The end of my era.

rubybeam
Illustrious Master Hunter

The end of my era.

Unread post by rubybeam »

Uncreative title I know stole from a pet dieing thread, but I couldn't think of anything else.

What can I say. these forums..aren't really forums anymore (copy/paste from deviantart journal)
these forums aren't even forums anymore.
its all flame debate flame debate, hunter whine hunter whine, troll troll troll troll

I dont even feel safe in the roleplaying forums anymore

im thinking on quitting it all together, im starting to even see friends turn hostile now, I think its starting to grow on me, plus I have a feeling all rp we create are going to die anyways, because so far they did.

so yes I am going to say goodbye, I realize your all going to miss me but, I honestly dont like being here as much anymore, these aren't the forums I used to know, no more jokes (like the P.dawg one), no more fun outbursts, im going to sound like an old man here but....
I remember when threads got derailed with FUN stuff, like the fun roleplaying, I remember that things hardily got locked, the jokes such as Ryno licking people, celebrating P.dawg, the threads about the greatest achevments the petopians earned in their last party with the guild

but that seems all the in dust now, rotting.

im sorry to say this but these aren't the forums I know and like anymore
so im waving goodbye
i'll log into the guild still, i'll only log onto the forums though to receive PMs
this is causing me way too much stress now
so good-bye
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Re: The end of my era.

Unread post by Cialbi »

*waves*

Something needs to change here. Rubybeam is far from the only person that has left us, and her reasons for leaving aren't anything new. But, how to do it?
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Awww, this again!

Please do me a favor and name one actual, legit troll on these forums - not just someone you disagree with or don't like, but an actual troll. Or better yet, notify a mod of those sorts of things. They can't really do anything unless you say something about it.

I agree that there is still hostility on the forums, but I don't really think that's a reason to quit forevars!!1! It's just a forum, it's just the Internet, there's absolutely no reason to 'not feel safe'. Sure someone can say something mean - laugh it off and get on with life. We have a few people here who can get coarse sometimes, myself included, but that's not open go-for-the-throat hostility. Honestly I've only seen maybe two people who have done something like that, and the rest are just a little rough around the edges. Tone is hard to tell through text.

That said, maybe a break is called for. I wish you the best of luck, and remember:

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

If Petopia forums stress you out this much, you're gonna hate the real world.

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous the lengths to which you have to walk on eggshells around here to keep from offending/pissing off somebody, but it IS an internet forum, and you're gonna have to deal with that just about anywhere online. Still, Petopia is a very unique community, definitely the only one of its kind, and I think the good stuff outweighs the bad most of the time.

Here's to hoping you're able to relax and reconsider. :)

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Well Petopia used to be a nice freindly place but It aint anymore.
rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

alright, as a final post here this is what im doing.

if you still want to chat with me Go to my deviantart, i'll always be there

and to keep up to date im changing myself to lurker so you may see me lurking around once and awhile, I'll also reply to any PMs but I wont post anymore
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Valfreya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind, Blackrock

Unread post by Valfreya »

This is exactly whats going on. Someone comes on here to say they are sad that some things have changed and instead of people trying to understand and be sympathetic they say that person needs to chill and get over it that they are tired of walking on eggshells etc..... I know that I havent posted alot on here, but I have been reading and enjoying these forums from when they started. I have to agree that the energy has changed somewhat on here, but that is always going to happen, unfortunately nothing ever stays the same, i also have to say that there are posts and people on here still that I enjoy. If I see a thread going a certain way, or if I get a bad "vibe" from a comment I just stop reading that post and find another that might peak my interest. Sorry to hear that you are leaving the forum ruby, I have enjoyed reading your posts in the past. Take care!
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Aaw. Sad to see you go, Ruby. But yeah, there'll still be dA. Can definitely understand some of the hostility and whatnot, I know I've probably at this point had a hand in it myself, thanks to my stance on rares. >>;

But yeah. dA. We still have that. *salutes.* It was good to have you around, and we'll always take you back if you ever want to return.
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Personally I used to come here several years ago, but didn't like it, so I took a year or so off. I don't remember the exact reason for it (although probably some of it was taking things too personally), but I do recall when I came back, Mania and the mods had done a lot of work to improve things (no anonymous posters, subjects reasonably broken out into subforums, etc), and liked the new site & community much more.

Every time I pop into the WoW forums, or pretty much any other wow-related forums out there, it strikes me how much nicer and more pleasant Petopia is. There are still things I disagree with or dislike from time to time, but if it makes other people feel more at ease and it's no skin off my back (and one of the things I realized during my hiatus is that most things are no skin off my back), then on the whole I'm happy to have the added diversity.
Impulse
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Tichondrius US

Unread post by Impulse »

Well, one way to deal with trolls and flaming is /ignore. Reaction is what fuels their urge to continue.

There is no reason to invest additional time to engage in conversation if other party is not willing to act with manner/respect/clear communication (as not everyone will react same to jokes and fooling around)