Rant Thread

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Vephriel »

Spiritbinder wrote:Not much of a rant, but a little one coming from a spoilt hunters POV. Where is our 4.3 Spirit beast dammit! In fact it does not even need to be a spirit beast, just something a little shiny. I know we were beyond spoilt last patch with pets.... but as I said, it still would have been nice to have one eater egg or something little to go a look into "pet wise" for the last patch of the expansion. My hope is that there may be something, we just haven't found it yet. :)
The model would have been datamined if we had something new though, I'm thinking we have a break in new pets until MoP.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Vephriel wrote: The model would have been datamined if we had something new though, I'm thinking we have a break in new pets until MoP.
Yeah.. I know :?

But then there were 2 other skoll skins (even if I do prefer the original) and a few other skins still not used (though we are at slim picking now thanks the the tireless efforts of Noah). And do I even dare discuss the flicking the tame switch on hyrdas? :mrgreen:

It's all good though, you know what they say...The longer the wait, the more you appreciate it when you do get it!

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

Spiritbinder wrote:Not much of a rant, but a little one coming from a spoilt hunters POV. Where is our 4.3 Spirit beast dammit! In fact it does not even need to be a spirit beast, just something a little shiny. I know we were beyond spoilt last patch with pets.... but as I said, it still would have been nice to have one eater egg or something little to go and look into "pet wise" for the last patch of the expansion. My hope is that there may be something, we just haven't found it yet. :)
There was something "new" though, wasn't there? Those 2 shiny cats from one of the new dungeons..?
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF..udge...

Just as I got to campus... I realized the reason I always came this early on wednesday was cause of our vert labs... which we don't have this week cause it's the last week... so now I have 3.5 hours until my class... Oh well.. I can try to study... And listen to Ever After...
My Dragon Cave
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

language warning cause I'm really pissed

So some of you in the guild may remember that I've been complaining about high latency already. Some people said it must be my fault for playing wow. Well.. MY ROOM MATES WENT FUCKING $100 OVER THE FUCKING BANDWIDTH LIMIT THIS MONTH. Which means I was right, it was cause of someone fucking streaming. Sure, there's been a WoW patch, and I've been streaming, but that's all my NORMAL usage. I haven't used more than normal, and I CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY $50 FOR THE FUCKING INTERNET. That's 2 weeks worth of groceries for me... And I have NO MONEY. Literally none...

Seriously... I'm telling them to switch... Or I'm gonna get my own fucking internet service. If I'm gonna be paying that much, it's going to be for MY BANDWIDTH, not someone elses.
My Dragon Cave
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

CrystalKitten wrote:language warning cause I'm really pissed
and I CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY $50 FOR THE FUCKING INTERNET. That's 2 weeks worth of groceries for me... And I have NO MONEY. Literally none...
Ummm, well dont pay it, make them pay it. Problem solved?

­
­
­
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Spiritbinder wrote:
CrystalKitten wrote:language warning cause I'm really pissed
and I CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY $50 FOR THE FUCKING INTERNET. That's 2 weeks worth of groceries for me... And I have NO MONEY. Literally none...
Ummm, well dont pay it, make them pay it. Problem solved?
I sent an e-mail to the person that handles the bill telling them I can't afford it, and I'm reasonably sure it wasn't my fault (or wasn't mostly me anyways). I pretty to switch to another company or I'd get my own line... unless they're on a contract, there's no reason NOT to switch...

Studying isn't gonna happen tonight.. I really need to study.. but.. I can't.. not now after that (for those that have missed it.. I have severe anxiety issues sometimes.. this is one of 'em.. I almost threw up after getting the e-mail)... SO now I have Ever after on ABSURDLY loud...
My Dragon Cave
Tufak
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tufak »

Hi.

In case you hadn't noticed, I'm in the process of potty training our twin sons. Oh, and raising them. And trying to make them decent people.

They're crying and worried about you right now because they don't understand why you're cursing and screaming and slamming your video game controller against the wall because you can't kill some mob in a damn video game.

And when you broke your controller...and I offered to fix it...I don't appreciate being screamed at for my offering to help. Nor do I appreciate being screamed at because I suggested you take a break from the game that was upsetting you so badly.

I'm your life partner, not your fucking emotional punching bag. Grow up and start treating me right.

Where characters come to life...
http://homelyletters.livejournal.com/
My dragon babies: http://dragcave.net/user/Tufak

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

CrystalKitten wrote:
I sent an e-mail to the person that handles the bill telling them I can't afford it, and I'm reasonably sure it wasn't my fault (or wasn't mostly me anyways).
You can e-mail the company and tell them you can not afford it, it may gain you a little grace time in before you have to pay it, how ever it's your bill for a service that was already provided to you and consumed by your account (weather it was your personally or not)

My reference to making them paying for it was aimed at your roommates. It really should be a non issue. They capped your net/incurred the excess bill, so they pay for it. They don't want to pay for it, no internet for them anymore... oh and lesson learned in regards to your friends character (it was only worth a $50 internet bill).

­
­
­
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

People need to learn to buy fucking headphones! No one wants to ehar your stupid ass music on the goddamn buss!
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

My motherboard committed suicide yesterday. AC:R is released today, and I'll have to wait until next week for a new motherboard.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Golden wrote:My motherboard committed suicide yesterday. AC:R is released today, and I'll have to wait until next week for a new motherboard.
Eesh Golden, on initial read of that first sentence my mind skipped the 'board'. x_x

Argh, that sucks though!
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

(I am glad it wasnt just me that skipped the "Board" part....)

Getting stressed out with my mom in town. Theres a kinda "taboo" topic we dont really bring up much, it involves a mobile that she bought for my Nana and I to live in when she up and pack to Saudi Arabia. Anyhow, its a rather complicated situation, and we both have a bit of money thats been invested into this unsellable old as hills mobile that still needs another 40k in fixing up...currently its being rented...its in my name...and now my mom wants me to transfer it over into her name. Which isnt that big of a deal, but all the money that I've been setting aside from the renter...its about 3.5k now. she wants to use that money to fix it up a bit more into a semi-sellable place, and Me and my guy want to take out money that we've sunk into that place and a whole pile of shit that had to go to the dump that she'd left behind when she up and went...but not sure how to tell her that a good chunk of that money is actually ours and we need it to pay back my Guys family for all that they spent helping us get rid of the junk, from dump runs to the use of a large moving truck, amongst other thing.
I just need my guy to sit down and crunch the numbers, and give my mom a figure on what we put in it, and what we're taking back...Really going to hate that conversation with her...she's one of those unintentionally selfish people who doesnt think about how her choices effect those around her...I doubt she even realises that we spent so much money cleaning up her mess...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Vephriel wrote:
Golden wrote:My motherboard committed suicide yesterday. AC:R is released today, and I'll have to wait until next week for a new motherboard.
Eesh Golden, on initial read of that first sentence my mind skipped the 'board'. x_x

Argh, that sucks though!
Same here. >>;

But yes, that's awful. Computers dying make me sad.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Going in circles with the BF about how Guild Wars 2 is his "WoW Killer" and how the PvP system is so much better and I'm pretty sure his only reference point for that argument is when we failed to kill a paladin once and he's still mad about it. I'm okay with him wanting to play something else and I'm okay with him thinking it's better, sure, but I'm tired of hearing how great it is like he's trying to convince me to go with him when it comes out. I can make that decision on my own and arguing with me about it isn't helping. @_@

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I'm tired of getting completely screwed over by other people. First one of my room mates can't live without downloading whatever they did (come on.. 30-50GB is NOT accidental.. that's at least 3-5 seasons of a show, for example... you don't download that "accidentally" and not realize)...

But today we got back our grades for our first lab report... The one that was peer reviewed. Well, I had to mark one that was... pretty poorly done. Too many references (we had a strict limit), not a SINGLE value reported in the results section (this is a scientific paper), the discussion and results section where almost identical in terms of content (anyone who's done a scientific paper before, and followed the "normal" guidelines should know there's NO talking about WHY something might be, or speculating, or anything beyond flat out experimental results in the results section), and so on and so one... However, because of the marking scheme.. they still got a 72.5.. which really isn't bad. Not great, but not bad. However, they weren't happy with that. They said I wasn't fair at ALL in their marking of my review... Which means I lost a full 0.25% off my final grade (not much.. but in some cases that can be the difference betwen academic probation or not... not that I'm that close to that.. or between a C, and a B when it comes to eventually applying to grad school or something...). Safe to say I sent an e-mail to the prof.. but we'll see what happens.

I'm just tired of people screwing me over by something they did intentionally... whether their intent to screw me over was there or not.. it still happened.. Seriously.. People freaking suck.. I'm trying to remember WHY I should/want to get over my social anxiety right about now :/ Can't really think of a good reason...
My Dragon Cave
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Nubhorns wrote:Going in circles with the BF about how Guild Wars 2 is his "WoW Killer" and how the PvP system is so much better and I'm pretty sure his only reference point for that argument is when we failed to kill a paladin once and he's still mad about it. I'm okay with him wanting to play something else and I'm okay with him thinking it's better, sure, but I'm tired of hearing how great it is like he's trying to convince me to go with him when it comes out. I can make that decision on my own and arguing with me about it isn't helping. @_@
Does he do it while playing WoW? I find that silly when people do that I mean why are you playing the game then!
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

cowmuflage wrote:
Nubhorns wrote:Going in circles with the BF about how Guild Wars 2 is his "WoW Killer" and how the PvP system is so much better and I'm pretty sure his only reference point for that argument is when we failed to kill a paladin once and he's still mad about it. I'm okay with him wanting to play something else and I'm okay with him thinking it's better, sure, but I'm tired of hearing how great it is like he's trying to convince me to go with him when it comes out. I can make that decision on my own and arguing with me about it isn't helping. @_@
Does he do it while playing WoW? I find that silly when people do that I mean why are you playing the game then!
At least then I'd be having fun. No, he refuses to play WoW with me and go explore the new stuff because he's 'not happy with the way they're handling the Lore'. So basically Bullshit Reason #4.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I miss playing wow with my BF. He was the one that introduced it to me. I had so much fun running around on my druid in BC and him on his warrior. We made a great team. (this was when boomy's still made great healers). Sadly he doesnt play anymore and often tells me that wow is a boring repetative game and he doesnt unterstand how I can still like it. He talks down about WoW alot and it makes me mad...But I am suppose to listen and follow along while he yammers on about how great warhammer is...ya..no.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Nubhorns wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:
At least then I'd be having fun. No, he refuses to play WoW with me and go explore the new stuff because he's 'not happy with the way they're handling the Lore'. So basically Bullshit Reason #4.
Ah thats just mean!
Makoes wrote:I miss playing wow with my BF. He was the one that introduced it to me. I had so much fun running around on my druid in BC and him on his warrior. We made a great team. (this was when boomy's still made great healers). Sadly he doesnt play anymore and often tells me that wow is a boring repetative game and he doesnt unterstand how I can still like it. He talks down about WoW alot and it makes me mad...But I am suppose to listen and follow along while he yammers on about how great warhammer is...ya..no.
Well Warhammer is a wonderfull table top game. We would not have WoW Orcs if it was not for it XD BUT I understand where you are comeing from that's just a bad way to be a BF!