Rant Thread

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by cowmuflage »

It really gets my goat when someone compares one game to another game that is not even the same type of game. It just makes the person look stupid really it does and there is no good way of doing it to make you not look stupid. Like they will compare a RPG to a FPS and the like.

Lets use a really saldy common example that most of you have seen WoW to a Elder scrolls game useally Skyrim. One is an MMORPG the other is a Single player RPG. Yes both are fantasy games but that is not a good reason to compare the too. (Age of kings and Halo are both war games would you compare the two? No you would not it would be stupid.) Of course they don't play the same or have the same features why would they? One is made for online mulitplay the other is made for offline singleplay.

What I'm saying is compare a game to a game that is the same type so a MMO to a MMO or a FPS to a FPS. Don't cross types it will only make you and your point look stupid.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Got my goat, got my water stiders, then server does the restart.... T.T Eventually I am going to get a stone Quilen(sp?)...dang restart happening 15min after my game finished downloading!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

A long time ago, in a game far, far away...

Blue Fang and Microsoft had joined up to make a game called Zoo Tycoon. It, was surprisingly a big hit, even though it's graphics are really outdated and the gameplay was ok. What really got things going was the release of Zoo Tycoon, a game that had 3-D graphics and could let you control the zoo a little bit better. Oh, and in Freeform Game, you get Unlimited Moneyz. They made a couple expansions for it (Like Zoo Tycoon, which had Dinosaur Digs and Marine Mania), these were named African Adventure, Endangered Species (These two and the original were put together to make Zookeeper Collection), Marine Mania, and finally Extinct Animals. Oh, and there was a little downloadable pack on the Zoo Tycoon website called Dino Danger, which had some major polygon dinosaurs (Only 4!).

However, Extinct Animals was not originally planned. Instead, there was going to be a Zoo Tycoon 3, which, would probably have some badass graphics. Then of course, despite the fans disappointment, they made Zoo Tycoon 2: Ultimate Collection, which formed all of the games into one, huge, super game. Ultimate Collection really didn't have a purpose except just to buy every expansion at once without getting all the games separate.

So yeah, to sum things up, before the license that would keep Blue Fang and Microsoft ended, they made some really great games. However, they never made one that would probably continue the Zoo Tycoon 2 franchise further to realistic graphics and even more realistic controls and gameplay.
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

Stupid Xariona, she's such a troll. I really got a heart attack when NPC scan blared at me in Deepholm while near one of Aenoaxx' spawns and then it's her... :(

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

*Inc Language Be Warned*

No offense to the teenagers on here but..

VANDALISM IS NOT COOL! YOU DO NOT SMASH SOMEONES HEADLIGHT ON THEIR CAR WITH A ROCK AND LEAVE!

I'm so mad right now, I cant even prove they did it because I was at work but I know the same teenagers did it because they come and fuck shit up all the time. Now I've gotta pay 150 to have it replaced. My car is still new.. NEW AND NOW ITS EFFED UP! ARRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

I hear you! My car has been keyed a few times for no good reason, and some time ago it seems someone drove/reversed into the driver side door and dented it significantly, all without even leaving an "I'm sorry" note, much less their details. Grr!
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Never ever ever have braces for 5 years. Your tooth enamel goes to shit. :|

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Silivren

Anyia wrote:I hear you! My car has been keyed a few times for no good reason, and some time ago it seems someone drove/reversed into the driver side door and dented it significantly, all without even leaving an "I'm sorry" note, much less their details. Grr!
I know I wanna shake them and yell - "Didnt your mother ever teach you that damaging someone elses property is wrong!?"

Miacoda

Unread post by Miacoda »

I can't sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep D:<

AKA TheDoomcookie

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

OH MY FREAKING GOD WHY DO THE OSHU'GUN CRYSTAL POWDER SAMPLES HAVE TO HAVE SUCH A LOW DROP RATE

MY SANITY SJDNFJKSDFNMJKDNJKSBNIKHD

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

HawkseyesX
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by HawkseyesX »

I am having a really bad time right now, my parents mostly my mom keep saying I'm "too negative" or that I'm "whining too much" and something happened today and I was tryin to explain what happened and my mom starts interrupting and yelling at me for being "negative" even though I wasn't thn my dad comes and smacks me in the side of the head and I don't think there's a mark but it really hurts and I have a bad headache and I'm hidin in my room and start shaking when I open my door because I'm afraid they're gonna hit me again and i have been crying for the past 30 minutes and I just want to die help me :'(

thanks Veph for the awesome sig! :D

Silivren

HawkseyesX wrote:I am having a really bad time right now, my parents mostly my mom keep saying I'm "too negative" or that I'm "whining too much" and something happened today and I was tryin to explain what happened and my mom starts interrupting and yelling at me for being "negative" even though I wasn't thn my dad comes and smacks me in the side of the head and I don't think there's a mark but it really hurts and I have a bad headache and I'm hidin in my room and start shaking when I open my door because I'm afraid they're gonna hit me again and i have been crying for the past 30 minutes and I just want to die help me :'(
Did he smack you.. Or punch you? Because if it really hurts thats considered abuse. I dont know about your life personally but I wouldnt stand for that if my parents were beating me and when you're so scared you wont even open the door... Thats not good, you need to say something to someone you trust who can help you.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Why do way too many people get upset when people ask for money when they ask for artwork? It's like my god you are asking the person to draw artwork for you, take a part of their time to draw you something but you expect them to do it for free? How is that fair? You just look greedy when you expect an artist to make work for you with out anything in return.

I mean if you are close friends or something then yeah it's fine but I see way too many people demanding artists to draw stuff and then get angry when the artist wants something in return.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Film comes out in the UK before the US = no spoilers on the internet at all. (Good example - Avengers.)

Film comes out in the US before the UK = SPOILERS EVERYWHERE. (Good example - The Lorax. I know the entire thing by accident all thanks to spoilers placed all over the internet.)

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

HawkseyesX
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by HawkseyesX »

Vulpixen wrote:
HawkseyesX wrote:I am having a really bad time right now, my parents mostly my mom keep saying I'm "too negative" or that I'm "whining too much" and something happened today and I was tryin to explain what happened and my mom starts interrupting and yelling at me for being "negative" even though I wasn't thn my dad comes and smacks me in the side of the head and I don't think there's a mark but it really hurts and I have a bad headache and I'm hidin in my room and start shaking when I open my door because I'm afraid they're gonna hit me again and i have been crying for the past 30 minutes and I just want to die help me :'(
Did he smack you.. Or punch you? Because if it really hurts thats considered abuse. I dont know about your life personally but I wouldnt stand for that if my parents were beating me and when you're so scared you wont even open the door... Thats not good, you need to say something to someone you trust who can help you.
We actually (thanks to my mother) managed to work it out in a civilized way, turns out we were just all so stressed out we were at our breaking points, and it was a smack mostly to the temple of my head, not a punch, and I think I'm gonna be okay, it's a bit rougher cause we both have ADHD, I think we worked it out though :)

thanks Veph for the awesome sig! :D

Miacoda

Unread post by Miacoda »

WTB better gun regulations in the US.... Seriously... this is just so sad. =/

AKA TheDoomcookie

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Everyone has the right to Bear arms.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Miacoda

Unread post by Miacoda »

Heh, love that Family Guy clip. :lol:
And I guess I should just be clear, I don't mean that no one should have guns, I just think that there should be some more regulations. for instance, you only have to go through a background check if you buy a gun from a dealer. If a non-dealer goes to a gun show and sells oyu guns, there's no background check required. And obviously it won't stop everything, but I feel it will reduce some things. Like, in Tulsa, Oklahoma, there's a shooting at LEAST every week. It's gotten pretty bad in some parts there. I sometimes fear for my family that lives there.
I mean, really, I just want safety. I want my family and friends, and even people who I don't know, to be safe.
Gah, I'm sorry, I don't want to start a debate or anything, I'm just ranting because... this was just a really sad thing to wake up to. =/ I'm just... sort of demi-depressed. :(

AKA TheDoomcookie

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Makoes wrote:Everyone has the right to Bear arms.

I want a pair of bear arms now..... Would never go through customs! :lol:
Miacoda

Unread post by Miacoda »

I need a new mattress >_< I'm so tired but I can't freaking sleep! D:<

AKA TheDoomcookie