Rant Thread

Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Morven »

My housemate ... I wish he wasn't so naive about people, but even more so, I wish he'd actually listen to people whose judgment generally gets it right. Every time someone burns him he acknowledges he's wrong but you can't bring it up ever again about the new shiny, can't say that we see all the signs, no, "she's different". No, she's not. He seems to feel that if he closes his eyes to what's wrong it won't blow up in his face. Again.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

A hedgehog kept me up all night as it was out side my window all night. They may look cute but they sure do sound like some sort of demon beast!
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

All that rustling around, cowmuflage?
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Morven wrote:All that rustling around, cowmuflage?
Yeah and it was grunting too XD They do kind of sound like a pig!
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

You know what's great?
Getting disconnected from WoW EVERY FUCKING TWO MINUTES

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

>tells professors that the doctor believes i have lupus
>one professor is like 'lol no u seem so healthy ur just faking it'

butch i will cut you
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I got my 'cold' August 18th, still mostly dying as of September 22nd, I've seen doctors twice, been through a full 180ml bottle of Benylin All-In-One, about 70ml of Benylin Cough and Chest Congestion, five Advil Cold and Flu tablets, a few Neocitran drinks, and 250cc of Ratio-Cotridin. None of the medication is even working when I'm on it, I choked for what felt like half a minute (most likely less) on my own sinus crap because it blocked my nose and throat airways at the same time. The consistency of this shit's like fucking drying glue.

I've nearly coughed myself, as well as blowing my nose, into passing out nearly all day today. Been suffering major few-minute headaches from it each time I do from all the damned pressure. I tried calling my doctor today (saturday) but they're only open monday, thursday, and friday. So I have to wait till monday to call, and hope I'll be able to see him this week, preferably same day as when I call. But despite the so few days he has, he has more brains than both the walk-in doctors combined x2.

The walk-in doctors treat me like cattle and just listen to my chest four or five times and write me a prescription before sending me off. They don't bother to get to know anything about me, what I've been taking for it, what I've been feeling. The first doctor prescribed me the Ratio-Cotrin, the second doctor prescribed it again to me despite how it was NOT WORKING but I didn't know it was the same damned thing because the prescription form was different than the one the first doctor game me. The medicine names were different but they ended up being the same fucking thing.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I have a blister under a callus on one of my toes. D: The pain!
mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

There are ants all over my desk and keyboard again. But I haven't spilled food anywhere. Also having a hell of a time coming up with poses for a commission.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

I'm not quite sure where else to put this but...I've had bad luck with cats recently :( Just a few years ago Jingles got intestinal problems and passed away. She had been our cat for many years. Then, we got Gizmo. A year or two after we got Gizmo she was hit by a car while crossing the street to our house. Then, we got Rosie. Just a couple weeks ago Rosie vanished. There's no sign of her anywhere. I can only assume the worst and I'm tired of losing my cats right after I become attached to them (The only cat we've ever had for a long period of time was Jingles. Even the cats before her passed away not many years after we got them but I was too young to really get attached to them)

We've only had her for a few months but I'm still so upset that I cry when I think about it...Oh well...Life will go on...

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Jurz wrote:I'm not quite sure where else to put this but...I've had bad luck with cats recently :( Just a few years ago Jingles got intestinal problems and passed away. She had been our cat for many years. Then, we got Gizmo. A year or two after we got Gizmo she was hit by a car while crossing the street to our house. Then, we got Rosie. Just a couple weeks ago Rosie vanished. There's no sign of her anywhere. I can only assume the worst and I'm tired of losing my cats right after I become attached to them (The only cat we've ever had for a long period of time was Jingles. Even the cats before her passed away not many years after we got them but I was too young to really get attached to them)

We've only had her for a few months but I'm still so upset that I cry when I think about it...Oh well...Life will go on...
Don't lose hope. Cats have a tendency to wander off and then one day stroll back into your home as if nothing happened. I don't live with my mum anymore but when I was, my cat Poppy went missing for two years. Thanks to the help of Facebook and a very, very helpful vet, we found out she'd gotten lost and someone had taken her in when she was on death's door. She was a ten minute drive down the road the whole time. Currently, my mum's first male cat, Diablo, is missing and has been since the start of summer. Sadly, it's a lot more common for young male cats to follow a female around for a while and then find themselves lost. While we hope he'll 'do a Poppy' and miraculously be found again one day, it's just what cats do I'm afraid. They wander off. But don't give up.

Have you tried contacting the local vet and seeing if they have seen any cats under Rosie's description? Sign up to a few (if there are any) local cat shelters or websites that track missing pets. If she had a chip or a collar with an address on, that of course would be helpful. Put up some missing posters too, we did that for both Poppy and Diablo. Believe me, I know how you feel. For the two years Poppy was missing, I'd think about her all the time and just start crying, I missed out on a lot of college classes because I was just so upset almost constantly. I'd never been attached to a cat like I was to her and you can't even imagine my relief when my mother came over to visit me to tell me Poppy had been found. My point is... don't give up. I never did, I searched for her all the time and signed up to as many places I could that could help me, and now we have her back again.

Also, if possible, have you considered indoor cats? Poppy is old now and prefers to stay indoors, so she does, while our others go out on a night time and sometimes during the day if they want to. But even so, we planned on keeping her indoors if she ever came back to stop her trying to wander back to her other home, since she must've been very confused and it was quite hard for us to take her away from her new home. The only reason we did was because we did a 'test trial' to see how she'd be with the other cats and she settled in almost immediately, my british shorthair, Ruby, who hates every new cat who comes into the house after her (AKA. Diablo) recognised Poppy immediately, as did Poppy's daughter, Blossom, and neither of them had any problem with her coming back after so long. The main reason we took her back though was because we realised the lady looking after her wasn't grooming her at all or feeding her properly. As grateful as we were to her for keeping her alive... Poppy was so fat! She was feeding her carnation milk; very bad for cats. It took a while but she started drinking proper cat milk again when we took her back in and she lost a ton of weight almost immediately and now she's back to her old self.

... God damn I started blabbering on about my cats again, this always happens. >.< Sorry! I just hate to see other people upset about their pets going missing, especially after what I went through with it, so I start talking about Poppy and arggggg *shuts mouth*

TL;DR: Don't lose hope, ask neighbours about Rosie, put up missing posters, contact your vet, sign up to cat search websites, consider keeping indoor cats if possible.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Thank you for believing she will return :cry: It really means a lot to me. I will try to do everything you suggested but school keeps me busy and I live out in the country and the local vet and my college are in the opposite directions. I probably won't get around to it until the weekend :( I hope you're right and she just wondered off. She loved hunting, so maybe she was chasing something. She's such a small cat. She's full grown yet she's the size of a large kitten.

Sorry, now I'm rambling about my cat

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

SIGHS my legs hurt a lot today. can't wait for the painkillers to be prescribed.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

On antibiotics wooo.

*sarcastic laugh*

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

OMG why does therapy hurt so much?? I'm about to chew off my ankle or down a bottle of cough syrup that's mostly codeine! :mrgreen:

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

What.. the fuck?

WHAT THE FUCK?

Excuse me. No. No.

You ditched your guild and left us in complete chaos and disorder. You STOLE from the bank before you left. You announced that you regretted not taking the 80k offer on the guild instead of throwing us to one of your friends. You completely screwed us. You broke our hearts. You did everything WRONG.

And NOW? NOW? Now you come back making another guild with the same name as ours, using OUR LORE that is on OUR SITE that WE WROTE after we rebuilt OUR GUILD from scratch. After WE struggled. You build lore on top of OUR LORE without our permission.
When you left us the way you did, you lost all rights to the guild and the name. You should be gone. Go make another guild. Go make another character. You are not supposed to be on that one any more.

If you wanted to come back, you could have left the guild in an officers hands to watch over it until you returned. Right now, you are just kicking us and tossing us aside, but now that we have rebuilt you are simply crawling ontop of us claiming it is all yours after you did NOTHING.

We worked hard. We sat up till 5 AM for weeks going through officer stuff, planning ranks and lore, planning recruitment, planning EVERYTHING. Now you're coming back to screw us over. A big fucking middle finger to all of us after all our work.

Fuck you. Fuck. You.

Siggy under construction!

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Getting blood drawn today. Wooo. \ovo/

TOO BAD IT MEANS I CAN'T EAT UNTIL AFTER MY APPOINTMENT
• Aela's Pet Journal

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

I'm sick of camping Huolon. over 80 kills by now. REALLY? I could jump at those people getting the mount on their first/second whatever kills and then bragging about it how they only "made one hit for loot". You don't deserve this mount - you didn't camp, you didn't loose your sanity over it, you didn't even know there could be a mount.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I'd be fucking great if I could, y'know, actually play WoW. But no. The moment I move my character a fucking inch, my latency flips its collective shit and disconnects me. This has been going on since fucking FRIDAY.
I'M SO FUCKING DONE WITH THIS BULLSHIT AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX THE MOTHERFUCKING THING.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

I feel like I'm going to be violently sick. When I can't swallow a pill the first time and it becomes all wet and stuff from the drink I tried to wash it down with, my body reacts like I'm choking to death and flips ultimate shit. ;-;