Rant Thread

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Lisaara »

Mrrr...headache....pms.....

I hate it that 'aunt flo' decided to show up on time for a change because I have D&D today and a trip tomorrow

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Yeeahhhhhh that sounds like a whole other problem. Like... simply not going along with her. Let her have her tizzy. Eventually either she'll get it through her head that not everyone is a lush, or...well, she'll stay home and finish turning into a raging alcoholic by herself, I guess. But either way, I really wouldn't encourage her if she's doing something no one else appreciates.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

On the subject of drinking the people who tell you not to drink because they don't like do make me angry. Like if someone invites you to say a birthday party and you don't want to drink, don't drink, don't demand others do the same. There should always be at least one sober or close to sober person at a party anyway. Be that person! Don't be a grump. People respect sober drivers I know my circle of friends sure do.

I had someone I used to call a friend who would constantly tell us we should stop having booze at parties because they don't like and it got to the point where no one like them and we simple stopped inviting them to things (not just drinks). Oh and they thought we would try and force them to drink and that's just stupid seeing as there are a few people in my group of friends who don't drink and we don't force them too.

Of course there is nothing wrong with not drinking. It's just the way people act sometimes that is not that good.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Nachtwulf wrote:Yeeahhhhhh that sounds like a whole other problem. Like... simply not going along with her. Let her have her tizzy. Eventually either she'll get it through her head that not everyone is a lush, or...well, she'll stay home and finish turning into a raging alcoholic by herself, I guess. But either way, I really wouldn't encourage her if she's doing something no one else appreciates.
The problem with this is that in our 'circle' of friends, we're separated across only three houses and two of them live with her so it's very hard for them to say no/get away from her. Easy for me, my fiance and a few others because we don't live in the same house, buuuut... in just under two months now, we're all moving in together. I love the girl, believe me, she's normally so lovely if not a bit too hyperactive for everyone, but when it comes to this, there's issues, clearly. So soon enough it's going to be hard for any of us to escape. xD

I agree with Cow, I'm not much of a drinker myself but I don't tell others not to, I just stay out of the way if I'm really not in the mood. Which is the reason why we don't tell her to stop what she's doing, because technically it's not fair. :/ It's not our fault we don't want to do what she's doing but at the same time we're not just going to let her peer pressure us into it. We need to come to a compromise but that's one thing she doesn't do well at all. She's very 'my way or no way at all' and it can put a damper on everyone's relationship with her.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm one of those who doesn't like booze at parties. However....I don't tell people not to. My fiance and I got a rule. If he's gonna drink with his friends, he's either gonna limit himself and wait however many hours to get sober before driving home OR he's just gonna stay at a friends house over night and he can get drunk if he wants so long as he's not driving. He knows I'm stickler about that but he deems is fair cause I just want him safe.

LisaaraPokefarm

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Having a dream of owning a spectral tiger mount is upsetting. There was one that was in the AH for a long time, but it looks like someone's finally bought it, since it hasn't been in in a few days.

I'm cry. I just really want that mount. But I'm poor and I only have like 3k in WoW to boot.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

As this is the most supportive place I know I felt I could write this here. I received a rather upsetting message via Facebook inbox and was literaly shaking after reading it...I now can't sleep as its 1am even after crying in the arms of my fiance. This has some personal history so if you don't want to read about my dysfunctional family I won't blame you! Anyway I discovered this "other" section in your inbox on FB tonight where ppl who aren't your friends can leave messagers. This message was left on the 20th of Sept last year so I only noticed it tonight...god I'm glad I missed it till then.

This person who did not leave a name or have an active facebook account as their username is "Facebook User" basically wrote a wall of text about my half-sisters (ill call the M and G) and how badly their mother treated them. This isn't news to me. My fathers ex-wife beat on M and my father claimed he wasn't aware until after she left him. Anyway long story short - G went with their mother, M stayed with dad. The message then goes onto to say how horrible my father is to M and how he ridiculed and "laughed" at her when she lived with him. It went onto to say somethings I know aren't true (mainly because of what my mum said and as they aren't married why would she lie?) but basically my father is a horrible man and M is a giant victim. Now my father isn't perfect. I don't hold him up on some pedastall and think he is without faults but I know he did NOT do these things to M. Infact the opposite...

He did everything for her. Bought her a car, paid for college, gave her a deposit for her first home (10k), paid for her wedding (30k) then when she didnt like where she was living sold his house and gave her 200k to buy a property outright so she wouldn't have a morgage. He is approaching 80 and now rents his own home as she was meant to use some of that money so he could retire and live with them. No. She sold that property and moved even further away so he wouldn't want to live with her. She then cut of all contact with him because he dared to tell his grandson to pick up litter that the kid dropped!!! Apparently precious 8yr old A can't be told off by adults /rolleyes. She is no longer a victim. Atleast not at my fathers hands.

One thing the message of hate did not mention is that I basically grew up without a father because of M. She resented my exsistance when I was born and thought I would take dad away from her so I wasn't allowed to know he was my dad until i was 12. It didn't bother me tbh until i read this message...if she hated dad SO much did I miss out on my father for nothing? If she hated him for all those things he did for her....it just made me angry and upset to think this. She said some other stuff about "making an effort and her husband said why bother we don't care" why the fuck would I care about someone who ignored me for 14yrs and then all of sudden wanted to be my sister!!?

Then it got me thinking, why send this now? And why didn't she send it herself? Why her "pagan friend" is all the information I have to go on who didn't stick around to hear my end of the story. Then it dawned on me. My other half sister G had recently made contact with dad and me. She wanted to get to know us and had broken off contact with her mother. It was also send 2 days after i put my engagement on facebook. Did this person want me to feel ratshit at what should be the happiest time? That got me even more upset. And now I'm typing this at 1am...sigh. I seriously wish I could respond to this person but since they are too cowardly to even tell me who they were I'll write this to make myself feel better. I sent a message to G to see if she got anything similuar.

Anyway I feel better after writing all that, thanks rant thread :) Now i'll try to slepp...

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Sleep well Castile *hug*

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Ugh lor’themar's armour is way to complicated to be able to animate well @.@ Gunna have to simplify it.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Like three people owe me money and while I'm perfectly fine finance wise it bugs me. D: One of them went on holiday for the week and wanted something bought on Steam for him so it's fine, but two others owe me money towards a friend's birthday present and it's like... come on... pay up. x___x

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Had 4 months to get some pictures done, and now the deadlines creeping up on 1 month remaining (which can seem like a long time, but really isn't not with an energetic kid!!)
I have 7 pictures to get done!! 3 traditional, and 4 digital.
Plus a plethora of other pictures that need to be done ^^; I need to stop procrastinating and do them!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Just going to put it out there: Vol’jin’s face paint sucks and I hate it.

Try drawing it and come back to me.

No really I can't seem to get it right.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Social media makes me ill at times. The way ppl can leave vile messages without a consequence just...ergh.

Shadowlands

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Bronies who say stupid shit like 'yeah, this show is CLEARLY for kids' when something mildly dark/scary/violent happens.

IT'S A LITTLE FIVE-YEAR-OLD GIRL'S CARTOON WHETHER OR NOT THE POPULATION OF ALL OF YOU ARE GOING TO BELIEVE IT OR NOT. Stop trying to fool yourselves.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Snowy wrote:Bronies who say stupid shit like 'yeah, this show is CLEARLY for kids' when something mildly dark/scary/violent happens.

IT'S A LITTLE FIVE-YEAR-OLD GIRL'S CARTOON WHETHER OR NOT THE POPULATION OF ALL OF YOU ARE GOING TO BELIEVE IT OR NOT. Stop trying to fool yourselves.
lmao thats like trying to say old cartoons like Courage the Cowardly Dog wasn't for kids
it was for kids
it was just fuckin' grimdark as shit

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I am so 10083495% DONE WITH ACRYLICS

god I hate acrylics

(I mean the paint)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I am starting to really dislike these two hardcore Sylveon collectors. They snipe almost ANYTHING from EVERYONE just because it has a bloody Sylveon in the corner and I've seen them winning multiples of the same item too. If you want to collect Sylveon items, fine, but it seems stupid to me to want an item just because there's a tiny Sylveon in the corner of something that's covered in other Pokemon, for example. Plus they seem like they both have really expendable income or something since they're always bidding far too much money on everything they see and it leaves no room for smaller collectors like me to get some of the rarer items. :/ I just want Sylveon plushies and figures mainly but sometimes a nice notebook pops up I would like a chance at getting that's worth like $10 and suddenly NOPE these two appear and have a bidding war all over it going up to ridiculous prices, congratulating each other when the other wins and wishing each other luck, but completely ignoring the efforts of smaller collectors like myself. :/

I dunno, I feel like I'm in this small minority of Sylveon collectors who are frowned upon because we aren't amongst the elite who collect anything and everything and have money coming out their ass. I know someone who feels the same way about Slowpoke collectors, there's people out there who will snipe anything and everything from the group auctions and she never gets a chance. It seems like the people who have all the money are the people who only think of themselves and will instantly slap bids of $50 on to items worth about $10.

I'll never forget when one of these big collectors won a bidding war for a custom Sylveon plush I really wanted. The plush was worth about $90. They won it for $230 and went on to brag about how cheap and easy they got it. I wanted to punch them in the face.

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

I've managed to hurt myself in a really stupid way...i fell UP stairs! I must of put all my weight onto my left arm because now its so sore I can barely lift it above my head! Putting my jacket on and off was so painful...i've prob just jarred it or pull a muscle but oweeeeeee :( I had to sleep in one position all night because it hurt so much.

Shadowlands

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

<battle music in Winterhold inn> "What's attacking you?" " A glitch. Sometimes the battle music just... keeps playing."

NO, IT WAS BEARS. I step outside the inn, and there are no fewer than THREE polar bears mauling the shit out of a poor chicken. The guards were all standing there like " Oh! A Fight!" And then the bears decided to turn on me I can't leave the inn.

... <playing Skyrim>
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Meh. Gotta wait til Monday to take the Cloud+ cert.

Also my back hurts. :<

#firstworldproblems, right?

LisaaraPokefarm