Rant Thread

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Krysteena »

Iowa, once she gets her account back make sure to change the password. Something kinda complicated, that he won't get. It's pathetic that he's doing that honestly >.>

I hear ya Lupis. DA is just as bad. Unless you're some amazing artist you're getting nowhere. No comments. No notices someone's added you to their gallery. No nothing. I posted some more original art and it got nothing. The minute I draw a piece of fanart for wow someone says something...is the other stuff not good at all?
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Yes I agree it is pathetic this fucker has the balls to try and do this to us been happening ever since we got together someone somewhere has tried to ruin what we built but her and I are strong enough to make it past this. If they wanted the wolf they got the wolf and my fangs and claws are bared no one fucks with my girlfriend and yes if she does get it back I will help her make a new password.
Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Snowy »

Kayro wrote:I hear ya Lupis. DA is just as bad. Unless you're some amazing artist you're getting nowhere. No comments.
Lupis *is* an amazing artist. The problem isn't the artist. It's the community in general. Unless you're drawing fanart of something uber-popular *and* you're good at it, no one seems to care on dA.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Sometimes, halfway through a drawing, I wonder why I'm putting the effort into it.

I want to be proud of my art and show it to people and make them happy through my art. I want people to get as excited about my art as I get. And that just can't always happen- I know that. But sometimes, after pouring my soul into a drawing, getting a comment and a few wordless reblogs is just... discouraging to a massive amount.

It's no wonder I stop getting excited so quickly.

(I know this is kind of a shallow and common rant, but it's been hitting me hard the last few days.)

I know this feel all too well, and I'm sorry you're experiencing it. Every artist goes through the same thing at some point, we put effort into our craft and, as egotistical as it can seem, it hurts when that effort goes unnoticed. Maybe that's a result of our schooling - in which we're rewarded with each and every work we turn in with a shiny sticker - mixed with the faceless, emotionless mess that is the internet. Where we expect to be praised, we instead find ourselves faced with nothing but silence.
In truth, it might be that plenty of people saw your work, but were too shy to comment or respond in some way. Or had nothing to say about it other than the stock standard "that's awesome!" responses that you can find on any greeting card.

Or, considering your ire is pointed to tumblr, it might well be more of an issue with how that website loads up it's new posts, which is to say throwing them all atop of one another with no default way to sort through them. It is so hard to keep track of people just because everything is just thrown together in a timeline. Something you post in the late evening is likely not going to be seen in the morning, just because there's like a hundred posts covering it up.
As for dA, it's a better service than Tumblr for sure, but imperfect. In order to get noticed, your best bet is to get involved in a number of communities and groups or hope that it doesn't get swept off the front page too quickly. You gotta spread yourself out to get noticed. Put your name beyond your own gallery. Or draw fetish work.

I want to say that you should do art for your own enjoyment and screw anyone who keeps their silence. But considering my own issues right now, that'd be so amazingly hypocritical. I will say that your art is fantastic and wonderful for now and for always. I am sorry if my silence has helped the hurt, but, I do keep an eye on you and the work you produce. Your works are worthwhile and wonderful and I always, always love seeing them pop up, even if I'm too up my own ass to say anything publicly. Put the effort into them because you're so, so talented and it's something you enjoy doing. It would be a shame to see you give up just because nameless faces on the internet decided that some TV show is worth more of their attention than someone who is kind and awesome and talented.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Snowy wrote:
Kayro wrote:I hear ya Lupis. DA is just as bad. Unless you're some amazing artist you're getting nowhere. No comments.
Lupis *is* an amazing artist. The problem isn't the artist. It's the community in general. Unless you're drawing fanart of something uber-popular *and* you're good at it, no one seems to care on dA.
Or you're a drama whore. They get lots of attention on DA.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Thank you for the replies, guys. <3 I'd like to make sure nobody feels like it's their fault in particular, because it's certainly not. I should have made that more clear in my original angstpost! It ended up being a lot more guilt-trippy than I intended. x.x

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Snowy wrote:
True.
Even more reasons why I dislike dA.
And on the subject of art...I spent 4 hours burning pages (absolutely terrifying) and overall panicking I wasn't going to get my homework done and I go into class....the homework I'd spent hours on was to be done in lesson. Hey Ho at least I'm ahead of the class now...
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Of course fan art will ALWAYS be more popular then original work because people like to see things they are familiar with. They want to see characters they like. It's always been like that. I mean you don't even need to look on the internet for that I mean a heck of a lot of the most famous paintings and statues in the world are fanart! They are pictures of things from the bible or myth or of leaders XD

Also like in anything if you want to be noticed you have to put the effort in it. It sucks and it's not easy to do but it's better then just putting it online and waiting for people to come to you. :S It's exactly the same in the animation industry. You are the one who has to advertise yourself.

The reason I think DA is far better then Tumblr is for artists is the gallery feature. Tumblr does not really have a easy way to search through someones work. More so if the blogger reblogs a lot of things. Their search engine is kinda shonky too.

I don't comment much on things mainly because I like to critique work to ya know help people as I like to help and uh it gets extra hard if its original works as well it's more personal to the artist and so their is a higher chance they will take it the wrong way >.>
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

got to talk a bit to my girlfriend tonight before she went to bed from being busy today which I as her boyfriend understand but while talking I mentioned how her hacked facebook messaged me trying to say she was cheating on me which we both know isn't true yes this is a long distance relationship and we aren't living together but I trust her as she trusts me with our whole hearts. We both have an idea who is doing this to us her ex bfs bratty daughter she never really liked her, my girlfriend, when she was with her father and now she is happy something that idiot could never do and now she wants to ruin her happiness. I got news for them isn't happening we are stronger than that we will make it work been making it work over a year now and look at us go as a couple we rock and roll.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Why am I feeling feelings for a pigeon ;-;
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Iowa have you blocked the account or reported this to FB as thats really the best thing you can do. It doesn't really matter who is doing this especially if it has no substance - but stopping them is the main thing.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

ya I have been reporting them to fb
Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I received an eggplant from a regular customer at my workplace out of the blue the other day, and finally decided to cook some the other night because it had been sitting a couple days and I didn't want it to go bad...

Oh MAN is it greasy. I dunno if I'm doing something wrong or what, but I've cooked some twice now and both times, despite being very tasty, it also did not sit well in my stomach. Eugh X_X

And there's still so much left....
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

You're just using too much oil, that's all, it's really easy to do with eggplant. The big ones especially act like sponges to whatever you're cooking in and just absorb all the oil they touch. If you're worried, try baking it.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I seriously don't get this guy. We had a "discussion" about a year ago about how he thought "anyone involved with a religion was stupid" (being an aethist he totally knows..) I said "thats the biggest load of shit i've ever read" blah blah...anyway a YEAR later he PM me on FB to bring it up again and posts me some article...really? Why the fuck do you even care what I think!?? (I'm not even overly religious but I respect the right of ppl to worship w/e god/s they want to) He said he wouldn't care but my believes "affect other people because religion is so dangerous" wat. Its friday. I want to have a good day not argue with you over some crap you spewed on FB like a year ago - go away and get a job or hobby or something sheesh!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Not really a proper rant but... it's freezing outside. This time last week I was outside in a t-shirt and now my coat can barely keep me warm. Don't make me go out again. T____T

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

So my NVIDIA GeForce 460 finally took a total dump on me last night at around 10pm. I was up til 1am trying to fix it but nothing worked til I googled about the red lines on my screen I was seeing. It was a hardware problem, not a software, and it basically meant it was going bad and needed to be replaced....which it did. It would BSoD me upon mere start up.

So...pro: I got a new graphics card before WoD
Con: Had to dip into the wedding funds a little to get this card. It was about $76 at Best Buy. I hated to do it but if it weren't for school(which I need my computer for all the time), I would've waited til next week. Also I had to put off my guildie's birthday present til next week too.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

My friend decided that taking her girlfriend out for an expensive dinner was more important than paying rent.

It's time for a talk.

Edit: And now she has returned home after having bought a shit ton of wine, says she's going to get 'shit faced' and is apparently pissed off about a comment my boyfriend made earlier today in front of her about her never doing anyone else's dishes when everyone always does hers. We are going to be on VERY bad terms if this girl doesn't fucking grow up and act her age. She's 24 years old. At least two years older than the rest of us in this house and yet I have never seen someone act so fucking immature.

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I like to get along with my co-workers, it makes the job that much more easy and fun. I've been working there for over 9 yrs, at this point there aren't that many cashiers that have more seniority then me, and hardly if ever do I work with any that do in the evenings, which means that as the head cashier on, it's my job to make sure that things get done. So if I see my fellow cashier standing around not doing anything, it is part of my job to go over and let them know some of the things they could be doing (tiding their tills, facing the candies, facing the isles near their tills, front of line service, etc), basic stuff that for the most part everyone goes and does. Now in my 9 yrs there, I've only had problems with 2 people, one I still work with but we came to an understanding and get along now, the second was bat-shit crazy, even her kids avoid her, and thankfully doesn't work there anymore. Now...seems there's another non "team player"...

I don't even think she's been working at the store for a year, and yet she feels it's perfectly alright to just outright say "no" when asked to do something. "No, I don't want to" "No, it's boring" "No, I am doing this"

I've never ever been faced with someone so blatantly disrespectful...It's gotten to the point where if I am working with her, I have to call the manager, to call her to tell her to do what I just asked her to do. Only then will she actually do it...and heavens forbid it's slow and she faces down an isle and it gets busy and we ask her to come open, she won't because the manager told her to face...(Yeah, when it's slow...but you need to hope on till when it's busy, it's such a basic part of the job that we shouldn't have to keep specifying it EVERY time you're off till)

I hate having to go to the store manager with complaints but after today...er...yesterday (insomnia because she pissed me off so much) I'am going to have to. SOMETHING needs to be done about her. At least I know one other cashier who will be coming with me to lodge his own complaints about her not working.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I don't know what's wrong with my computer anymore. I still seem to have the issue of launching games, having it run for about 5 - 10 minutes and then suddenly restarting my computer. I took it into Best Buy and they thought it might be an overheating issue. So they cleaned it and so far it's work just fine for two days, but now I'm thinking if it's going to keep doing this, I might as well get a new video card. It happened against just today and I opened the tower to clean it out. Still the rest of the computer works fine, just ARG. Why does it have to do this NOW? >:V

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}