Rant Thread

NoraNora
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord, Moon Guard, Blood Furnace

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by NoraNora »

My mother and I had this really fun day planned today, since she took the day off. Movie, art supplies shopping for my charms, etc... She gets a call from her workplace.

She'll be there for at least 5 hours, working on her clients ._.

*Drops to-do list I don't actually have* Whelp, there went that!

I'm slowly starting to dislike the friend I have (not the most recent one, she's far too sweet XD.) But, this Friday I'm going to a comicon with my brother, it'll be my first con ever. I asked said friend if I could borrow her John Egbert costume a long time ago and she agreed. I texted her a couple of days ago...and she still hasn't responded. This isn't to confirm when I pick it up, I'm just checking again, unless she goes as him of course. And I know she LOVES being on her phone, the last time we hung out, that stupid thing would buzz and her attention would shift quite a bit to that thing. I'm going to give it until tomorrow but..I sent her like three messages altogether, just askin'. My recent friend offered to let me borrow hers but, I don't know..I just don't want to seem like I'm relying on her more then a friend should..Though she knows the girl, so... Blagghh.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I sent my grandmother a message on facebook about adopting a cat my friend has and I feel sick to my fucking stomach from anxiety lmao
All I want is a kitten. I miss having my calico and Siamese. But my grandma's goddamn allergies keep me from having any pets. But maybe since I said that having the kitten would be a good job-finding motivator for me, she'll say yes...

And the fucking kicker is my mother and two aunts, when they still lived with my grandparents when they were younger, adopted strays all the time and my grandmother didn't object. So why the fuck can't I?

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

Our internet box keeps overheating. I've been dc'd constantly this week and I keep getting told my connection is messing up when I try to visit sites. I really wish mom had listened to me and replaced it with a box that isn't defective...
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

"get a job and get an apartment" fuck you too grandmother

i fucking hate this

NoraNora
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord, Moon Guard, Blood Furnace

Unread post by NoraNora »

Just gonna put this itty bitty rant here..

I have at least..seven chapters on my story done on DA, for my WoW characters parents..I still wonder why I'm doing it if nobody gives feedback (aside from my awesome friend on the first chapter I made <3) let alone more then 5 or 9 views..I know it isn't the best but..that's just blagh..I feel so discouraged ._. I tried to follow that persons journal, I really did but..I just kinda make these for no one..I mean, I enjoy doing it but..it's kinda bumming me out to find that it isn't that good..Maybe I should just stop and stick to silently lookin' at galleries like I used to. ._.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

Don't give up. People will notice your hard work eventually. If you enjoy it, keep doing it.
Believe me, I feel the same way about my own work. I know it sucks. But I just gotta remember to draw for myself. And if other people happen to like it, cool! I love comments and feedback. If they don't? I'll just move on until my next piece. Not great or groundbreaking advice here, but I thought I'd try.

Mine rant (emetophobia warning):

I'm really, really ill today and i'm so tired of getting ill. The last time was on July 31st.
That's only 12 days without being sick. It's (pardon me) bullshit.
I don't know why. I've been to the doctors. They don't know. Say it could be anything.

I'm. so. tired.

Like, really. I love wretching my guts out through my throat!!
It's so fun!! I LOVE IT! PAIN IS FUN!!
I love feeling like i'm dying because I can't eat or drink (I get hypoglycemic) without throwing up more.
My throat burns. My stomach/abdomen muscles ache. I'm pretty much in full pain.
I hate this so much

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Packing figmas to move house...that is all :S

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

So, hair splinters are a thing.

That was a fun thing to pull out...*gags*

Edit: And three hours later I have one in my middle finger... (All things considered, that's a suited finger for it to be in.) Can I put this luck into a lottery ticket please?
Last edited by Krysteena on Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Digestive system related side effects from antidepressants. Thank god I have reading material and a charged 3DS. As well as a good sprinting ability...
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

umbilical hernia hurts soo bad :(

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Tarn can doctors treat your umbilical hernia? :(
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

As its only minor you dont treat it, specially not if your obese. It takes 2-7 days for it to rupture. Then all the.disquisting goo comes out of the navel for max a week. Then your "good" until it comes up again. Mine comes up 2, 3 times a year. Its not deadly, it just hurt so badly :(

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Moonith
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore [A] / Zul'jin [H]

Unread post by Moonith »

I've been dealing with cyber bullying in a mmo I've played for nearly a year now. It's involving an ex-member of the guild I'm in. I decided I finally was fed up with getting nowhere with stopping the cyber bullying and that I was going to quit the game. I have them on ignore but they've found ways around the ignore feature to still harass me. Support will only offer to remove me from my server, my guild, and rename all my characters for free, but will not discipline the bully. As this bully only harasses me because they don't want to see me playing "their" game anymore. It's just a game and not worth that sort of stress, especially with my health problems. So quitting the game is my best option at this point. The guild has a policy that you can't stay a member if you don't actively play the game, which makes sense. They require you to write a goodbye post if you want to leave without any negative strikes against your name in the community. I wanted to just leave on good terms. However, the leaders are basically asking me to not mention the real reason why I'm leaving in my goodbye post and instead to lie and make it out that I'm leaving due to some positive fake reason. I just can't bring myself to lie. I don't know how exactly to deal with the situation now. If I post in honesty of why I'm leaving I will upset the leaders of the guild and risk getting horrible backlash. If I lie like they want me to do I feel like I'm disrespecting my fellow guildmates and most of all disrespecting myself. *sigh* Why does everything have to always be overcomplicated? *lays head on desk* Yay more stress to make me sicker than I already am. At times I wish I could be as cold and heartless as others are to me so that things like this wouldn't bother me like they do. :(

[ FLIGHT RISING: @Moonith ]
See a hatchling you want? If it's available it'll be on the AH or in my Exalt / For Sale tab of my lair!

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Ithilim I would tell the truth. You won't feel right with yourself if you don't, and since you won't be playing, you won't be subject to backlash.
biscitandchina
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: winterhoof

Unread post by biscitandchina »

Hmm don't let ruin your game unfriend them and then try to move further away maybe move your chatbox to combat while you quest and then if you need to raid ignore them.
I under stand the want for them to stop but don't let them ruin your game
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Ithilim wrote:I've been dealing with cyber bullying in a mmo I've played for nearly a year now. It's involving an ex-member of the guild I'm in. I decided I finally was fed up with getting nowhere with stopping the cyber bullying and that I was going to quit the game. I have them on ignore but they've found ways around the ignore feature to still harass me. Support will only offer to remove me from my server, my guild, and rename all my characters for free, but will not discipline the bully. As this bully only harasses me because they don't want to see me playing "their" game anymore. It's just a game and not worth that sort of stress, especially with my health problems. So quitting the game is my best option at this point. The guild has a policy that you can't stay a member if you don't actively play the game, which makes sense. They require you to write a goodbye post if you want to leave without any negative strikes against your name in the community. I wanted to just leave on good terms. However, the leaders are basically asking me to not mention the real reason why I'm leaving in my goodbye post and instead to lie and make it out that I'm leaving due to some positive fake reason. I just can't bring myself to lie. I don't know how exactly to deal with the situation now. If I post in honesty of why I'm leaving I will upset the leaders of the guild and risk getting horrible backlash. If I lie like they want me to do I feel like I'm disrespecting my fellow guildmates and most of all disrespecting myself. *sigh* Why does everything have to always be overcomplicated? *lays head on desk* Yay more stress to make me sicker than I already am. At times I wish I could be as cold and heartless as others are to me so that things like this wouldn't bother me like they do. :(
If you're going to quit anyway tell the truth. Write it in your post. Say it in guild chat when everyone's on. Scream it on trade or world chat. Let everyone know what kind of a person this idiot is. And honestly why should you lie? If the Guild leaders couldn't sort someone out who was causing you grief they deserve to look bad and feel bad. I made the mistake of not doing this a few yrs ago when I left a guild. I decided not to cause drama and just sent PM's to the ppl that mattered - this person ended up killing the guild anyway. I should of made a post that said exactly why I left and how much this person and their toxic behaviour effected me. Be brave. Even if you keep playing elsewhere the "leaders" of this guild have already burnt their bridges by my thinking anyway. Good luck :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Ithilim wrote:I've been dealing with cyber bullying in a mmo I've played for nearly a year now. It's involving an ex-member of the guild I'm in. I decided I finally was fed up with getting nowhere with stopping the cyber bullying and that I was going to quit the game. I have them on ignore but they've found ways around the ignore feature to still harass me. Support will only offer to remove me from my server, my guild, and rename all my characters for free, but will not discipline the bully. As this bully only harasses me because they don't want to see me playing "their" game anymore. It's just a game and not worth that sort of stress, especially with my health problems. So quitting the game is my best option at this point. The guild has a policy that you can't stay a member if you don't actively play the game, which makes sense. They require you to write a goodbye post if you want to leave without any negative strikes against your name in the community. I wanted to just leave on good terms. However, the leaders are basically asking me to not mention the real reason why I'm leaving in my goodbye post and instead to lie and make it out that I'm leaving due to some positive fake reason. I just can't bring myself to lie. I don't know how exactly to deal with the situation now. If I post in honesty of why I'm leaving I will upset the leaders of the guild and risk getting horrible backlash. If I lie like they want me to do I feel like I'm disrespecting my fellow guildmates and most of all disrespecting myself. *sigh* Why does everything have to always be overcomplicated? *lays head on desk* Yay more stress to make me sicker than I already am. At times I wish I could be as cold and heartless as others are to me so that things like this wouldn't bother me like they do. :(
Honestly? If you're not going to play anymore then I wouldn't care what people say about you after you've gone. Tell the truth, let people know who the scumbag is. If the guild leaders can't step up and do their fuckin' job, they don't deserve your lies to keep the peace in the guild.
Last edited by Nick on Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moonith
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore [A] / Zul'jin [H]

Unread post by Moonith »

Thank you everyone that was supportive. You gave me courage to stick up for myself. I made my post and told the truth like I had planned all along. Of course I avoided name-shaming and any overly dramatic overtones because that also goes against my personality, but I got the truth out there and managed to say my goodbyes to those still in the guild that deserved it. Hopefully the leaders don't end up editing my goodbye post after I left the guild. It's always a possibility that they could turn around and do that. But, I did my part and tried my best to leave on good terms. However, that's something I can't control. In either case I can sleep well at night and the weight is now lifted off my shoulders. Time to put it in the past and move on to a new and brighter road of online gaming. :)

[ FLIGHT RISING: @Moonith ]
See a hatchling you want? If it's available it'll be on the AH or in my Exalt / For Sale tab of my lair!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I gotta ask...what the hell kinda game support doesn't punish people for harassment? That game with that alone wouldn't be worth diddly squat.

That guild.....yeah....requiring people to write goodbyes? They sound very VERY entitled and elitist to have a stupid, shitastical rule like that. The fact they're also asking you to LIE about why you're leaving is horrible. No, don't lie to them or yourself. Be as bluntly honest as possible. Tell the guild the truth. You're not a liar. Hell, even tell them the leaders tried to ask you to lie. Let them know the dirt before you leave. People don't like dirty leaders. If you got screenshots, post em up.

Most of all, be true to yourself and do what feels right to you inside. If you can't lie, don't. I wouldn't, personally.....I'd be enraged they'd even ask me that.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Geez, that is one shitty guild. I agree with Junrei.

My own rant: The cruelty of some people is more than enough to reduce me to tears of anger. just.... fuck...