Rant Thread

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Ana »

I know. .Just some of it bothered me..I know there are no such thing as actual witches so

Sorry for the rant ....should not have written it ..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

No need to apologize if it bothered you. I can see why it would. Personally, I'm bothered by goblins and their greed and lack of care for the environment. It really gets to me. :(
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I get what Mirya's saying though. And combined with the other evil faction this expansion with female leadership (blood trolls), it looks like a pattern. That being said, I embraced my witchiness this expansion :)
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I would say that portraying witchcraft isn't anything new? I loved it. Drustvar was my favorite zone and I adore the witchiness/spooky vibe. As for the blood trolls, well to balance them out Talanji is a female and a just/honorable ruler of the Zandalari. Jaina is leading the Kultirans now in doing what is right. I would disagree that it's a pattern. Unfortunately while Blizzard IS known for lacking tact when writing some of their female characters nowadays it's a damned if you do damned if you don't.

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

The Blood Trolls remind me more of a Hyena-like matriarchal society rather than just EVIL LADIES BECAUSE LADY BAD.
I mean, Blood Trolls are badies, but to me it REALLY feels like the inspiration was just Hyenas instead of just trying to make all the females bad.

But I'm weird so I'm prob wrong lol

Siggy under construction!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

(this is a bit of an aside so I want to preface this by saying I don't want to invalidate anyone's feelings on the subjects, I think that's all very personal in the end and there's no right answer!)

For me I found it actually kind of...refreshing? To see more matriarchal cultures portrayed in the game. WoW has a history of being very male dominant, both with enemies and major characters. It used to be that the majority of non-player races were only created with male models. And it's true that outright villainizing women isn't great, but in the case of BfA, it feels more to me like they've been making an effort to have a more diverse cast of characters, heroes and villains alike. And I think that's just kind of a pleasant change of pace to see them taking more prominent roles. Again, just my views though!

On a more serious note, lots of hugs to everyone struggling right now, I really hope everything turns out okay. :hug:
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

People want more prominent female characters and women can be just as evil as men can. It's great to see more strong ladies in WoW. Blood trolls to me are not evil per say they just have a different religious belief and that just happens to be a old god XD
They also have crazy cool South American haircuts?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Update on husband sitatuation:

In 3 weeks he is getting laser surgery to the eyes.. we hope. The waiting time can be longer... His heart still only pumps blood out at 15 %.. normal heart pumps 60%. He has to be on these meds he is taking for 3 months and if that is not helping then he has to take another kind of meds for another 3 months..

The waiting is the worse.. not knowing when or if it will ever get better.

He will most defo loose his job next month as with his eye condition and his heart he is not allowed to drive a cab. We hope he can qualify for benefits but we are not sure.

Sorry about me snapping sometimes...It´s just so frustrating...

Husband likes to play wow so he dont have to think.. so we play A LOT (he can see on one eye) and it tears on my patience as there is sooo much which bother me but I do it for him as he loves that I play with him. Sorry if I take it out on your favorite character/quest line.

And just a fyi I like evilness sometimes too.. Love Sylvanas voice and look... why I dont know but she is just so pretty and dark... heh (not a rant just a "I dont hate everything" thing...)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

This is getting way out of hand and I as an American hope to god in 2020 it changes not sure how believable Yahoo news is but when I logged on to check my email an article was front and center Americans leaving in droves because of Trump and the way he is ruining our once great country. Some are leaving because of the mass shootings we have had others are leaving because the way he is turning us into Nazi Germany if I didn't love my job as much as I do I would be inclined as well to leave.

Remember in 2020 make America great again vote to remove dumbshit from the White House but I am sure if he isn't impeached by then he will not be back.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I feel like the background character to someone else's story, spending most of my time off-screen unable to grow or develop unless the main character demands it. And even then I'm left behind, just another figure forgotten in favour of the more interesting narrative.

Completely average. Nothing special. No criticisms but no support either. Doesn't matter how different I want to be. Just another bogstandard fucking human who hates their life with no way to improve it.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I personally think you are an extrodinary good writer and also talented in drawing. I wish I could do both

My rant :
WHY does adventure of Stormsong Valley include rares which only are up if there's a world quest? ?
Beyond stupid

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

:hug: vare- i'm sorry you're feeling down. I promise it's not true, though. You are a wonderfully talented person- and even then, talent doesn't define worth. You're kind and supportive and passionate and those things are incredibly important.

as for me... pbbtbtbt. stuck in a repeating rut of trying to move forward / get things done and gf's mental health taking swings into dramatic lows that mean we actually move backwards, instead. i don't blame her, i just need to find some form of stability and help so i'm not only going to myself. i can't handle everything alone, no matter how hard i try.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Farming rare mounts is not good for my OCD.

Also is there a gender neutral version of mansplanning? Cus I think there needs to be.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

When it's 8am and you're on your first phone call of the day at work, and the person's pet dies right there while you're on the phone with them (I work at a vet). :(
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Really tired of these fucking bots. I've been killing and reporting them for over 3 months now.
Blizzard has done nothing.
I've gone ahead and made a few youtube videos to expose where they are at, incase any other people want to hunt down and ruin the botter's farming runs.
https://youtu.be/IUJdCE6HdME
Just wish Blizzard would ban them already.

Siggy under construction!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I've found pvp on Dath'remar to be really hard Horde side. I've not won a single match all week and I don't think I'll get the 4 wins for the weekly. It's always like this and it's not fun. I miss the pvp WQ they had in Legion I could easily farm honour.
bauuubass

Unread post by bauuubass »

Dewclaw wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:28 pm When it's 8am and you're on your first phone call of the day at work, and the person's pet dies right there while you're on the phone with them (I work at a vet). :(
Ohh man, that's heartbreaking :cry:
Täräin13
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu

Unread post by Täräin13 »

Just gonna grumble about something I think is unfair.

I have a couple of diagnosis and due to this I can't handle the pressure of stress and big crowds so I had to apply for a closed exam with the various parts of my school after having obtained a medcial note I had to pay for at my doctor's.
I was barely granted this and now I learn that a classmate without any issues whatsoever aside not wanting the rest of the class or strangers hearing their public exam, suddenly get a closed exam without papers or any applications with any parts of the school. I'm pissed, I have a legitimate reason for asking for a closed exam and I could bare be granted one and now this person can get one as it's no issue at all. WTF! To make it even better I recently found out my exam was moved an hour without the school sending me an email about it either, luckily it's moved to an hour later to make the said person have their exam before me... Seriously.... So yeah tell me how can people without any issues suddenly be more entitled than someone who has legitimate reasons?
Oh and this is basically the only thing I have ever asked the school to give me some room or what to call it officially... I'm just so furious as I find it unfair that I had to pay and almost beg on my knees for the same thing my classmate now gets without litterally no issues....
At one point I almost wish I could have given them all the finger tomorrow after my exam but yeah since I'm continuing at the same school for my masters... ^^;

End of ranting!
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Tarain, I understand and sympathize so much. <3 The college/university system is absolutely broken for anyone who has legitimate health issues - it seems like the more actual proof and reasons you have to back up the need for extra help, the more the system wants to resist giving it to you. My gf had to leave her college entirely to start attending an online one because the system is so bad. In the meanwhile I'm able bodied and without mental illness to speak of, so of course I can get away with murder and probably get an A on it anyway. I usually need to go in with her to argue on her behalf to get anything done.

edit: my rant, I HATE BEING IN THIS CITY ok im cool its chill

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Brain. Can I please look at fanart and birthday art between people I know without getting upset, feeling like no one gives a shit about me, wishing I was worthy of getting the same or spiralling through scenarios wherein everyone goddamn hates or straight up ignores me? Getting real sick of imagining my friends being their own group with me just being there and treated like I'm in the way. Thanks.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.