Rant Thread

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Falcon »

:hug: for everyone on the previous page. :( (I HATE it when my posts begin a new page...)

*sigh* Samus has to take antibiotics for two straight weeks. Why did it have to be the jittery cat? It's a right pain in the bum to corral her in order to get her to take the stuff.
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Some antibiotics can be given as a shot. Perhaps ask the vet if that's a possibility?
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

That would be worse, honestly. Neither of us have experience with needles and wouldn't want to risk hurting her. She ingests the medicine fine, it's just catching her that's difficult. :/
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

The vet would give the injection. The one we use where I work lasts 2 weeks.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

My MIL and SIL made me feel like shit yesterday. At a breakfast (that I didn't want to go to) and when my husband left to order food MIL interrogates me about my own mums birthday "take her on holiday" she says I'm like ahh I usually ASK her want SHE wants to do and do that. Then SIL comes back and says "so what are we doing?" umm excuse me? she's MY mum not yours...MIL says "well nothing apparently" I'm like I'll take her out like I usually do "well what about US?" she says. What about fucking you? She's not your mum!! Then they have a conversation about the two of them taking her out cause apparently whatever I do isn't enough? Fuck you both. They made me feel like a shit daughter. And to top it off my husband didn't "get' why I was upset. Like really? I think that hurt the most. I get the impression they could reach across the table and stab me in the face and he wouldn't "get" why I was upset.

Edit: So my husband did end up standing up for me in the end - rang MIL and told her that the relationship between me and mum was none of her business and basically to butt out and apparently she didn't put up much of a fight/counter to that so win? I have restricted them both on social media anyway to be safe - I won't be bullied by them again.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Sophia, our lovely black bunny, passed away in my arms last night after having a sudden seizure, My heart is devastated not to mention my kids.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

@Syleye :hug:
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

So sorry for you hun

Hubbys heart beating so poorly that he is going to need a pacemaker. .he is only 46.. operation is in a month.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

WARNING: Language.

Had an off day yesterday, and then this morning decided to be way worse. I had to leave the house in order to get papers for the deed to the house I'd grown up in notarized, no thanks in part to my parents dropping this on me last minute. Why the hell they'd decided to sign it over to me years ago (without telling me, btw) is beyond me. And it's bad enough that the damn house burned down back in 2008 on my birthday of all goddamned days. So I don't want anything to do with a piece of land that has such bad juju. Sure, they want to sell it and give me whatever they make from it, if it sells, but springing this on me last fucking minute like they did is really stressful.

Was in a hurry and ended up forgetting both my ID and my debit card, so we ended up waiting for nothing. My boyfriend dragged us back home to get them and we had to wait even longer because the fucking DMV is always so goddamned busy. Finally got the damn papers signed and stamped and I tried to get them mailed, keyword TRIED. The goddamned computer system at the post office happened to be fucking up and I didn't have any cash on hand, and my boyfriend didn't want to stop at the bank to get any out because he just wanted to go home. So, the damn papers have to be mailed tomorrow morning.

Worst of all, and I have no idea how the hell this happened, but I somehow fucked my ankle up pretty badly. The front of the bone was hurting a little when I woke up this morning, and it only got worse as the morning dragged on to the point where I was limping pretty badly when we got back home, and the pain was from my big toe all the way up to a third of the way up my leg below my knee. Painkillers are working somewhat, but there's still pain and discomfort and I'd crawled into bed for a couple of hours to rest. If anything, it's probably my damn arthritis acting up in this specific joint. Joy. *curls up and waves a white flag* I give up, life, just end me now...
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Hubby went into the hospital for a pacemaker operation. But they found that his main arteri into the heart was too blocked. So now he needs a bypass.
I know it's a low risk operation but the tought of them stopping my husbands heart is terrifying. .
He will undergo the surgery in about 2 weeks

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Tarn, it sound scary but remember that living with that kind of blockage is so much more dangerous. Best wishes.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Yeah I know :hug:

It´s just super scary to go from having a procedure done in 25 minutes under local anesthetic to having a procedure done in 3-6 hours under full anesthetic and in which they stop my husbands heart.

Denmark has a 98,3 % survival rate of bypass operations so odds are good.. still super scary and a lot more heavy operation than we had anticipated...

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

My father in law in dying. He has been abusive to me since I got here. I don't know how to feel about it.

Yet here I am being there for him because no one will.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tårnfalk wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:08 pm Yeah I know :hug:

It´s just super scary to go from having a procedure done in 25 minutes under local anesthetic to having a procedure done in 3-6 hours under full anesthetic and in which they stop my husbands heart.

Denmark has a 98,3 % survival rate of bypass operations so odds are good.. still super scary and a lot more heavy operation than we had anticipated...
Oh, your poor hubby :( You're right that it's a pretty routine procedure these days, but who wouldn't find it traumatic anyway? :( I hope it goes quickly and smoothly and he's doing ok!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Qinni wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:47 am My father in law in dying. He has been abusive to me since I got here. I don't know how to feel about it.
Ugh :( I guess in the long term at least you did all you could, regardless of whether he deserved it. Maybe he'll appreciate it before he goes. Take care. :hug:
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Wain wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:50 am
Qinni wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:47 am My father in law in dying. He has been abusive to me since I got here. I don't know how to feel about it.
Ugh :( I guess in the long term at least you did all you could, regardless of whether he deserved it. Maybe he'll appreciate it before he goes. Take care. :hug:
thank wain, it helps. Its so hard taking care of someone who is slowing losing body weight, his mind and lashing out.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Just got turn down by the munnicipal system. .they wont pay for our move to a more handicap friendly appartement :/

One option remains and that is a grant but we are almost certain to get declained there too as the maximum limit of earning is 255,000 Danish kroners a year before taxes. Ours is at 257,860...

I hate bureaucracy

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Another singles day for me >.<
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yup, same here :P
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

My husband has at this point lost what little trust I had left in him. (For those who may be new, in a nutshell, he got a traumatic brain injury, decided to drink to cope-without my knowledge-and then decided to drink and drive and got arrested/lost his job/got hooked on prescription meds etc. That's the extremely short version, there's lots of other stuff, but I don't want to dump a whole lot here right now). He had been doing so well, and I thought that we were beginning to move on and heal. I found this out part yesterday, happy V day right? I have a checking account that is in my name only. He's cleaned it out, without my knowledge or permission. I should have checked it more regularly, but he handles the finances, and he supposedly did not have access to this bank account since his name is not on it. It was an account created specifically for the purpose of gathering some savings for emergencies, and he knew it was hands off for him. It's had to be used when the car breaks down, etc. I put my Christmas bonuses in it, stuff like that, and I had what I called guardianship of that account. I don't even know how to feel right now.