Rant Thread

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Falcon »

@Tarn: :hug:

My own minor gripe: I finally decided to give Animal Crossing a chance when New Horizons came out and I've been enjoying the game so far. However, I swear, if I get one more of the goddamned hamster villagers in my campsite, I'm going to snap my Switch in half.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

That my MIL and SIL somehow think isolation laws don't apply to them! Over easter MIL rang my husband and said she was having a family breakfast - now ill also add she's in renal failure and extremely vulnerable to covid-19 FIL is also 75 so he joins her in that category - I said to husband well she can't, you're only allowed 2 visitors and family gatherings are banned. I suggest just him and his sister goes - not me, her partner or toddler. He thinks this is a good idea and explains this to MIL. He rocks up easter morning and they're all there!! He lets loose and they are ready with google apparently to tell him its ok, its fucking not! Do you not watch the news?? He bluntly tells them well you're the ones who are dead for breaking the rules (which didn't go down too well so im glad for that!) but omg. I was so pissed. I feel like I was punished for not going cause I did the right thing! MIL is still seeing my niece too which is also a bad thing. I know it isn't bad in Australia but there's a reason for that - cause people are trying to do the right thing. Fuck they piss me off.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

This may possibly be my last "permanently" posted rant here. By which I mean I may post something in order to express myself then delete/edit it out later.

Between being unable to find the right way to describe how I'm feeling and so poorly wording my rants, people taking rants personally or offensively (poor wording or not) when it is supposed to be far from offensive and the possibility that someone is sharing my rants on more sensitive topics (which I admit I probably shouldn't have posted here anyway) with people related directly or indirectly to the topic, I don't feel comfortable sharing my feelings here any more.

I am SICK and TIRED of people taking things the wrong way because I said something badly or because they heard from someone else something that may or may not even concern them. People say it's better to let it out than suffer in silence. I think I suffer less when I don't let it out.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Varethyn wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:21 pm I am SICK and TIRED of people taking things the wrong way because I said something badly or because they heard from someone else something that may or may not even concern them. People say it's better to let it out than suffer in silence. I think I suffer less when I don't let it out.
Dude thats terrible! The whole point of this thread is that you can rant about anything - if someone is sharing what you've said here then I'm really sorry :( Please don't bottle stuff up we all have DM's too if you need :)

Shadowlands

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Varethyn wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:21 pm and the possibility that someone is sharing my rants on more sensitive topics (which I admit I probably shouldn't have posted here anyway) with people related directly or indirectly to the topic,
I certainly hope this isn't the case, but *nobody* should be sharing these posts outside the community.

Of course, this is a public board and can be searched and read by anyone, so there's absolutely nothing I can do to stop the wider community, aside from restricting the readability of this thread to members only. That clearly won't stop members from sharing it, but may cut down on the visibility. Perhaps that's a good idea for this thread?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Even members-only content is effectively public content (anyone can make an account), so I don't see that as a solution. People just need to keep in mind how public their posts are, here or on any other public forum.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Very true! It would just decrease the visibility, and I could probably prevent search bots from recording it so it wouldn’t show up in web searches. It’s certainly not a solution, just an idea.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Varethyn :hug: if you ever need someone to talk to give me a pm :hug:

My rant could we please have a week without any emergencies?

Hubby is healing slowly and is not allowed to do walk. And offcourse he had to wake up at 4am with accute teeth pain.. so now her has to walk on his foot to go to the dentist.. we are both worried what that will mean in his healing progress with his foot.. but he is in so much pain that he has not choice.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

My rant today petty af people. Basically someone laugh reacting to news that a big competition in our hobby community is cancelled cause its some sort of personal victory cause theirs got cancelled too (after me disagreeing with some details cause it basically had f all to do with the community and all about dolla dolla bill yo). Like really guys? You just look weird af anyway.

Shadowlands

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Tårnfalk wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:59 am
My rant could we please have a week without any emergencies?

And off course now we got the flu... or rather we hope its the flu m we started getting sick after hubby got home from the dentist yesterday.. we might have to get tested now.. i really hope we dont have corona..

Too much sickness...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Geeze tarn im so sorry. Let us know and try to rest. There might be breathing exercises online or something to try just in case you need it. You could ask your dr and see what they say. I hope you feel better.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

What grinds my gears - when people feel the need to bash others UI. Not mine (I'm a terrible person who uses the standard UI cause I was over updates messing with my bars 4 expansions ago lol) but someone posted a funny screenshot and the first comment was "lol why do you have x on your bars? I haven't seen skill Y since I started playing!" like who even cares? It doesn't effect your gameplay or anyone else's so...why even comment? I don't get it.

Shadowlands

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Wow I've been ranting a lot but tis the season I guess - this one is probably going to trigger every artist here like it did me. Mr Petit Bourgeoisie I'll call him puts up an art contest to use his logo to design a t-shirt. The prize is a free shirt with YOUR art on it (oh wowies) and $50 store credit - in return you hand over your rights for him to SELL your artwork on shirts with all proceeds basically going to him. You even tick a box that says he can use it for marketing, promotion and "charity" purposes. Like are you serious? You basically want free art to sell?? What the fuck. Does this guy just not value the talent of artists at all?? I find the whole thing so repugnant :x

Shadowlands

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Castile wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:19 pm Wow I've been ranting a lot but tis the season I guess - this one is probably going to trigger every artist here like it did me. Mr Petit Bourgeoisie I'll call him puts up an art contest to use his logo to design a t-shirt. The prize is a free shirt with YOUR art on it (oh wowies) and $50 store credit - in return you hand over your rights for him to SELL your artwork on shirts with all proceeds basically going to him. You even tick a box that says he can use it for marketing, promotion and "charity" purposes. Like are you serious? You basically want free art to sell?? What the fuck. Does this guy just not value the talent of artists at all?? I find the whole thing so repugnant :x
It's really repulsive. And typical of people who inject themselves into the middle of the market and feel they should make most of the money while doing very little and producing nothing themselves. They'd add more value to the world as fertilizer. :P
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Someone stole my art.
They even admitted to it when I confronted them.
They said they dont do that any more and that they are sorry...
But it was still done, and now its floating around for anyone to obtain, as well as stuff from other creators that was stolen as well.

Siggy under construction!

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Bowno wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:19 am Someone stole my art.
But it was still done, and now its floating around for anyone to obtain, as well as stuff from other creators that was stolen as well.
That sucks dude :( So many ppl do it and don't realise how valuable it is (or maybe they do and don't care). Either way they suck!

Shadowlands

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bowno wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:19 am Someone stole my art.
Ouch, what bastards :( If they're actually sorry they'd pay for what they took.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Yeah.
It was years ago apparently and I only recently found out.
They stole a bunch of other stuff from creators too. Endless stuff.
I recorded the entire conversation I had with them.
They said they thought it was 'edgy and cool' to do back then, and if creators wouldnt respond to them or if they just didn't want to bother contacting the creator, they'd just steal a copy of their own through a program that isn't supposed to even exist :l

Siggy under construction!

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Castile wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:19 pm Wow I've been ranting a lot but tis the season I guess - this one is probably going to trigger every artist here like it did me. Mr Petit Bourgeoisie I'll call him puts up an art contest to use his logo to design a t-shirt. The prize is a free shirt with YOUR art on it (oh wowies) and $50 store credit - in return you hand over your rights for him to SELL your artwork on shirts with all proceeds basically going to him. You even tick a box that says he can use it for marketing, promotion and "charity" purposes. Like are you serious? You basically want free art to sell?? What the fuck. Does this guy just not value the talent of artists at all?? I find the whole thing so repugnant :x
I've seen SO MANY companies do this and it's absurd every single time. Huge art contests where the prize is your logo on a shirt- but you don't get paid, you don't get a cut, and anyone who doesn't win gets jack squat. It's just a way for companies to avoid paying an artist and instead get a million free designs and it sucks. 8(

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

LupisDarkmoon wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:33 pm
I've seen SO MANY companies do this and it's absurd every single time. Huge art contests where the prize is your logo on a shirt- but you don't get paid, you don't get a cut, and anyone who doesn't win gets jack squat. It's just a way for companies to avoid paying an artist and instead get a million free designs and it sucks. 8(
Yep! This person uses the guise "its all for the community" which is BS. A group I'm apart of said I should enter with the slogan "pay for your art and artists" hehe not a bad idea!

Shadowlands