Rant Thread

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Bowno »

Just took my cat to the emergency vet. They're having to keep him for 24 hours...
IDK how I'm going to pay for this either...

Siggy under construction!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bowno wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:01 am Just took my cat to the emergency vet. They're having to keep him for 24 hours...
IDK how I'm going to pay for this either...
Oh no 😢 I hope he’s ok! And I’m sorry, vets can be so expensive when you have to leave your pet overnight 😣
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Sorry to hear about your cat... no pet insurance which helps? We got an insurance on our cat which covers everything but kemoterapi

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

We dont have any. No.
We managed to get approved for a vet credit card at least.
We have to pay off $2,500 USD for the visit. Thankfully, he managed to pee on his own when they let him home early, so we avoided another $3,000 fee that coulda came up if he wasnt able to pee.
Writing is on the wall and is very clear though.
Low red bloodcell count, enlarged heart, signs of him having strokes... He's on borrowed time now.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ohh no. Sorry to hear it :hug: but maybe it's best if he gets peace so he dont suffer. It's hard as your pet become family... :hug:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The poor guy :( How old is he?
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

He's 20 something right now. He's still very active and doesn't act his age at all.
Medicine seems to be helping, but we have to be very aware of his enlarged heart, as while he's not in heart failure at this point.. it will come soon.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

My husband fell due to his diabetes has totally ruined his nervus personers ( it's tge latin word dont know the english one) and he got a tiny tiny cut on his toe. Due to his diabetes and his blodthinner meditation he is a poot clotter.. we tried to treat it ourselfes but it bled so much that he had to go get a bandage on... it looked soo bad and it's bled through 4 bandages.. on the 5th now ..
He suffers soo badly from both his heart condition and his diabetes

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Healing thoughts headed his way Tarn.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Thank you Dew :hug:
It took way too many hours but it stopped around 11 pm
I dont dare to think if he ever get a serious wound .. affraid he would bleed out.
His toe is totally purple and he has atleast one blotclot in it.
No idea how long it will take to heal.
Im super worried about his health
His heart pumps with 40 % effenciency because he has some dead heart tissue after his stroke. Of that 40 % , 20 % don't get enough oxygen and blood. He already got a 4 double bypass and the doctors can't help him surgically anymore, nor is medecine proven to help. He has no air in him to do anything..it's hard to watch.
His diabetes has caused him to loose all feelings in his feets you can jab a needle right through and he can't feel it.
He gets blodclots in his eyes and are currently undergoing several laser treatments to stop it but theres a limit to how many you can do and he might loose his sight
His fingerjoints swell up and causes him immensly pain and due to his heart condition he can't tolerate heavy painkillers
And that's just the tip of the iceberg...

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh god, your poor husband, Maria :( He's been through so much! :(

I'm glad the bleeding stopped, but blood thinners can be so bad for that. At least it was only a small cut.

I hope things pick up for him. *hugs*
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bowno wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:47 am He's 20 something right now. He's still very active and doesn't act his age at all.
Medicine seems to be helping, but we have to be very aware of his enlarged heart, as while he's not in heart failure at this point.. it will come soon.
What a lovely old guy ❤️ He's obviously tough, and I'm glad the medication is helping. Hopefully you have plenty more time with him yet.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Stupid health problems.. the munnicipal system is testing to see if my husband can handle a job and it's totally ruining him. He is only out 4 hours a week but it's still way way too much. He has 4 active bleedings in his right eye. Nothing to do but wait til they pass. It can take 3 weeks. His already poor sight is reduced even more now.
He had to call in sick twice with the munnicipal system test and they not happy about it..
So Stupid..

And totally different rant.. No new style sets??

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh Maria, that’s awful. He’s been through so much. 😣

If people are well enough, it can often be good for their mental health to get out and do something, but not at the expense of their body ☹️
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Mage tower rant...
I think it’s completly silly to punish ppl just because their life circomstances did not allow them to play.
I was in a hospital - which I am quite often - so I missed out of mage tower.
Due to health reasons or other RL stuff I often need to take wow breaks. E.g. Started SL 8 months “too late”
Imo no mount/gear/look/achivements should ever be restricted. Let ppl grind them if they want
Just because you had the right circomstances too play doesnt mean you’r a better player
Doubting blizzard will change it though...

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Still more health problems.. hubbys heart keep making his life harder. He's been to the hospital twice in one month and prob needs to go again next week..
Suxs they cant help him more but his condition will only slowly deteriorate ..
His diabetes acting up too. He fell again due to being dizzy from not getting enough air to his heart and yet again made another wound on his leg. One of his feet are almost purple..
I worry so much
And on top of that my own condition is not too good either. My artritis has become really bad and my weight wont go down despite all efforts being made..

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

((hugs))
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Hugs Maria. I hope you can get some better help for him <3
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Sadly he will never get better. They done all they can for him. It's hard but atleast his better than he was before the bypass. Some days are just extra rough because they are a reminder that he is very sick

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

2:25 am hubby woke up with heavy neusea and difficult to breathe. We called the emergency hotline
3:00 am ambulance arrived and took hubby to hospital. His breathing was very sporadic but they said they were not overly concerned which is good
3:56 am ( current time writing this)trying to sleep but hard. Hubby should have been at the munnicipal system at 1 pm today but offcourse he can't be there when his admitted.

Sorry for typos butikker tired, frustrated and a little worried. But I know he is in the rigtig place where they can help him