Rant Thread

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Let me just add to the fun. Hot water heat burst today. The basement is flooded. Nothing like finding this out when it's 20F out and you go to shower and there is no hot water. That was COLD.
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Pic of the second pipe rupture. This is just 1 pic, there is more than 1 ceiling that looks like this, and the mess, the plaster, the water, horrific. My poor kitties. :(

No hot water was bad...no water at all.....wayyyyyy worse.

https://ibb.co/5TwWGjF

Another pic. (yes that was a computer below it)
https://ibb.co/pvvDkWF
Lorelei
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Silvermoon

Unread post by Lorelei »

Ohh no hun.. so sorry

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Lorelei wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:28 am Ohh no hun.. so sorry
Sigh that was me.. Lorelei forgot to log out on my computer :hug:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Car wouldn't start today. AAA guy is two hours late at this point. Then I found a leak in the house. :(
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Fuck this stupid ass new Auction House.
Fucking garbage system if I ever did see one.
Bought myself some of the max ilevel legendary shoulders because I saw they reached a decent amount. 115,500 G. Didnt know that you need like 5k soul ash for it.
I go to resell the shoulders.
ImageThe new stupid Auction House auto prices them at the LOWEST iLVL price because the damn thing cant tell the difference.
Of course it got bought in 2 seconds, so now I'm out of like 100k.
Now I'm down to 16k gold total.
Fucking stupid garbage system. Not sure why they even have that 'feature' if it doesnt even work like it should.
So now I'm SoL.

EDIT: and before anyone says" LOL 100K is easy to make"
I work and I take care of my family thats pretty much dying. It takes me a LONG time to make that much :l

Siggy under construction!

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

As a proud American what has happened today at our US Capital makes me sick the Nazi trump instigated and enabled a fucking riot on US soil and didn't do a damn thing to stop it in fact he praised them because they are Nazi followers this shit has not happened in our country for years and we always had a peaceful transition of power between real presidents until now. This is exactly what Adolf Hitler did when he wanted to remain in power everything trump has done in the past four fucking years was out of Hitler's playbook. Why do you think the countries of the free world hated him yet those with dictators were buddies because he is a fucking dictator. If you look at images and videos NOT ONCE will you see anyone from the Biden side doing anything hell none of us were even there we had no reason Biden won in a fair election in fact this was one of if not THE MOST SECURE ELECTION IN AMERICAN HISTORY. There is talk of invoking the 25th Amendment even impeaching the mother fucker and now we own all three: we kept the House got America's house back from the Nazi and today we reclaimed the Senate, they need to do whatever it fucking takes to remove the Nazi and do it NOW true he is gone on the 20th but if they allow him to remain more shit like this can and will happen.

I fucking bet those who voted and helped Russia in 2016 are rethinking what were they doing well you were helping destroy America which for four fucking years as part of The Resistance I was fighting to take my damn country back and it is now over WE WON trump lost and is always a fucking LOSER.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

It makes me ashamed of the American people that the election was as close as it was. How could people vote for him again after seeing him in action for four years? Of course I was ashamed four years ago when it was already obvious that he was a misogynist and racist. I don't know how to fix stupid.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Doing 18 layers of Torghast for a quest is fucking bullshit. I got to lvl 12 and got wtf pwned by the boss so all I got for 2hrs of play was ONE clue and I have Two more to go!!! I know I can do lvl 6 over and over and will honestly have to but the RNG of these bosses is just bad design. I either get one I can cheese it through or one that's impossible for my healing self to kill. I don't have shit gear either - I'm almost ilvl 200 so I dread how hard this is on a lesser geared toon....for a quest and 50 soul ash.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Castile wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:54 pm Doing 18 layers of Torghast for a quest is fucking bullshit. I got to lvl 12 and got wtf pwned by the boss so all I got for 2hrs of play was ONE clue and I have Two more to go!!! I know I can do lvl 6 over and over and will honestly have to but the RNG of these bosses is just bad design. I either get one I can cheese it through or one that's impossible for my healing self to kill. I don't have shit gear either - I'm almost ilvl 200 so I dread how hard this is on a lesser geared toon....for a quest and 50 soul ash.
I got to floor 16 (layer 1) without a lot of difficulty on my shaman (solo), with an ilevel somewhere in the 170s. It surprised me, because of all the horrifying reports I'd read. But then the mobs suddenly changed to packs that were a type that were practically unkillable for me and my luck collapsed and I died so many times I was autobooted. It was like I'd hit a brick wall. I think how far you get randomly depends on which mobs you're faced with at which floor level. The current philosophy seems to be to "make bland and repetitive things more challenging and players will appreciate them and like them more". Instead I find they become, unsurprsingly, worse. Nobody wants to pay a subscription to to spend hours in a game where you make no progress at all, and you can't even be satisified that you learned to play it better because the reason you failed/got no reward wasn't down to skill but just randomness. I'm wondering if the end-game content designers really understand that this is no longer 2005 and the game is no longer dominated by 18-year-olds with no better outlets and no responsibility. You're never going to duplicate that level of committed (and unhealthy and desperate) level of play again simply by reproducing those game conditions.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:52 pm I got to floor 16 (layer 1) without a lot of difficulty on my shaman (solo), with an ilevel somewhere in the 170s. It surprised me, because of all the horrifying reports I'd read. But then the mobs suddenly changed to packs that were a type that were practically unkillable for me and my luck collapsed and I died so many times I was autobooted. It was like I'd hit a brick wall. I think how far you get randomly depends on which mobs you're faced with at which floor level.
I think this is why I hate torghast so much - its just dumb luck wether you can finish a floor or not. I breezed through until that boss - my husband on his fury warrior only got to layer 6 and then got a boss he couldn't defeat - where as I had an easy one at 6 and a super hard f off one on 12. Other ppl in guild breezed through until 18 only to be owned by the boss there...and then its all depended on what powers you get too. If I get the one where my elemental gest permanent earthquake its a easy victory for whatever boss but if I get shit traits well bye bye that hour or so of my life.

Its really not a fun thing for me - there's little reward besides soul ash which I NEED so now this unfun thing I have to do is just a chore on my list every reset that takes a fair chunk of my play time. Its just shit for something that was meant to be a major thing for this expansion - I feel the same way about the Maw if I'm honest. Like I get its meant to be hell so why do I want to spend time there? I just don't. I rescue my souls and gtfo. And its a shame cause I feel this zone could be so much more.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I agree I hate the maw so much I get the souls and just leave. It's super strange to me too with torghast. I thought it would be the island adventure replacement where it's like okay solo players who don't like group content can have a lot of fun here and groups can goof off. Then they made it the only way to get legendries which all raiders and mythic people need. It makes no sense why they did it all at this point other than to block story progression. The story that is so bad at this point in WoW I am not looking forward to finding out what happens for the first time ever I honestly don't want to know the rest.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Monday I need to go to an interview which the municipal system has set up. It´s one of their doctors, not my own. In a course of a 2 hours exam and questionnaire that person gets to diagnose me and set my future.. It´s such a stupid thing.. for a person who dont know me, dont now what im struggling with can decide what I can and cannot do, how much pain im in, if i can loose weight - my own doctors says i cant but that doenst matter because what this person say will be the law for me and what the municipal system will have in their system.. its a person THEY pay.. how can they not just say what they want...

I feel so sad and frustrated. Still i know Denmark is one of the better places in the world to be in when your sick but Im just feed up with systems and ppl trying to categorize me.. sigh

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maria wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:29 am Monday I need to go to an interview which the municipal system has set up. It´s one of their doctors, not my own. In a course of a 2 hours exam and questionnaire that person gets to diagnose me and set my future.. It´s such a stupid thing.. for a person who dont know me, dont now what im struggling with can decide what I can and cannot do, how much pain im in, if i can loose weight - my own doctors says i cant but that doenst matter because what this person say will be the law for me and what the municipal system will have in their system.. its a person THEY pay.. how can they not just say what they want...

I feel so sad and frustrated. Still i know Denmark is one of the better places in the world to be in when your sick but Im just feed up with systems and ppl trying to categorize me.. sigh
That's terrible. No general doctor who doesn't know your medical history should be responsible for decisions like that. They're just GPs, not oracles. :x
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Wain wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:41 am
Maria wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:29 am Monday I need to go to an interview which the municipal system has set up. It´s one of their doctors, not my own. In a course of a 2 hours exam and questionnaire that person gets to diagnose me and set my future.. It´s such a stupid thing.. for a person who dont know me, dont now what im struggling with can decide what I can and cannot do, how much pain im in, if i can loose weight - my own doctors says i cant but that doenst matter because what this person say will be the law for me and what the municipal system will have in their system.. its a person THEY pay.. how can they not just say what they want...

That's terrible. No general doctor who doesn't know your medical history should be responsible for decisions like that. They're just GPs, not oracles. :x
I completly ageee but I have to go or i dont get my social benefits.. and thats paying our rent so I have to. Really dreading it...

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maria wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:52 am I completly ageee but I have to go or i dont get my social benefits.. and thats paying our rent so I have to. Really dreading it...
Can you get any records, or letters of advice, from your regular doctor to take along?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Yup. They have those but are allowed to disregard them. And since it's the munnicipal system who is paying them they prob will. Im not even garantuied it's a educated doctor. It can be a consultant of the munnicipal system with no medical background other than a 2 weeks seminary

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That’s terrible :( I hope your assessment goes well!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Me too but I fear the worst..
I let you know how it went.

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I think you will be fine Tarn. <3 Best of luck.