Rant Thread

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Syleye »

Thanks for the well wishes. We're still trying to figure things out, medical seems to be a waiting game.

Bowno so sorry for your loss

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh Bowno, I'm sorry. That's so sad :(
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I'm so sorry for the loss, Bowno :(
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

My father in law just got admitted to the ER... still waiting for the neurologist to tell us whats wrong. He was on his way home from work when suddenly he got very dizzy..
He is 70 years old now so worried..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Try not to worry until you hear from the doctors. It could be something simple to fix. Get well wishes to him.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Update
They think my father in law got Benign positionel vertigo (BPPV( but the procedure to help him didnt help at all so im doubting

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Did they do brain scans/testing to rule out the scarier stuff? Vertigo issues can be common in older folks, but just checking to make sure they checked other stuff too?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Not sure... My dad in law is not the most informative person in the world... he is home from the hospital now but is still dizzy... the chair treatment for the BPPV is not helping..

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I think BPPV may be similar to Meniere's syndrome (with which I was diagnosed), in that often they don't really know what caused it, and often the major symptoms will resolve on their own after a few months (which luckily happened to me, although I still remain very susceptible to motion sickness and my balance is still somewhat affected). Vertigo is no fun, nor is fear of falling because of it.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Dad in law is better. He was at work yesterday.
I on the other hand have not been feeling good..over 2 months with fever, shivers, running nose and coughing. Ive been tested and it's not corona. Ive tried every remedy known to man and still Im sick..
I am totally exhausted.. Docs cant figure out why

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maria wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:14 am Dad in law is better. He was at work yesterday.
I on the other hand have not been feeling good..over 2 months with fever, shivers, running nose and coughing. Ive been tested and it's not corona. Ive tried every remedy known to man and still Im sick..
I am totally exhausted.. Docs cant figure out why
One thing to consider: how long have you been in your new apartment now, and is there anything in it or nearby (including flowering trees or bushes) that you could be allergic to? And is it possible that antihistamines help with your condition? This may not be the case at all, but sometimes allergies can mimic cold symptoms, especially when they're lasting a long time like yours are.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

We been here a yearalmost. I never had allergies and it's "normal" for me to get a long flu/cold due to my weak immune system. My doc have been testing me for allergies and the only thing I got a mild reaction from was Tuna and penecilin.

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Have they done blood work that might lead to answers? I don't know about people, but at the vets I work at, sometimes we culture mucus etc to see exactly what we're dealing with so we can give a medication specifically designed to fight the problem.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Blood cultures only shown I got the flu nothing else. I dont remeber the strain. I been taking the medicin they wanted me too but no effect

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

If it is something viral, then any medicine they give is sort of limited. It can inhibit the virus from multiplying, but your boy still has to take it out. If you have a weaker immune system, you can try focusing on giving your body foods that will help strengthen it. It's also possible that you had the flu, and it's gone into a secondary bacterial infection of some sort. Or they could have missed something. Hope you feel better soon. :(
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Went to talk to the neural surgeon today, they are going to try injections in my back and if they help they will go in and burn the nerves. They also reviewed an MRI of my neck from a year ago and ordered new ones because they are worried the neck in unstable. There was some talk of fusing it.

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Dad is getting worse. They're likely going to have to take his fingers now. He already has no legs.
He also got another kitten from the same litter. Brought it to the vet. Vet said it is doomed and will die soon.
My brother is also in shitty condition now and we're not sure how long he has left.
I'm so tired of shit going from bad to worse.
It's rarely good news.
Everyone is dying.
Someone came to my fiance's work saying they had the virus and we're in quarantine.. but wanted to come in and get some booze, so now I CANT go see my folks even if I wanted to. I was supposed to go over yesterday, the day before I got all this news.
My fiance wonders why my mind gets so dark. Why some times I have huge mental break downs. Why some times I can't let myself go into the kitchen because every time I see a knife during these dark moments I get really bad thoughts.
This is why.
This is the reason.

Siggy under construction!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I'm so sorry, Bowno. It's so hard when you want to help your loved ones, and can't. My sister died this summer, and although her condition was terminal, I know she would have received better care and lived longer if the hospitals hadn't been overtaxed. The next couple of months are going to be a shitshow, but it will start getting better after that.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

GormanGhaste :hug: I'm so sorry to hear that.

Siggy under construction!

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

So I blew through my entire small savings when my old car died a few weeks ago. Thank goodness we had it because I need a car to get to work. Unfortunately, a major pipe (to the upstairs toilet) decided to burst a few days before the holiday and then when my husband went out to get a part to fix it (this was a VERY expensive repair, and that's not counting the sheet rock to replace the ceiling that got ruined by water/and the need t access the pipe), his tire blew and he hit a guardrail. Ugh. :(