Rant Thread

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Ana »

He havent had any episodes since I last wrote.. they so random so it's hardcto time and film. Plus our mobile phones doesnt have the best camera.
We try just to love him. .. and hope it doesnt suddenly become worse. We dont have the money to keep taking him to the vet all the time..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Grab a video if the opportunity presents itself. It may help find a solution.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

To all you wise guys setting off fireworks before Monday because you absolutely can't freaking wait for July 4th, my cats and I have this to say:

Thankfully I got the blanket forts set up in time for my more skittish cats. *sighs*
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I hate this holiday for that reason. Neither the cats nor I get any sleep. :(
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Dang, that sucks. I'm sorry it affects you and your kitties that badly. :(
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

There´s been a shooting in Denmark. 3 ppl are killed and 4 are seriouslly injured. As far as I know no one i know is hurt. It´s one of the biggest shootings in Denmark. Happened at a mall. Not much info about why yet

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I read that the shooter was mentally ill. My thoughts go out to those affected. :(

This world we live in. These are just today's headlines from a city located 50 miles from me. Every day the headlines have something new and similar.

Richmond police: 6 hurt in shooting near club on West Broad Street
Loved ones of Henrico County double homicide victims speak out
Man killed in hit-and-run, Richmond Police looking for suspect
Shooting at Chesterfield party kills one teen, another person being treated at hospital
Man shot, found dead in City Dogs in Richmond
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

In denmark shootings are rare. We dont have the same access to guns.. I think. I never dealt with the illegal side to know if its easy or not.
It's sad that gun related deaths are so common in your area .. Fields is 5 kilometers away from os, that's 3.1068559612 miles if the online calculator is correct

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I am absolutely devastated and heartbroken.

Here in the UK there is a charity known as the Wildlife Aid Foundation, who I found and followed through a TV series called Wildlife SOS. All his life the founder, Simon Cowell (no, not THAT Simon Cowell), had pledged to save as many sick, injured an orphaned animals as he could. He is a wonderful man with a massive heart and great sense of humour. The foundation was even built into his own home. It has been working wonders for many, many years, seeing thousands of admissions a year, and have since bought a plot of land to build a bigger, better facility to help the ever-increasing number of accidents.

Today I came home from work to find an email stating that Simon was diagnosed with lung cancer... and that it is terminal. It hurts so, so much knowing there's no helping him to keep going, having followed him and his efforts for so long. I only hope he has a long time yet but this news really shook me and I worry for the future of his legacy.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Milo turned 4 today... wendsday im giving him away :( :cry:
Im still a mess emotionally :cry:

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

My bunny Michael is at the urgent care vet today. We woke this morning and the fur on his face is totally sluffing off . I am so worried, I know he must be in pain :(

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Poor Bunny!!! I hope he be ok. :hug:

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Get well wishes for your bunny.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Hugs for Maria and Syleye. :hug:

------

Last year, I learned that my adoptive mother has dementia. I don't like her or my adoptive father very much, given how badly they treated me while I was growing up under their roof, but to know that her condition is growing worse makes me sad. My adoptive father just called me and told me I needed to tell my adoptive mother that I wasn't living with them anymore, and that I haven't been there since 2003 and that I needed to tell her this because she didn't believe him when he told her.

I'm not the best at explaining things, so it was hard, and I had to keep repeating myself until her memory would finally click. She knows what's wrong and accepts that her mind is 'pretty much gone' as she put it, and what information I gleaned from talking to her is that she had a dream about me last night, and it scared her when I wasn't there. She never gave the phone back to my adoptive father, but I could hear him correcting her in the background. There was a period of a few minutes where she kept repeating the same thing, as if she were caught in a loop. It was difficult to listen to and it makes me wish I could've had a better relationship with her.

It makes me wonder what the hell I did wrong to make both her and my adoptive father be so controlling and manipulative in order to keep me in line so I wouldn't end up like my biological mother (who I despise). They aren't the best people, but I wish that she didn't have to go through this.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I was the primary caregiver for my Mom who had Alzheimer's. As it progressed, she got to the point where I just had to take her where she was, because correcting her just made her more confused and sad. I recommend the book 36 Hour Day for your adoptive father. Lots of practical information about dealing with memory loss.

And it goes without saying that you aren't responsible for your parents' behavior.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Alzheimer's is a horrible disease. My mother in law had it. It's very straining on the sick persons spouse/caretaker. Hope she get the help she needs.

---
Different rant:
My cat is afaid and scared. He dont know why he is in a new place with strange smells and ppl he doesnt know.
I feel like the worst person in the world because I did this to him.
I miss him soo much.

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Give your kitty time to adjust. I think I mentioned the adjustment period in a previous post. In his new home, he will be safe and loved. It's awful when they are upset, but he needs time to realize everything is Ok.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I know... I just wish he didnt have to go through this...
Thank you Dew :hug:

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Syleye - That's awful! I hope your bunny will be okay :hug:

Falcon - I already said a better version of this on Discord but I am sorry for what you're going through with your adoptive parents. Know that you're not the one at fault :hug:

Maria - Losing a pet is never easy, no matter the reason. It's normal to grieve so take plenty of time for yourself and let those feelings go. It will take time, but it will get better and you know he's safe in his new home :hug:

---

Have you ever been so terrified to talk to someone because they're upset over a misunderstanding? I fucking hate how there's no emotion in text and that everyone will read a single sentence differently with different reactions to it. I am so fucking sick of people lashing out at me because they thought I was arguing when I'm just trying to make a single point. How many more people are going to turn their backs on me because they chose to interpret what I said as an attack instead of reason?

Maybe I should just shut up and never speak again.

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Double post cos today just keeps getting better and goddamned better.

Yesterday someone came around offering to fix a tile that had fallen from our roof some time ago due to high winds. We've been needing to get our roof looked at for some time so it was agreed. They came around today to fix it only to tell us the whole thing was old and rotten so the decision was made to redo the entire thing. This involved a small group of builders, all young men, to come over to set up scaffolding and get everything taken off. It was loud, they enjoy swearing at each other, and it's going to continue tomorrow cos of the amount of work need but it was to be expected.

What was NOT expected or appreciated is the possibility of how they treated our neighbours. I say possibility cos I wasn't there to hear it and we don't know yet if it was on purpose or not. Our neighbours are of Asian decent and it's very physically apparent. Lovely, sweet people who I've enjoyed having as neighbours even if I prefer to stay indoors and quiet so actually don't know them too well. Turns out a couple of the builders starting singing Kung-Fu Fighting while the mother was out in the garden. She'd gotten so upset about it that she'd called her husband home from work to talk to my dad directly about it.

I had to close the door on a friendship because of a misunderstanding, I'm terrified someone else is about to slam the door on me because of a misunderstanding and now, while not involving me directly, our neighbours are upset with us because of a fucking (HOPEFULLY) misunderstanding. I really want to enter a personal pocket dimension and just disappear right now.