Rant Thread

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Ana »

I fear they will push an eating disorder diagnose on me.. Obesity is not recongnize as a disease in Denmark. Its only ppls own fault even if you suffer from a hormon disease like me. Denmark only have one official politics for obisity.. if you are fat , you are lazy, umotivated and too stupid to loose weight.. I been fighting the system for more than 9 hours on this..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Just came back home. The interview had a lot of questions and lasted for 2 hours. The doctor was kind but it really took alot of my health bar to be there. Im totally busted.
They want to discuss ny case so I dont know what they decide.
Glad it was a real GP doctor though

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Fingers crossed for you tarn.

My new rant, we had moved an air conditioner (new in box, to be installed in the spring) and a bunch of tools to the front porch because of the flood and resultant ripping up of floors, walls, ceilings, etc. The ac and a bunch of tools are now gone. Let's be honest, we won't be getting them back. The AC is basically a must in the heat of the south, and we had worked hard to save up to buy it. We're in even worse shape financially now, and the tools aren't cheap either. It wasn't the brightest idea to store them there, but we didn't have much choice.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Car wont start again. Just got it fixed in December and we're still paying that off.
Shit just keeps hitting us in the face.

Siggy under construction!

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I don't know if this is actually a rant or a LOL. We still have no shower water. My husband has been trying to fix it. No shower, but the toilet is now filled with HOT water, so I guess we can bathe in that???
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh no Dew :( I'm so sorry you're still experiencing so much shit from the flood :(

And that's awful Bowno, I hope whatever is wrong is an easy fix, like loose battery terminal or something.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Sne
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sne »

A few ppl been asking on how Im doing so i thought I log in and post instead of letting my wife do it.
I had a 4 x bypass. After that I sadly got Diabetisk ketoacidose and was in hospital for 24 days.
It's been almost a year now (was in marts/april 2020) and my hear now pump at around 35%. Og will never get better than that.
I dont have any energy as I dont get blood and oxygen transfered quickly enough through my system due to my heart only working at less than half capacity.
Besides that I have some serious side effects from my diabetes. One of them is neuropati. I have pain 24hours a day.
Beside that I struggle with mental health problems. I have various diagnoses and it's just hard.
I wont be returning to petopia forums as I used to.
Sorry my spelling and gramma

Sne is Danish for Snow

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Sne, don't feel bad about not being as active on the forums. Thank you so much for posting the update, as we all think about you and how you are doing. Wishing you the best. <3
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh Sne, you've been through so much :( Thanks for taking the time to post. Please take care and log in when you can. I hope your condition starts to improve soon and they can find better ways to get you more oxygen. I'm glad you got past the serious infections you had last year. Take care <3
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

When insurance depreciates the upstairs carpet 90% and you can't afford to fix it...
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

It's good to hear from you, Sne, and thanks for giving us an update. I'm sorry your medical conditions are so hard.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Bad day today for both hubby and me. One of those 10 in pain 0 in energy days. Though

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Not sure if rant or just concern, but a co-worker of mine has tested positive for Covid. I've been in direct contact with her through work. Guess now I wait and see.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

A few days ago I lost my best friend suddenly. He'd seemed healthy for all the times I'd spoken with him so it came as a complete shock and wouldn't be until shortly after that I'd get an idea as to why it might have happened.

We'd been struggling to get Heroic Stone Legion down for the last few weeks. That day, we finally managed through sheer luck. It was the last pull of the raid time so we'd stopped and he'd gone into a private channel with the other guild officers. From what I was told he'd spoken a few times then suddenly went quiet. He never joined us outside the channel. None of us thought much of it at first as he was prone to randomly falling asleep (the clue I was given) and pulling all-nighters. We all thought he'd simply fallen asleep at the keyboard again.

Yesterday I was running Torghast with my friend's sister, along with another group friend. We'd been joking about my best friend falling asleep and discussed how long it should be before we call for a wellness check. The other friend worried me by saying that my best friend had slammed his desk hard once we'd beaten Stone Legion, suggesting he might have gotten into trouble with his neighbour and/or landlord. Then suddenly his sister says the police are at her house.

All we know is it wasn't Human Malware and that the neighbour had gone to investigate the bang when they found him. My hint was the fact he randomly fell asleep and apparently had been doing so for some time. I'd not had a clue as we'd gone distant for a while, only finding each other again late last year. He'd also mentioned a hospital appointment but never said what it was for. I have a sinking feeling that I know why now.

Not long before he'd been teasing me about us living together as he had a spare room in his apartment. I was strongly considering it once all the crud had come to an end.

Rest in peace my dear friend. For all the stupid things you'd done you were a wonderful person and will be greatly missed.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh Varethyn, that's awful :( I'm so sorry :(
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I am so sorry, Varethyn :(
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

That is a horrid experience. So sorry Varethyn

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Var. :( (((hugs)))
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

That's so sad to hear, so sorry Var :(

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Me and the rest of my workplace is pissed off. Our city (perth) has gone into 5 day lockdown because someone with the UK Variant of covid has been out and about in the city with it. Our workplace was told to go into the office because our department is "essential" but our area really isn't. I'm going to have f all to do all day and really think travelling into the city in the first place is going against the whole purpose of this lockdown because some managers can't think for themselves.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~