Rant Thread

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Talihawk »

OMG I thought the Paragon chests were a slog of grinding. Trying to get the Island Thunderscale is turning out to be a complete nightmare.

Three layers of RNG... and a ton and a half of grinding through complete time wasting. I can't believe I would rather have Paragon chests back. At least you were grinding in the correct direction instead of just having to jump through hoops so you can maybe get the right island next time.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Omg I can't stand attention seekers! I'm an admin of our clubs Facebook group (model building page) and this one chick quite obviously does this hobby to purely get attention and "likes" from people, not to actually get better/try different things or just enjoy themselves in general. She asks for help and I give it in quite a non emotional logical way - next minute this fucking essay appears in my DM's about how I could be more sensitive and I should be a fucking mind reader and know she can't afford a $10 replacement or some shit (even tho my suggestions that followed would cost 0 money).

It's pretty clear she doesn't like other female modelers (or maybe girls in general) as she craves attention from the males in the group. I refused to bow down to her and quite diplomatically reply - then comes the rather curt response basically saying my suggestions were an afterthought (umm sorry I was hanging by facebook for your immediate reply??) and says she's had some unwelcome comments (doesn't specify who/what/when) that were rather condescending and thought the group was to help ppl not just show off finished models...what!? With the excuse offcourse "sorry I'm just being honest". yeah nah.

She also bitched about a question that got deleted but we answered it - and I'm like it was against the rules to even post it so...we also let a lot of her 'blog' posts fly under the radar (which aren't allowed either) but then she's like "no one told me there was rules!" You're 33. You can work out where a facebooks group rules are ffs. Anyway the other admin said my replies were extremely diplomatic considering what she said to me but I just can't stand that kind of bullshit. We have ppl on the spectrum in our club who act more mature than her and better contribute. I've noticed she's stopped posting her stuff to like 3 groups and only posts to the one that gives her nothing but positive feedbacks and likes so it's so painfully obvious that's why she does this. And if she's talking about me being condescending I barely ever reply to anything she posts but I do occasionally post my own finished stuff (that she never comments on or likes) so it's obvious she was having a crack at me.

Sorry this was a long rant but I'm just so annoyed. I wish I could of replied that way I wanted but the joys of being an admin I guess -.-

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I somehow don't think we are ever going to get the final GoTs books. It sounds horrid but the dudes 70 and he's not in the best of shape >.>
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Yeah, I don't expect them now that the tv show has continued past the books. The last book was a bit of a disappointment to me somewhat, anyway.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

cowmuflage wrote:I somehow don't think we are ever going to get the final GoTs books. It sounds horrid but the dudes 70 and he's not in the best of shape >.>
I remain hopeful that George already has the last two books completed or near completion and is waiting until the HBO series has finished. This, or perhaps there is someone helping him complete the books, if anything should happen in the meantime.

He's not a speedy writer, this is true, but I know others just as old and in the same physical condition as he is that are still going strong.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

You know something. why have they never made the spirit crocolisk tameable they made the hydra tameable why not the croc? I get the ooze that makes sense but why not the poor croc. Hes the only classic croc skin that has not been made tameable and somehow blizzard acts like he does int exist.

I was gonna complain bout the microtransactions but ill save that for later... ;)
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I think my body hates me..warning this may be a little gross

I have eczema normally I treat it with a thick sealing cream or cornstarch if it starts getting to bad. 5 days ago I had some start on the back of my knee. with in a few days it became a bloody, crusty mess. My mom cleaned it last night and she said most of the skin was gone in that area. Went to the doctor today. I am on antibiotics and they took a culture . I have to go back in if it doesn't get better in a week if it gets worse I have to go immediately. It was very painful and uggggggggg

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

ohh that sounds painfull Syl.. I have a lot of eczema too so I know how it feels.. a lot of hugs!!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

Found out some news today that completely and irrevocably destroyed any shred of faith and positivity I have left in the world.

I don't feel comfortable sharing the details of this news just yet. I suppose I just need to say something to anyone before I do something about it. I don't really have anybody I can turn to and so I'm left with no other option now but to dump the reality of my pathetic life out to strangers on the internet. This may sound melodramatic but it is the plain and simple truth of the matter. My family is no longer involved in my life and I pushed what remaining friends I had away to protect them when I got sick. Others who I thought were friends, deceived me or left me long, long ago.

At first, I experienced shock, then there was anger and grief. Now I'm just numb … so very numb. It would've been kinder if my cancer had just killed me back in 2014!

Flight Rising

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Niabi wrote:Found out some news today that completely and irrevocably destroyed any shred of faith and positivity I have left in the world.

I don't feel comfortable sharing the details of this news just yet. I suppose I just need to say something to anyone before I do something about it. I don't really have anybody I can turn to and so I'm left with no other option now but to dump the reality of my pathetic life out to strangers on the internet. This may sound melodramatic but it is the plain and simple truth of the matter. My family is no longer involved in my life and I pushed what remaining friends I had away to protect them when I got sick. Others who I thought were friends, deceived me or left me long, long ago.

At first, I experienced shock, then there was anger and grief. Now I'm just numb … so very numb. It would've been kinder if my cancer had just killed me back in 2014!
Niabi I know we don't know each other in RL but everything I have ever seen from you here shows that you are a wonderful strong person. I know I can't take away what ever news you have received that is crushing your spirit right now but know there are people out there who appreciate you and care. :hug:

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

Syleye wrote:Niabi I know we don't know each other in RL but everything I have ever seen from you here shows that you are a wonderful strong person. I know I can't take away what ever news you have received that is crushing your spirit right now but know there are people out there who appreciate you and care. :hug:
You're very sweet Syleye. Thank you for your kind words.

I don't know if any of you here can relate or not but I feel as though I'm dead inside. Like pieces of me were chipped away little by little with every traumatic thing I have ever gone through (and I have been through a LOT in my life). Now my soul, essence, or whatever you want to believe that makes us, us, is gone and I'm just a hollow husk going through the motions of daily life on autopilot.

I don't know if I even owe this individual the courtesy of anonymity after what they have done but I'm trying to be an adult about it and not destroy their life in return. I just don't know how I'm supposed to move on without talking about it. It's a hard situation to be in.

Flight Rising

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Firefox Adblock suddenly died for no reason. Rebooted and everything. Went to redownload it and it keeps giving me "Download failed. Please check your connection." :l My connection is fine right now.
Eugh. Can hardly do anything online now with all these shitty ads everywhere.

Siggy under construction!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Bowno wrote:Firefox Adblock suddenly died for no reason. Rebooted and everything. Went to redownload it and it keeps giving me "Download failed. Please check your connection." :l My connection is fine right now.
If you're specifically talking about Adblock, it's been been obsolete for a while. I would highly recommend looking into uBlock Origin instead (it has a Firefox version), it took over as the better one as the previous addon called Adblock got bought out and filled with crap.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Vephriel wrote:
Bowno wrote:Firefox Adblock suddenly died for no reason. Rebooted and everything. Went to redownload it and it keeps giving me "Download failed. Please check your connection." :l My connection is fine right now.
If you're specifically talking about Adblock, it's been been obsolete for a while. I would highly recommend looking into uBlock Origin instead (it has a Firefox version), it took over as the better one as the previous addon called Adblock got bought out and filled with crap.
Really? I had no idea.
Thank you for the information! I'll see if I can't get ahold of this uBlock then.

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Bowno wrote:Firefox Adblock suddenly died for no reason.
It seems all Firefox add-ons are disabled because Mozilla forgot to renew their signing certificate. That's a Microsoft level stuff-up right there.

You might want to check out Pale Moon in the meantime. If you're on Mac, the unofficial build is called "New Moon".
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Anyia wrote:
Bowno wrote:Firefox Adblock suddenly died for no reason.
It seems all Firefox add-ons are disabled because Mozilla forgot to renew their signing certificate. That's a Microsoft level stuff-up right there.

You might want to check out Pale Moon in the meantime. If you're on Mac, the unofficial build is called "New Moon".
OOOH. OKay. Well that makes a lot more sense. I was about to be like REEE EVEN UBLOCK WONT LET ME GRAB IT. Some how, I'm not surprised they forgot to renew :L o well.
I'm sure it will be fixed by tomorrow. Might poke the palemoon tho. Looks interesting!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Oh, that just kicked in for me now, thanks for the heads up Wain! :lol:

I've always preferred Firefox to Chrome myself, Chrome's constantly given me issues and performs poorly, Firefox is my preferred browser. Hopefully they'll sort this out soon. :)
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Sheesh, Wain gets all the glory around here! I think I shall call him Wainglorious ;)

But yeah, I don't like Chrome either. Pale Moon (and also the upcoming Basilisk browser) is what Firefox used to be, before Mozilla decided they needed to clone Chrome, which is why I switched.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I think I'll stick to Firefox myself.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

It's been a couple of days now and I think I'm ready to open up about what happened. I'm not going to go into great detail because I'm still dealing with the aftermath of it all and I don't know exactly what's going to happen in the future.

I caught my husband having an online affair with someone he had met through Facebook. This relationship had started sometime in late Jan./early Feb. of this year. The relationship turned out to be a scam job that involved my husband conducting financial transactions involving Bitcoin. Our bank is now investigating the matter and my husband's savings account have been frozen while the investigation is taking place. My husband also applied for a personal loan and credit card during this time without telling me. Apparently he had some outstanding medical bills that needed to be paid and hid them from me so I wouldn't freak out about it. He admitted to me that if the relationship had been real, he had hoped something more would've come out of it.

Not only did he want to hurt me but he may have also screwed me financially. Thankfully, I have separate bank accounts that were left unaffected by all of this.

We are supposed to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary next Friday, on May 10th.

Flight Rising