Rant Thread

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Vephriel »

Take your time Wain, and don't feel guilty for seeking out distractions when you need to. Processing grief is different for everyone but your brain still needs the break sometimes, so just follow what feels right and don't be hard on yourself. I'm so sorry again. 💜
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I am so very sorry, Wain. I can't imagine what you are going through right now, but I'm always here to offer what help I can :hug:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thank you all ❤️ My family are still working through things, and because the hospital wants to perform an autopsy ( because she died in their care) it could be a week before mum is released for burial. It still seems so unreal. Im doing ok, though, and have the love and support of good people.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Dino
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Dino »

So sorry Wain. Take all the time you need. :hug: If you need anyone to talk to my pm box is always open. I understand the grief that comes from sudden loss, lost my mom suddenly.
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

My condolences Wain. I wish I had helpful words to offer.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Why must people be so damn elitist? I was running a +14 Halls with two friends, a rando MM hunter and a rando tank. Tank was super chill and had a good route. The other hunter had good dps and nothing else beyond Misdirect spam. No interrupts, no tranqs and died a bunch to easily avoidable attacks. Yet he had the gall to constantly chew me out for not placing Wild Spirits optimally and of course the classic "Why do you play BM? BM sucks!" even though we were actually fairly equal on dps, I only died once and interrupted and tranq'd where I could. It got so bad that the tank actually called the run because the other hunter kept hurling insults instead of moving.

Is it really so difficult to offer some advice to improve or at least be quiet instead of making someone "beneath you" not want to play the game any more?

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

That moment when the weight plate comes off the weight set and lands on your big toe.
1) I finished the set.
2) I fed the cats (took 2 hours moving at a hobble).
3) Trying to figure out how to get this sock off to see the damage. I'm thinking broken, but who am I to say?
4) Mental note: should have worked out in shoes.
5) Who am I kidding, I don't work out in shoes.
6) Speaking of shoes, not sure I'll be able to get one on that foot any time soon.
7) Ow.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh my god, ouch :( At least toes usually heal quickly, but that must have hurt so badly :(
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I hope it heals fast. It's done nothing but gotten worse with swelling, bruising, and blistering/hematoma. May need to hit an ER. :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Dewclaw wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:03 am I hope it heals fast. It's done nothing but gotten worse with swelling, bruising, and blistering/hematoma. May need to hit an ER. :(
If it's that bad then definitely see a doctor! Is it an issue of blood under the nail, or in the body of the toe itself?
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

It's a large blister at the base of the nail extending onto the top of the toe. My guess is it's formed because the swelling is just so bad, there's nowhere else for it to go. Someone said it may be something called a fracture blister? I am trying to stay away from the ER, since at the end of the day, I can't afford it. My local doctors are all closed until Mon., and the urgent care doesn't take my insurance. :/ My regular doctor will open tomorrow, so I will make an appointment with them first thing.
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Update, my primary care Dr. feels sure it is broken and may need surgery. I have an ortho appt. tomorrow morning. They wanted to get me in today on emergency basis, but the ortho is in surgery today. No work at minimum this week, and since my paycheck is the only paycheck, things are not looking good.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh god, I hope it's ok! :( It must have been badly damaged to require surgery :( *hugs*
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Thanks Wain. *Hugs* back at ya. I'll update again after my ortho appt later.
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Ortho x-rayed it. The bone is in "lots of pieces" but all of the pieces are in alignment, so no surgery needed , yay!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Yay! Good to hear. Do you need a catch?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

No cast, if that is what you are asking? I developed a fracture blister (don't Google, GROSS) that will need to rupture/heal, and you can't cover that with a cast.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ow 😣 Well, I’m glad you don’t need surgery at least. I hope it heals quickly!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

i defo should not have goggled it.... hope it heals fast!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Just when we began to feel we were on top of funeral plans, a new Covid outbreak has occurred and our state is suddenly in lockdown. So now funerals are restricted to 10 attendees, from around 80. That just covers Mum's closest family (kids, grandkids, and siblings, without partners, but it's awful that so many good friends and family won't be able to attend. Like we needed more pain.

At least the funeral will be streamed, so that they can join us from their homes.