Rant Thread

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Sorry to hear about the outbreak, but thank goodness for technology to allow others to join in. It's not the same, but at least it's something. Stay safe.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thank you! ❤️

We held the service today, with just 10 close family members present, and a great many people watching via webcast. It was moving and beautiful and I'm emotionally worn out.

The flowers were gorgeous. Mum really loved tulips (being Dutch and all) and the florist created this beautiful arrangement.

I'll include the reading I gave. When I was looking through possible poems and readings, this one really touched me:

No Death, No Fear - a story by Buddhist philosopher Thich Nhat Hanh

The day my mother died I wrote in my journal, "A serious misfortune of my life has arrived." I suffered for more than one year after the passing away of my mother. But one night I dreamed of my mother. I saw myself sitting with her, and we were having a wonderful talk. She looked young and beautiful, her hair flowing down. It was so pleasant to sit there and talk to her as if she had never died. When I woke up it was about two in the morning, and I felt very strongly that I had never lost my mother. The impression that my mother was still with me was very clear. I understood then that the idea of having lost my mother was just an idea. It was obvious in that moment that my mother is always alive in me.

I opened the door and went outside. Walking slowly in the moonlight through the rows of tea plants, I noticed my mother was still with me. She was the moonlight caressing me as she had done so often, very tender, very sweet... wonderful! Each time my feet touched the earth I knew my mother was there with me. I knew this body was not mine but a living continuation of my mother and my father and my grandparents and great-grandparents. Of all my ancestors. Those feet that I saw as "my" feet were actually "our" feet. Together my mother and I were leaving footprints in the damp soil.

From that moment on, the idea that I had lost my mother no longer existed. All I had to do was look at the palm of my hand, feel the breeze on my face or the earth under my feet to remember that my mother is always with me, available at any time.
Attachments
MumFlowers.jpg
MumFlowers.jpg (516.21 KiB) Viewed 1231 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

That's beautiful, Wain. And those flowers are gorgeous. I'm sure your mother was pleased. <3
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Dewclaw wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:00 am That's beautiful, Wain. And those flowers are gorgeous. I'm sure your mother was pleased. <3
Thank you :) I hope she would have been :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

very beautiful flowers :) Glad you found something which gave you comfort :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

That is great, Wain. I am very glad that you have found some comfort :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I have been giving my alts skinning and mining for money profit but i have SUCH a hard time lvling mining in the older areas.. its like the mines just went POOOF. I spend 3 hours in blade edge mountains and netherstorm and still not maxed in outlands mining... i spend 2 hours in sholari basin and found like 5 mines... where did the mines go? i can find A LOT of mines in BFA and WOD but not the older zones...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I wonder if they nerfed them :/
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Wain wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:11 am I wonder if they nerfed them :/
Yeah i hae the same feeeling. But not sure . I only tested it on 4 miners. I hate mining in old continent now..
Do you get the same sparce mines Wain?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maria wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:33 am Do you get the same sparce mines Wain?
I haven't tried mining in old zones for a long time, so I'm not sure sorry.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

no worries

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Making one of my mothers dogs his last meal before he gets put down today...

Siggy under construction!

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

((hugs)) Bowno.

I had to put a kitty down today. RIP Gulliver, the Napmaster gets his ultimate nap today.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Just did the Tyrande questlinie.. Im allience but what a bunch of "insert profanity here" . I never liked Tyrande. I like the Winter Queen and I like Shandris but blergh not happy with the way they handled Tyrande here...

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

*hugs* Bowno and Dewclaw. I'm so sorry to both of you :( Losing a pet is never easy :(
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

@ Bowno and Dewclaw :hug:
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Maria wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:07 am Just did the Tyrande questlinie.. Im allience but what a bunch of "insert profanity here" . I never liked Tyrande. I like the Winter Queen and I like Shandris but blergh not happy with the way they handled Tyrande here...
What don't you like about how they handled Tyrande?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Redemption and forgiveness. No matter that she almost destryed the Cove. No matter how many she killed and how much damaged she made by NOT letting go of her rage in the first place, she is forgiven. Elune is supposed to be a Goddess and yet she did not know that the souls went to the Maw?
IDK... lots of small stuff.. its just ughn

other rankt
I thought i wanted to start a tank for fun. I made a Deathknight.
It was ANYTHING but fun.
Tanks are required to know EVERYTHING. Every little shotcut, every little tactic, how to pull a lot at once, etc
I started at lvl 18 and got tossed into a BFA dungeon. I knew NOTHING of what to do, I just came back after a long WoW break and thought i could go slow and easy and learn.
NOT an option. Ppl yell at you, want you to pull a lot, demands you know what to do even though i NEVER tanked before.
I respecced to unholy after 2 dungeons. It was not fun. I play to have fun.
I soo get tanks are hard to come by. The demand on their shoulders are stupid. There need to be a learning curve somewhere. Not just drop me in the deep end and hope i dont drown..
For new tanks there should be an option to learn the ropes. Just something.
Because like this I am never touching the tanking again.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Tyrande, once she evoke Elune's Wrath, had no choice but to constantly be enraged and vengeful. She couldn't stop even if she wanted to. Becoming the Night Warrior brought immense power, but it came at a cost, including that it would eventually kill her. She would continue to gain more and more power, which would be harder for her to control, until she eventually would just be killed from it all. The only reason she was able to stop is because Elune and the Winter Queen interceded, and it was at that point where she could choose what path to take. She didn't have that choice anymore.

As for Elune, it is rather strange that she wasn't aware of everything happening. Either she isn't a Goddess in the true sense of the word, as in being omniscient, or it is a failure of Blizz's writing.

Yeah, tanking is very difficult to get into, especially if you are new to the game. Unfortunately, there isn't really a way for Blizz to have an experience where you learn the ropes. A lot of the stuff that you mentioned comes from experience and personal skill. You can't create a tutorial that shows you all of the shortcuts or how to pull a bunch or which mobs need to be LOS'd, etc. The only thing that I can really recommend is continuing to run dungeons as dps and, eventually, trying again once you have gone through the dungeons more and learn things like tactics and shortcuts.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I just stick to dps and healing. I dont want my playtime to be a chore ;)
I think you always have a choice. The way Elune talk seems like Tyrande did have a choice.. it just silly to me but most of the writing is :P