Rant Thread

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Varethyn »

*Internet hugs to Bowno and Dewclaw.* I'm sorry you guys had to go through that. Take all the time you need :hug:

The main issue I find with WoW these days is how people feel conditioned to go fast all the time. Things like mythic+ and otherwise general impatience. Not helped that we're at a stage in the expansion where a lot of people are levelling alts and assume others are doing the same. There's little consideration for those who are new (to the content, class, role or the game itself) and no room for error so that they can reach the end-game as quickly as possible. Anyone not up to their personal standards gets kicked, insulted or ignored.

It's this kind of behaviour that makes Korthia not fun for me right now. It may be because I'm on a high-pop realm but no one wants to wait and help others if a rare spawn or event is up. They're there and have their cooldowns ready, why wait when they can nuke it and be done with it? Sucks to be the person on the other side of the map that now needs to wait half an hour. I'll be so glad when I've finished the rep grinds...

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

The toxicity in the majory who plays stuns me.. i just put most on ignore but man some ppl...
I am so glad I got hubby to play with because I would hate to be involved with ppl out there. Many are just so full of hate... its not good

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... /302258/91

one quote.. there is a lot of these
did u think actually about learn 2 play?
why do u think u can play tank (what need know a lot) without any knowledge?
just play DPS, learn, look at website with guides, learn boss abilities, learn how to play tank, ask for help in your guild, get some knowledge and skill… and THEN u will be able actually play tank.

u need LEARN …like everyone (even ppl who play in top guilds learn how to play and even they was noobs who have no idea what to do… but they LEARN)
when u have no idea what to do and u arent able to play your class and u screw game for other ppl in group… then they will be upset

why do u wanna screw their gameplay? why do u wanna disappoint them? why do u wanna waste their time? why do u wanna make them lost golds (by repair)? who r u to try hurt them in any way?

its on YOU to learn and dont hurt other ppls gameplay

look… i see a lot “players” like you… on their high horse of arrogancy… Warrior in cloth armor, drood tanking in cat, tanks who turn away from boss and let him beat their back, palladins who use their bubble and lost all aggro, lot of ppl like u…

and i wanna know
WHY r u wasting my time? why r u cost me golds and never pay them back? just tell me? why? why u dont learn how to play? why do u not use any guide, or any addon what help u?

why?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I'm very sorry, Maria. It isn't right :(
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Valnaaros wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:45 am I'm very sorry, Maria. It isn't right :(
I just move on. It did not hurt me, but it might hurt someone younger or someone more vunarable. I feel sorry for ppl who dont have someone to play the game with because the community is soooo toxic. I got hubby and I dont care about mythics and raiding beyond LFR. But ppl who want to do that I feel sorry for them.. its just a rough world out there.
I took some of the more nice things the person said and quoted. It got worse. But I got pretty thick skin and I just leave them be , but there should be punishment for ppl like that..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Not my thread but why arent threads like this shutdown?

745 replies and NO action taken.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... ame/302767

Why cant ppl just agree to disagree? Syleye is one of my best friends and we disagree on almost everything, including the topic, but we are not toxic towards eachother...

Why no intervention....

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I think the world would be a lot nicer place if people *could* agree to disagree.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Yup but sadly it seems that it's not how it work for many ppl.
I soo enjoy my conversations with Syleye because I know we both shakes out head and think the other person is wrong but we allow the opinion to be there!
I really dont get why there is so little moderation ln the forums

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

My life has really gone all to hell and just keeps getting worse. My dad's cancer started spreading, and even though both of my parents are horrible abusive bigots it's still awful.
Stress is literally eating me alive and I am miserable 24/7

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Arthur wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:24 am My life has really gone all to hell and just keeps getting worse. My dad's cancer started spreading, and even though both of my parents are horrible abusive bigots it's still awful.
Stress is literally eating me alive and I am miserable 24/7
Oh god I'm so sorry to hear that :(

Do you have close siblings or friends you can share this burden with? You need people to lean on, emotionally. It helps a lot. It also helps to find things that distract you the most easily and do them. Your brain needs time away from the awful stuff.

Take care. Hugs.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I agree with Wain. Get help from family or if that's not an option there are support grps you can join.

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

While it's nice to see that the people in this WoW thread werent just out to get ME and just had a general hate bone for ME, it is sad to see that these 'give worgen tails' people will constantly go after anyone who has a different opinion than them without holding anything back and then proceed to claim that they are the victim of trolls and furry-haters.
Hopefully they dont try to actually go after the other people like they did to me, to the point of them trying to find my Btag and Discord name so they could contact me off the forums with their more reportable behavior. But it certainly looks like they might, which sucks for the people who are having to deal with these awful human beings right now.
And people wonder why I dont like to consider myself a furry.. Because they can be so fuckin' rabid its embarrassing to be anything a part of.

Siggy under construction!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh that's creepy behaviour :(
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Anyone with an active WoW Sub wanna tell this Albien dude on that forum that I'm not banned and I just dont want to pay for a game that has currently is not fun and is currently a shitshow when it comes to what's going on with the company, and to maybe stop harassing the people that disagree with them and claiming they're me? lmfao

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I feel bad posting this after Bowno's, because that is awful and inexcusable behaviour and I hope something can be done about it.

Quick backstory: I'd been playing on Alliance since a little before Shadowlands came out. All my friends had switched there from Horde so I felt obligated to do the same. After my best friend passed away earlier this year myself and our other friends were drifting while finding a new guild. Eventually we found one that I personally was content in, but the others are more hardcore than me so left again to find a mythic progress guild. I didn't mind since we could still play together. One of the main downsides to my guild was that one of the officers was extremely power-mad. Never raided with us, was rarely online, hoarded bank rights until the raid leader twisted his arm enough to promote someone reliable and always kicked members that had been offline for a few months, regardless of if it was an alt of an active member, someone on break/holiday etc. No one liked him but he was friends with the GM so nothing could be done about it.

Roll forwards a few months, my friends, most of the guild and I decide to go back to Horde. I was initially ecstatic cos I got to play on Vare again, much as I like Umbra and my Denathrius-cosplaying DH. We transferred over, started up a new guild with those who came along, my friends are still in a mythic progress guild but that's fine. But I'd left Umbra in the Alliance guild to check on progress and chat with those who chose to stay behind. In that time the GM decided to step down and make his power-hungry friend the new GM. Big mistake.

Today I'd logged in on Umbra to tend to his Queen's Conservatory and got to chat with a guildie who was undecided on what he wanted to do. Most everyone had already left (or got kicked due to "inactivity") and the guild was on its last legs. I was planning on leaving on Umbra because of that and asked him how things were going and that there was a place on the Horde side if he wanted to come over. What I didn't realise was that the new GM was online. Mid-convo the GM kicked me outright. Didn't give me the chance to say good bye let alone finish my conversation.

Perhaps I should have moved it to whispers instead, idk. The guild was dying and the guildie was chatting there so it didn't seem a big deal. But, and I stress this is the FIRST TIME the GM had ever said anything to me directly, I was kicked for "recruiting" and told simply "good luck" after I whispered him about it. An innocent conversation with a cheeky offer to a single person in a dying guild. Recruiting.

Apparently a few people, including the guildie I was talking to, all left after that because of that action. So joke's on him. But still, it was so sudden, he didn't even know me or my intent. Just kicked to protect what was left of an empty guild that he was kicking people from anyway. I... don't know how to feel.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

I've been in a few guilds like that, Varethyn. It sucks when a leader or officer is so power hungry that they are happy to cause the guilds final downfall just so they can remain on top... and in the process, breaking up any little friendships that might have been forming.
Don't feel badly about talking in G chat. Most woulda said something like "Hey this seems like you're trying to take our members, whats up?" before a kick and would have been willing to listen.
So, dont feel badly. It wasn't your fault. Its clear it was gonna happen anyways.

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Sorry you guys are dealing with sucky people. Hope it gets better for you both.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

those offerings you need for apparel.. sucks!! You need a grp of friends to kill the names and nobody wants to help.... Could i just not only pay with anima please!

sigh....

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Modem hit by lightning, borrowed phone to post, offline until fixed...
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I'm sorry to hear that, Dewclaw :(
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »