Rant Thread

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Ana »

Nah that's a bad idea. I try to treat ppl they way I want them to treat me. I don't want to be a jerk just because they are. ;)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Hey guys thanks for all the hugs and stuff :hug: While it's been really rough it's been amazing how supportive people have been to each other! It makes you feel good about humanity. Also they just banned all military style guns yesterday.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

cowmuflage wrote:Hey guys thanks for all the hugs and stuff :hug: While it's been really rough it's been amazing how supportive people have been to each other! It makes you feel good about humanity. Also they just banned all military style guns yesterday.
they just straight up banned them? in a week?

.....sometimes I see functioning governments and get wistful.

THAT SAID- this isn't a competition, and I'm really, really happy to hear that the community has been pulling together to support one another during such an awful time.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

cowmuflage wrote:Hey guys thanks for all the hugs and stuff :hug: While it's been really rough it's been amazing how supportive people have been to each other! It makes you feel good about humanity. Also they just banned all military style guns yesterday.
I'm happy for you that you have a functioning country that responds to actual crises. But, it's so weird to hear that. Like, they can just up and do that. I wish things in the US were different.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Teigan wrote:
I'm happy for you that you have a functioning country that responds to actual crises. But, it's so weird to hear that. Like, they can just up and do that. I wish things in the US were different.
They did the same thing in Australia in like 1996 after the Port Arthur massacre. I think NZ are doing the same buy back scheme the Howard government did (correct me if I'm wrong Cow). I'm sorry it took a deranged aussie to prompt this though :( :cry:

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

trump rally in my city today (: two blocks from my apartment (:

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I don't think my body is absorbing my medication correctly, despite my past lab results showing that I'm 'normal'.

I'm showing signs of myxedema in my face, hands, and feet. I look and feel like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man! I see my new primary care doctor next week and have labs to do again for my endocrinologist and oncologist during that time. Hopefully they can team up and find out what is really going on.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

the gf has completely given up on putting effort into school. she has her reasons, i won't fight her on it- .....but i do all the homework. i'm not totally happy to be doing homework for someone who doesn't care enough to put in minimum effort at this point, especially in classes where teachers have been accommodating. :/

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

That does not sound very good dude :/ I hope things turn out better soon!
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Lupis you're doing both yourself and her a disservice by doing her homework. My suggestion is that you think about it. Hope things improve soon.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Thanks, you guys! It was a heat of the moment vent, and she immediately felt bad for being apathetic and has been trying to help and do more. School is impossible for her due to many issues outside of her control- she never even wanted to go to college bc she know she can't do it, but her family is forcing her to.

It was just a bad night- but I am still very, very tired. Even my own classes and homework leave me so busy I can barely spare an hour a day, if that, for anything but homework, and that's at the expense of sleep I desperately need. It's making her and myself really sad to never be able to do a damn thing together. ;_;

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:School is impossible for her due to many issues outside of her control- she never even wanted to go to college bc she know she can't do it, but her family is forcing her to.
What does she find the most challenging? I'm sure there are measures that can be taken or tools that can be utilized if she finds frustration with her academics, fellow students, or teachers.

And I get it. College wasn't my thing either. I never had a problem through elementary, middle, and high school, but when I got to college … it was like I was hit with a 'stupid stick'! Tests, forget about it! My brain would refuse to absorb any new verbal or visual information beyond what I already knew. I discovered I was much better at learning by doing, if that makes any sense.

That, and I was extra sensitive to some of my professors critique. Art classes were the hardest hits because that's where my passion was. Art is subjective and in order to succeed, it's imperative that one develops a thick skin. But for a professor to basically shit all over my work in front of the class … well, that sting never really goes away.

Flight Rising

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

I'm a shitty person.
IDK why anyone even tries to put up with me.
Especially my boyfriend :l

Siggy under construction!

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

You are not a shitty person Bowno! Why would you even allow yourself to think such a thing!? Did you murder a puppy or run over an elderly person with your vehicle recently? No. Then you are by no means a shitty person by any standard.

We all have our flaws of course, but perhaps you're focusing too much on one specific thing you said or did and have allowed it to completely overshadow your entire frame of mind. I've been guilty of this myself, more times than I'd like to admit. You have to be doing something right though because your boyfriend hasn't gone anywhere and still loves you regardless :hug:

Flight Rising

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Heh. Thanks Niabi. You're very kind.
Thankfully, no puppies or elderly were harmed in any way, at least to my knowledge.
:hug:

Siggy under construction!

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

So pissed right now. Almost all the schools in our state are closed now due to some crazy ass woman who thinks Columbine was a cool idea. She flew here all the way from Florida, apparently to "celebrate" the 20th anniversary. The FBI knew she was dangerous so why did they not flag her if she tried to by a gun. We have laws to protect us but they don't do a damn bit of good if they aren't utilized

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

@ Syleye, I just finished reading about it in a news report! I hope there is a swift and peaceful resolve to the situation soon. Stay safe ok :hug:

Flight Rising

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Niabi wrote:@ Syleye, I just finished reading about it in a news report! I hope there is a swift and peaceful resolve to the situation soon. Stay safe ok :hug:
Thank you. Glad my daughter is home safe today at least the schools took it seriously :hug:

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

Syleye wrote:
Niabi wrote:@ Syleye, I just finished reading about it in a news report! I hope there is a swift and peaceful resolve to the situation soon. Stay safe ok :hug:
Thank you. Glad my daughter is home safe today at least the schools took it seriously :hug:
Just moments ago, CBS Denver reported that police found the suspect dead: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sol-p ... spartanntp.

Flight Rising

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Thanks for the link Niabi