:hug: @Bowno

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Castile »

This is a petty rant but who cares - obnoxious girl from my club is going to the national comp eeeergh! Why do you want to ruin this for everyone! People can barely tolerate you here and now you want to take your attention seeking shitshow interstate? It's like a nightmare and I can't wake up.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Finally get the sewer issues somewhat resolved (parts of the house still smell like a porta potty), and tonight the cat drops a toy down the shower drain. Two doses of Drano and a pipe snake later, and the shower is still blocked. I can't say 100& its a toy, but I'm thinking it might be.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Dewclaw wrote:Finally get the sewer issues somewhat resolved (parts of the house still smell like a porta potty), and tonight the cat drops a toy down the shower drain. Two doses of Drano and a pipe snake later, and the shower is still blocked. I can't say 100& its a toy, but I'm thinking it might be.
Oh Dew! What a nightmare!

You can always detach the pipe connecting to the drain and manually clean out the blockage. A plumber will do the job for you if you're not a hands-on kind of person or lack the know-how but I'm not sure what they might charge for this kind of service.

Flight Rising

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

It's down the shower drain, so it's somewhere in the network or piping that runs behind the walls, in the in between area of the second story floor and the first floor ceiling. I'm not sure how we could get to it, even if we knew precisely where it was, without tearing out flooring or ceiling.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Day before yesterday, my cat was fine, other than having lost a bit of weight. Now she's in the hospital barely alive hooked up to IVs. I don't understand how it happened and honestly, I don't think the vet does either. It all happened so fast and they aren't sure what it really is.
I'm scared she'll die or that we'll run out of credit cards before they can save her.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Last edited by Varethyn on Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Vare- I'm of the firm belief that you can't always control how you feel about something right off the bat. Things changing can be hard to handle and things like transphobia, homophobia, racism, etc are all deeply culturally ingrained- it's VERY hard to stop thinking under a lens at least somehow affected by any number of those things. Plus, when you've known and relied on a friend being one way for a long time, it doesn't seem outlandish to be thrown off balance when something changes.

That is to say- it doesn't make you a bad person for feeling bad about it! It would be bad if you rejected him, or told him he's wrong or that he can't be trans / refused to use his correct pronouns- but those are all actions and that's the key difference. You can't always control how you feel, but you CAN control how you react to those feelings. Right now, it looks like you're trying to combat them and figure out where those feelings are coming from so you stop feeling that way. That's a good thing, and a great way to respond to realizing you feel something you don't logically agree with. You're trying to understand what's going on so you can stop feeling that way in the future.

So you're not a bad person! :hug: You're trying your best to combat something internal, and that's hard as hell, and incredibly frustrating. You got this.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

There is nothing wrong with being bothered by something. I went through the exact same thing with a high school friend. Supporting them is the best thing to do BUT that I think depends on how they act also.I had to break ties with my high school friend after they transitioned because they did nothing but complain and be generally rude to cis and straight people. I do mean really rude. It was super hard to do I loved them as a friend and hell I gave them money for meds back when I couldn't really afford it.

You are honestly doing the best thing you can do.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Sudden feeling of inadequacy hearing friends say certain things to and greeting other friends in a special way and wondering why they don't say it to me. I love doubting it when people tell me they consider me a friend just because of shit like this.

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Castile wrote:This is a petty rant but who cares - obnoxious girl from my club is going to the national comp eeeergh! Why do you want to ruin this for everyone! People can barely tolerate you here and now you want to take your attention seeking shitshow interstate? It's like a nightmare and I can't wake up.
Can I take back a rant? She isn't going now whooooopee!!! I can look forward to this trip now!

Shadowlands

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Sums up my life perfectly ...

Flight Rising

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Still not done packing and the movers are coming tomorrow...but my sisters dogs ruined my mattress last night so that's one less thing to have to take. I'm more upset that I think the dogs are sick and she adopted a special needs cat who is not doing well either. Now instead of finishing packing I have to rush the dogs to the vet. My head might just explode at some point. It's just me here to handle all this while she's at work. One disabled woman can't take care of her five animals and finishing packing the entire house. :cry:
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Castile wrote:
Castile wrote:This is a petty rant but who cares - obnoxious girl from my club is going to the national comp eeeergh! Why do you want to ruin this for everyone! People can barely tolerate you here and now you want to take your attention seeking shitshow interstate? It's like a nightmare and I can't wake up.
Can I take back a rant? She isn't going now whooooopee!!! I can look forward to this trip now!
Rant reinstated! She's going again! Even though she has no job and defriended that entire group on facebook (and her only friend isn't going) like why? No one's going to want to socialize with you and it's just going to be awkward af! I think this nutjob is giving me an ulcer.

Edit: Found out she's gone into $1,500 credit card debt to come and has no job! What! Why? Talk about irresponsible :/

Shadowlands

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Now my cat is dying.
EVERYONE iS DYING.

Siggy under construction!

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Third god damn year in a ROW where I've had wasps build a nest right outside my front door and this time it was much closer. gekhngiouhnegioehngoiewjgoiwegewgeiowwg I guess I get to go buy more spray and blast'em.... again

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Moonith
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore [A] / Zul'jin [H]

Unread post by Moonith »

I was in a group to kill Soundless. Some random horde hunter tries to tame it infront of 40+ people between the horde and alliance groups patiently waiting to pull it. I immediately get kicked from the group and blamed.

I'm alliance. I had a pet out so I couldn't even remotely attempt to tame. I was still sitting on my mount when the horde started taming it. Plus I would never do something so stupid. Sometimes people make me sad. So quick to just blame the first person of the same class without actually knowing who the true culprit was. I could understand if it was another alliance hunter in our group that tried to tame it and someone mistakenly thinking it was me. But it's quite easy on pve servers to see the hunter was of the other faction. It was even standing with the horde group.

It just makes me angry at the horde hunter for being such a jerk. People like that are what give hunters a bad name. I understand Soundless is a unique skin to tame. But, taming infront of two raid groups waiting to kill it for the mount when it has a huge respawn timer is really stupid. Find a friend to pull you to an RP or dead server and tame it there or wait until the wee hours of the morning when nobody is around and tame it. I had to wait to 3am to get my Packmother tame because I refused to tame her if there were people actively wanting to kill her. She doesn't even have a bad spawn timer either it's just common courtesy.

[ FLIGHT RISING: @Moonith ]
See a hatchling you want? If it's available it'll be on the AH or in my Exalt / For Sale tab of my lair!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Soundless is a rare that shouldn't be tamable. As for it having a unique skin, just give it to something else.