Rant Thread

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Dewclaw »

That sucks Castile. My boss made an employee come to work sick. Guess what, she had Covid. Now we have a second employee being tested. Yay for un-necessary exposure. :/ And if I get it, my house won;' get fixed anytime soon (flood just before Christmas).
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Do you ever get sick of being the "bigger person" and having to put up with shitty behaviour because "its just the way they are"?

I have to go to this daytrip thing with my in laws for SIL birthday (they all forgot mine until the day after/4 days later btw) and It makes me very anxious as they always either put me down or make me feel inadequate in some way. SIL does it because she obviously has no self esteem so putting me down makes herself feel better and MIL is just rude because ill never be good enough for her fav son. Now my mum is mates with her I'm told I'm just making a big deal out of it and "she doesn't know she's doing it" and "she's a good person deep down". I don't actually care I don't see why I should feel this way and never get an apology (my husband gets the apology because its him they care about not me). I just feel so alone now and that I'll have no one on my side next time they say mean shit to my face. Sorry for the long rant.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

No Castile, you should not have to put up with that stuff; not when it's been pointed out to them and they're aware it's an issue. It's on _them_ to improve _their_ behaviour, not on you to accept it. And if they're not willing to adjust how they act, then it's perfectly reasonable for you to not engage with them at all.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That's absolutely shit, and no you shouldn't have to put up with it. I mean, everyone has to put up with some strange behaviour in relatives for the sake of peaceful interaction, but what you're describing is abusive and completely out of order. And your husband should be defening you on this. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this shit :(
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
JoanMetcalfe

Unread post by JoanMetcalfe »

No need to put up with it, just a little pride! I sincerely sympathize with you and wish you a little courage in this!!
Last edited by JoanMetcalfe on Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:21 am And your husband should be defending you on this. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this shit :(
Thanks all. He does defend me but its always after the fact and they never do it in front of him. So far I don't leave his side at things I have to attend so if they say anything he's there. Last time they did it he got up to order/pay and then they had a crack. I'm more concerned with this outing as its on an island and I can't just say I want to go if they do anything. I was also really upset my mum seemed more concerned about her friendship with MIL than she did about believing me - especially since they didn't even care she existed for past 14 odd years! I'm just abit over justifying why they upset me to everyone.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

To the lv50 dark iron dwarf hunter who griefed me, I hope you're happy. I hope you're so damn pleased with the timing you got, flying in just in time to see Arcturis spawn in front of me, watching me start to tame him and then killing him at the last possible second. You people are the scum of the earth and make me ashamed of playing my class. I hope you get as good as you gave you inconsiderate child.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

My best friend woke up this morning to go to the bathroom. Her bit orange British Shorthair was laying in the doorway. She thought he was sleeping but he was dead :cry: se have had the pleasure of catsitting him a few times so I can feel it in my heart too. He almost Got to be 15 so he had a long good life where he was loved. Still sad though.. :cry:

Goodbuy my friends cat which I felt was half mine.. the pictures is from one of our catsitting times
Attachments
mGXaBb4.jpg
mGXaBb4.jpg (56.1 KiB) Viewed 4789 times
G37OPew.jpg
G37OPew.jpg (60.54 KiB) Viewed 4789 times
LWyxClP.jpg
LWyxClP.jpg (191.09 KiB) Viewed 3216 times

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Aww I'm so sorry. it hurts to lose our furry friends. They are family. :(
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

they are indeed.. and he was not even my cat...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

So sorry :hug: I remember thinking how sweet he looked when you first posted pictures of him.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh I'm sorry to hear that :(

It sounds like he went peacefully, but his loss will still be hard :(
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I am so sorry, Maria :hug:
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I HATE the rules of the shelters in Denmark.. my friend have applied 4 different places for 8 diffrent cats and got turned down because she does not own a house and a garden and the cats she wants HAS to be outdoor cats eventhough they been locked behind a shelter bar for months....... one of them almost tried to claw his way out of his tiny shelter prison to get to her but nooo she could not take her home.. and each time she gets rejected my friends heart take a beating

STUPID RULES :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Got food poisioning.. sooo sick.. not sick enough for the doctors to pump my stomach so just have to wait and get it out the natural way.. ughn

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Ack, that stinks. :( feel better soon.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

5 years ago my best friend in the entire world´s kid brother got diabetes. He was a relatively young healthy man on 47. Sadly his diabetes was very aggressive and his kidneys is now at 8 % capacity, he got 9 % eyesight left and he got cancer.

Las week he was admitted to the hospital with bacterial meningitis. And as if that was not enough he then had 4 massive bloodclots in his brains. He has been in an induced coma for a week and today they deiced to pull the plug. My friend had said her goodbuys.. but then he just did not die..No idea what to do now. His brothers wife want him home so he can die there but he is still in a coma, and what if he doesnt come out or doenst die.. what does it mean.. how much damage did his brain take, is he going to life as a vegtable .. soo many questions and I just wanna be there for my friend, hug her, hold her hand. Love her and support her but I cant... covid19 restirctions does that only close relatives can be at the hospital.. no use trying to explain to them she IS family, more family than my real family. I have no idea where it is all going to end and it+s taking a huge toll on her

just needed to write things out.. if i sound cold im sorry but it would have been easier if he just had died... no idea what if any life there is left for him...

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh god, how awful :( The poor guy. Some people are a lot more susceptible to diabetes than others, and the symptoms can be devatasting :( I feel very sorry for his family, and for you. <3
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

He died. Took 7 hours hoocked off all machines including the respirator. My friend is griving along with all the questions if they did the right thing? So horrible..

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Maria wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:44 pm He died. Took 7 hours hoocked off all machines including the respirator. My friend is griving along with all the questions if they did the right thing? So horrible..
:hug: :hug: