Rant Thread

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Syleye »

Varethyn wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:56 pm Brain. Can I please look at fanart and birthday art between people I know without getting upset, feeling like no one gives a shit about me, wishing I was worthy of getting the same or spiralling through scenarios wherein everyone goddamn hates or straight up ignores me? Getting real sick of imagining my friends being their own group with me just being there and treated like I'm in the way. Thanks.
:hug: happy Birthday!!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Hah no, it wasn't my birthday. That's already been and gone for this year.

I just have this really annoying thing where whenever someone I know/am friends with (though the meaning of the word "friend" has been slipping a lot for me) gives or gets art of some sort I instantly feel worthless. "I wish people did that for me too." "It hurts cos I know people won't do this for me." I can't appreciate the art itself because my mind instantly devolves into an envious, lonely mess.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Täräin13
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu

Unread post by Täräin13 »

LupisDarkmoon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:22 pm Tarain, I understand and sympathize so much. <3 The college/university system is absolutely broken for anyone who has legitimate health issues - it seems like the more actual proof and reasons you have to back up the need for extra help, the more the system wants to resist giving it to you. My gf had to leave her college entirely to start attending an online one because the system is so bad. In the meanwhile I'm able bodied and without mental illness to speak of, so of course I can get away with murder and probably get an A on it anyway. I usually need to go in with her to argue on her behalf to get anything done.

edit: my rant, I HATE BEING IN THIS CITY ok im cool its chill
Well I can imagine it must be even harder, assuming you live in the US, in the States since you don't have the same social systems as we do in my country so you and your gf have my sympaties as well. And you're totally right in that the more proof you have on something which backs up your story, the more you have to fight for it for some odd reason. =/ In my case it was the school, can you say schoolboard dunno what's it's equal too correctly tbh, and not my teachers and such because they have been very understanding. But yeah karma won a battle yesterday and I got a better and a very good grade for my bachelor project than the person I mentioned. And I also got very high praise from my professors, especially the one who rarely praises anyone and even examinator so I'm a very happy now conservator restorer technichian as of yesterday! =) So yeah I'm happily looking forward to my master the next 2 years!=)
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I've been so stressed for so long now that my blood pressure has spiked to dangerous levels. I made a doctors appointment, but of course they can't see me for two weeks. Meanwhile I am worried my heart is in trouble.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Not sure if this is a rant but anyway - our trouble community member decided to block me on facebook. Why might you ask? Because I entered a competition on the same group she's in. That's it. And it must be it as I've had 0 social media interaction with her besides residing in the same groups as her. I don't like or comment on her stuff. I don't engage her in any way since before she left our local group page so that's it. I don't even post that often - this is like my 6th post EVER in this group to her like 50...It's very petty to say the least. Its like "NO I'm the ONLY girl allowed to post and do things in this group!" like really? I did a post (without saying her name or any details) on my personal facebook and it was funny how ppl she's also FB friends with guessed when I described the person (a lot of them regretting accepting her request or immediately restricting her). I kinda wonder if she realises just how much she's managed to piss off this entire community - even people who are yet to meet her IRL.

Oh well. So yeah I'm not really pissed off or upset I just found it a weird thing to do. I guess it DOES annoy me as I put up with her boring ass models and said nothing but she won't acknowledge I exist in the group now? Yeah it's weird. :?

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

2 years ago we had 0 cases of measles in New Zealand.

We currently have 759 cases in Auckland today.

People say anti-vaxxers are harmless. That's bull.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Oh my god, that's a huge amount of measles cases, I'm so sorry Cow. I absolutely cannot stand anti-vaxxing. It's so incredibly selfish and hurts the people who truly can't be vaccinated without their permission.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Yeah and that's just Auckland it's 905 measles cases for all of NZ. As someone who lives in Auckland it's very scary. Like at the school my mum works at they are sending all non vaccinated kids home because it's not worth the risk.

I'm very glad my niece is 9 months old and is old enough for the measles vaccination. Normally they do it at 12 months but they've moved it down to 6 months because of this.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Continuation of this saga...so she blocked me. Ok whatever. Then once she'd blocked she starts LIKING all my husbands posts on that group. like WTF. No. Stop. You do not do that! I was so PISSED. Like what do you even think you're doing!! Everyone thought it was a deliberate thing to provoke me and it worked. I was angry I was tempted to message her and just tell her straight up to fucking watch her back cause next time I see her in person she is a fucking dead woman. Like seriously!! You do not go after/use my husband to do this. Girl is 100% whack. argh!!

Shadowlands

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Castile wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:57 am Continuation of this saga...so she blocked me. Ok whatever. Then once she'd blocked she starts LIKING all my husbands posts on that group. like WTF. No. Stop. You do not do that! I was so PISSED. Like what do you even think you're doing!! Everyone thought it was a deliberate thing to provoke me and it worked. I was angry I was tempted to message her and just tell her straight up to fucking watch her back cause next time I see her in person she is a fucking dead woman. Like seriously!! You do not go after/use my husband to do this. Girl is 100% whack. argh!!
She sounds highly manipulative. Can you get your husband to block her and see how she reacts? :D
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

cowmuflage wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:36 pm Yeah and that's just Auckland it's 905 measles cases for all of NZ. As someone who lives in Auckland it's very scary. Like at the school my mum works at they are sending all non vaccinated kids home because it's not worth the risk.

I'm very glad my niece is 9 months old and is old enough for the measles vaccination. Normally they do it at 12 months but they've moved it down to 6 months because of this.
Anti-vax is a pseudo-religion, and a really dangerous one :( People can believe all kinds of strange and destructive things, as long as they have some belief system that makes them feel special. It wouldn't be so bad if they only hurt themselves. Sadly most of them were probably vaccinated as kids and are now only harming newer generations.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:41 am
Castile wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:57 am Continuation of this saga...so she blocked me. Ok whatever. Then once she'd blocked she starts LIKING all my husbands posts on that group. like WTF. No. Stop. You do not do that! I was so PISSED. Like what do you even think you're doing!! Everyone thought it was a deliberate thing to provoke me and it worked. I was angry I was tempted to message her and just tell her straight up to fucking watch her back cause next time I see her in person she is a fucking dead woman. Like seriously!! You do not go after/use my husband to do this. Girl is 100% whack. argh!!
She sounds highly manipulative. Can you get your husband to block her and see how she reacts? :D
Yeah he blocked her after she did it. He's away at work too so there was a bit of a delay. I honestly don't know what she hopes to gain out of this besides alienating herself further from the community and making a mortal enemy of me when I have done 0 to her (besides be better at our hobby and obviously better liked in our community).

Shadowlands

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Still recovering from a traumatic brain injury. I have to go to neck and brain therapy twice a week now :(
At least I can use the internet for a little bit again, but I have to be so careful now. I can't even bump my head or fall or I'm in serious trouble. The damage I already have has a chance of being permanent, but the therapist thinks there's a better chance we can fix it at least so there's that. Just sucks how much harder life is right now.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Bullet if you have any questions about TBI, I might be able to help answer them. My husband has suffered several.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bulletdance wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:15 am Still recovering from a traumatic brain injury. I have to go to neck and brain therapy twice a week now :(
At least I can use the internet for a little bit again, but I have to be so careful now. I can't even bump my head or fall or I'm in serious trouble. The damage I already have has a chance of being permanent, but the therapist thinks there's a better chance we can fix it at least so there's that. Just sucks how much harder life is right now.
Oh my god :( I hope your therapist is right and you can fix it. Take care :)
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Wain wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:11 am
Bulletdance wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:15 am Still recovering from a traumatic brain injury. I have to go to neck and brain therapy twice a week now :(
Oh my god :( I hope your therapist is right and you can fix it. Take care :)
Dewclaw wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:50 am Bullet if you have any questions about TBI, I might be able to help answer them. My husband has suffered several.
Thanks guys :hug: For now my main concern is just not bumping my head again. It happened just after moving in to a new place. It wasn't too bad at first, but while I was recovering I had two more injuries. It's an old victorian home so all the steps are steep and there are boxes everywhere. Trying to be aware of everything while tired sucks, but I feel like I'm getting a little better every day now.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

pbtbtbt.. had to go to bed a little early last night bc I work opening shift, so I was in bed before the gf. She came in an hour later and started chatting about d&d stuff- this is totally normal, we talk about stuff in bed all the time. But I had just been woken up from sleep and was SUPER tired, so I wasn't able to stay awake long. I wake up to her really upset with me and asking me to not respond if I'm not paying attention- apparently I had nodded along to what she was saying without any conscious awareness or memory. Then she was upset about how we won't get to spend much time together today because I'll be at work all day, and how much she hates waking up alone. there's literally nothing i can do about anything brought up- i can't sacrifice my already-too-little sleep to spend time with her at night and unfortunately i can't exactly quit my job, but i guess i can feel really awful about sleeping too much or not doing enough. sure love having time to get breakfast going and crying through the morning so i go to work hungry instead

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Was just lambasted by a group of modelers for daring to buy a recast. For those not in the GK hobby recasts are copies of original resin casts that either can't be bought anywhere anymore due to the licenses or are out of print. TBH I just wanted a little samurai figure to go with a model and it was $13 on Aliaexpress. I had no idea it was copy but recasts are pretty acceptable in the anime GK world - apparently not the sci fic one :( I felt pretty horrible being told "I'm killing the hobby" by buying my one little figure. And now I'm a little scared to speak in this discord. Guess I'll lie low for abit. :(

Shadowlands

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Spammers are getting creepier. We’ve had a few cases latetly, all from Russia, where the poster clearly understands WoW, or maybe has been given a script to post that suggests they do, but then posts links to a Russian online store at the bottom of their posts.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Wain wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:45 pm Spammers are getting creepier. We’ve had a few cases latetly, all from Russia, where the poster clearly understands WoW, or maybe has been given a script to post that suggests they do, but then posts links to a Russian online store at the bottom of their posts.
Yeah i noticed that too.... kinda spooky when they get so "good"

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig