Rant Thread

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Rawr »

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/bad-boy BadBoy: Spam Blocker & Reporter, used it sense like wrath for gold spammers, you can set it up to auto block words so you never see them (it puts the ppl on ur ignore list) is very good, 10/10 would download again. :D Hope this helps. :mrgreen:

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I'm posting here because I dont want to keep posting on the threads that are being created....
But I'm REALLY REALLY sad to see one of the Petopians that has been here for a bit of time having been hacked and being used for spam :C
It really sucks because I know no one wants to shut down that account in case the real person comes back.
People who steal accounts are awful. I hope the REAL person is doing okay at least.

Siggy under construction!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Anyone know them i rl/other wayvof communication? It really sad to see..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

another known account with spam... i fear if it happens to me now... do we know what causes this?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Two older accounts appear to have been compromised, lately.

As I posted on the other thread:

It is a bit worrying! But unless I missed some, we've only had two long-term accounts hacked, I think. Or have there been more?

If they hacked our database I would have expected signs of many more accounts compromised. Assuming it's just been the two, it could be a situation where a virus or phishing tool is going around that (among other things) looks for your phpbb board account info. It's also possible a password list has been leaked, perhaps specifically related to boards, so if you use the same password for multiple boards I really, really suggest you change it now. But it's safest to change it regardless :)

I've let our sysadmin know, just to be safe, but I'm so far not worried that the hack is on our end.

Oh, and it looks like one of the two accounts hasn't been active here since 2021, so I deactivated her account. Not deleted or banned - it just means she needs to go through an activation process before she can use it again.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

%€€==#€€#÷@@#€€ lift broke..office closed until tomorrow...how on earth do i get ny wheelchair up 3 stores...
Gggrrrtt no idea what to do /cry :? :cry:

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Is there anyone that can help you? :(
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Dewclaw wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:10 pm Is there anyone that can help you? :(
Nope... still no solution ..suuuxs. good to have friends to stay with..but still..

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Well, try to make the best of it and have a good time at your sleepover.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Dewclaw wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:42 pm Well, try to make the best of it and have a good time at your sleepover.
It's fixed now and we are home /yay :D

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

yay! :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Dementia suxs... just tried to have a talk with a friend eho has it. I know it's the disease talking but words can really hurt.
I hate disapointing ppl and I feel worthless and a bad person... like I dont do enough.. I cant do what I should do due to health problems.. suxs..
I feel better tomorrow just needed to rant... can't yell at a sick person eventhough i want to... :|

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Dementia is a horrible disease. I'm sorry your friend is dealing with it. :(
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

yeah its so bad.. she lashes out and says some really bad things.. then she regrets the day after and send lots of msg saying she loves me.. and then she forgets and repeats it all over... Horrible disease...

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Just try to remind yourself she doesn't mean it. {{{{{hugs}}}}
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I know she doesnt. i know is the disease which is talking. I feel more bad for her than for me... she pushes everyone away .. not many can handle her angry nature.. I will endure. I love her. I will be there until she dies no matter how hard she pushes or how mean she becomes. I will remember her like she was and be there for her. NO matter now hard it will be

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Lost some of my spiritual family today... shooting in Germany in one of our kingdom halls..
:cry:

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

The story is so sad, so senseless. And the poor mother who lost her unborn baby. :(
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Yeah.. :cry:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

. Pneumonia again.... nothing helps. Been to hospital, got medicin and i still get it .. havent been outside just opened a window for 3 min to get some fresh air and BAM im sick again...