Anyone Here Good With Old Animes?

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Anyone Here Good With Old Animes?

Unread post by Rawr »

By old I mean mid 90's-ish, anyways I don't know the name of it or any character's name that's in it, all I can give you is a detailed (sort of) description of a seen from what I remember from the 1st episode (mind you I only saw this part and only once, about 17 years ago). I'm hoping someone out there can tell the name or anything would be helpful.

This is how it started; Toonomi on Cartoon Network was doing week long tribute to giant robots so Mon-Fri they would show movies like Gundum Wing: The Endless Waltz and Blue Submarine No. 6 (love them both), but they would also show the 1st episode from many different Anime series that had giant robots in them. For some reason (I think I had a piano lesson) I missed the second half of this episode (and like the 1st 5 min too) of this show.

Ok here's what I remember about it; there was a boy, like young teens I'm thinking, who was trying to hide from the adults (not being where he should be, not like hiding in a closet) when he was found they brought him to this (I'm going to say it office building) the whole time he was making a big deal of how did not want to do what it was they were asking him to do (he really didn't want to get in that giant robot). So after much debate (I think) they said he didn't have to and that they would use the last driver. They brought out the last driver (I think it was a girl) she was wheeled out on a gurney all rapped in bandages and had an IV going and everything. The boy felt bad (I guess) and decided to drive the thing that almost killed the last kid. When he gets in the cockpit its starts to fill up with this brownish yellow liquid and he panics. The adults tell him he can breath it in, he takes a breath and says "I think I'm going to be sick." Then something happens to the robot's face, can't really remember this part but it (the robot) ends up like coming alive and ripping off the "mask" part and when it does it reveals an organic human looking eye. Then I had to leave.

Can anyone help me out, it's been really bugging me that I can't find this show, and I'm not sure why either. Any help figuring this out would be great, thanks :mrgreen:

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Anyone Here Good With Old Animes?

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wow....I actually wish I knew cause....I wanna see this. Only robot cartoons I remember on Toonami were Cyborg 009 and Kikaider(well Kikaider was on Adult swim).

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

>_> Why am I even posting when I'm supposed to be a lurker.

But yes, this sounds like Neo Genesis Evangelion, at least no other mecha series that has a protesting pilot comes to mind. Would have suggested Bokurano but that is a newer series that was released few years back (and still running in manga form?).
Last edited by Sonata on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Khadgar EU

Unread post by Nili »

Yeah I wanna say Neo Genesis as well especially cause of the fluid you could breath.

Thanks to Zhuge for the pretty siggy and avatarz
Nili's cavez Wishlist: Nilia Pgymy.CB Thunder. CB Daydream.
realm: 179 (hunter: 10)

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Neo Genesis Evangelion isn't something they would show on Toonomi (I don't think, I'll look it up to see for sure(They did run Blue Sub No.6 so.....)), and they only showed this one episode once, so it wasn't a running thing. Well drat, this anime seems to be a real mystery, thanks for the suggestions though, I think I shall go drown my sorrows in cheddar Jack Cheez-its and Reboot reruns. I bbl :mrgreen:

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *passes out*

THAT'S IT! :headbang: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU GUYS! :hug: Neo Genesis Evangelion isn't going to turn out like one of those other animes I lost the name to and spent forver and a half looking for buy hand (Blue Submarine No.6, Chrono Crusade to name a few) EEEEEEEEEK! SO EXCITED, Reboot will have to be put on hold for now :P :mrgreen:

Update: F*** my life Netflicks only has the movies on DvD, lame....... :| Damn, I'll have to watch it in parts on Youtube (also lame) but I'm so happy that I really don't care right now :lol: thanks again guys :mrgreen:

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Rawr wrote:EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *passes out*

THAT'S IT! :headbang: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU GUYS! :hug: Neo Genesis Evangelion isn't going to turn out like one of those other animes I lost the name to and spent forver and a half looking for buy hand (Blue Submarine No.6, Chrono Crusade to name a few) EEEEEEEEEK! SO EXCITED, Reboot will have to be put on hold for now :P :mrgreen:

Update: F*** my life Netflicks only has the movies on DvD, lame....... :| Damn, I'll have to watch it in parts on Youtube (also lame) but I'm so happy that I really don't care right now :lol: thanks again guys :mrgreen:
Ah that anime has been change so much I gave up haha XD Seriosly that guy needs to stop changing it!

Glad to see another Chrono Crusade fan :D and by Reboot you mean the old school 3D one about the guys in the computer right? That was boss. (Boss as in good not a boss :lol:)

Last I heard the movies have the same plot as the show they just flow better.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

You should try the new Evangelion they're doing. They've only released 2 movies so far, but I've quite enjoyed them both (been an Eva fan for several years). Rebuild of Evangelion it's called...the animation is beautiful, the story changed (it starts off the same, but then starts to go a different route). Plus I like Shinji's character way more in the Rebuild lol.

I wouldn't say the same plot, there's quite a few changes, especially when you get to the second movie. I guess the bare basics are the same as the original series, but that's about it. I didn't feel like I was watching the old series again.
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Ok, so my boyfriend says he can get me all of Neo Genesis Evangelion, and I'm like EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
*passes out* :headbang:

Well after all that I went back to watch the rest of ReBoot......... OMG I'M GOING TO DIE! :shock: They ended the 4th season with a cliffhanger and then canceled the show AND they killed off my favorite character! :cry: I miss Hex, she was the coolest character ever. :headbang: :mrgreen: