Blue hair dying

Chakori
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Blue hair dying

Unread post by Chakori »

Odd off topic I know c:
But recently I have been talking to friends about 'Cons and such and the color of my hair. Which takes me to my topic!
I am currently a red head ... And I mean red head :) But I would love to dye my hair like a baby blue? Like this color being the darkest? Well a blue hair color like Touwa Erio from Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko.Like here! Yes! High chance I will cosplay as her sad to admit but that's just me :)
Anyways anyone have any advice on how to dye my hair such a light shade and help keep it light?

Also even though I am aware that I would have to bleach my hair please don't feel like you don't need to add it for all I know you might have some super awesome way to dye very red hair to very bleached blonde that a idiot like me won't know about!?
And before someone thinks I am just doing this for a cosplay nope ... I mean for keeps ... For a very long time! Why ... Recently alot of my clothes are a pastel colors and I feel like that shade of blue would suit it :)

Thank you in advice for those able to help ... Hopefully someone out there knows the perfect shade I need :D

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Blue hair dying

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I'm afraid this dates me, but the first thing I thought of when I saw your thread title was this song. Sorry, I don't actually have any helpful advice :)
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

Ok. I have major advice to give you. I've dyed my hair blue. 1) as you know, you do have to bleach it. Red doesn't come out that easily though, so do it several times, if you want a nice good bleach. 2) Blue doesn't stay in for long, sadly. It easily fades to green or purple really fast. So, if you want that color for a long time, you'll have to re-dye your hair blue (just the dye, not the bleach) multiple times. 3) When you want to re-dye your hair a different color, bleach the blue out a lot. When it fades to green or purple, it doesn't like to come out. But, if you just do one bleach, you would get this cool, sea-green color.

Overall, blue is a fun color to do, but it takes a lot of effort, and requires multiple re-dying. Have fun!

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Just as an added tip, since coloured dyes like that never last very long, you can save some and mix it into your shampoo, that way you're reapplying some dye each time you wash your hair. It's not going to extend the dye life by an incredible amount, but it does help keep it fairly fresh for a while longer.

Try not to wash your hair too often, as it's going to fade faster if you do. I also like to rinse my hair with vinegar immediately after dyeing, just make a mixture of vinegar and water and pour it on your hair after you're washed the dye out and comb it through. It helps preserve it a bit as well.