Favourite quote

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Re: Favourite quote

Unread post by Redith »

Ah, yes, divorce, from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet.
Robin Williams
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I heard a savant say this once I wish I could remember his name.
"Every disability comes with a corresponding gift...if only we can find it."

And then there's always my fav
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Einstein
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

"The world isn't split into good people and Deatheaters, we've all got both light and dark in us, what matters is the path we choose to act on. That's who we really are." - Sirius Black

I'm a huge HP nerd, and this is possibly the best quote I've ever heard.

As a football player, this also rings as one of my favorite quotes.

"No, it ain't, coach. In all due respect, you demanded more of us. You demanded perfection. Now, I ain't saying that I'm perfect, 'cause I'm not. And I ain't gunna never be. None of us are. But we have won every single game we have played till now. So this team is perfect. We stepped out on that field that way tonight. And, if it's all the same to you, Coach Boone, that's how we wanna leave it." Remember the Titans

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Corpsebryde
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garona

Unread post by Corpsebryde »

I hope in posting this quote that I don't offend anyone. I'm simply posting it because it speaks to me and my spiritual beliefs.

"If you take [a copy of] the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain, soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone. Our bible IS the wind and the rain”
- spoken by an anonymous Native American woman

"Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents,
it was loaned to you by your children.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children.
We are more than the sum of our knowledge, we are the products of our imagination. "

Ancient Proverb

And being a cat fanatic I have to include some of my favorites pertaining to them:

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat."
- Mark Twain

With the qualities of cleanliness, affection, patience, dignity, and courage that cats have, how many of us, I ask you, would be capable of becoming cats?
- Fernand Mery

The smallest feline is a masterpiece.
- Leonardo da Vinci

The dog may be wonderful prose, but only the cat is poetry.
French Proverb

Avatar by Moonlost; Signature by Sookie
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." -- Sam Keen
Last edited by Niabi on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

"The thing about gods is that they're notoriously unmeasurable." -Mr. Olsted, physics teacher

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Double post.

"Butterflies can’t see their wings. They can’t see how truly beautiful they are, but everyone else can. People are like that as well."

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

Favorite quotes... 99% of them seem to slip my mind, but....
“Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?”
Just makes my head spin every time. I like it.
"I didn't fail, I found 2,000 ways how not to make a light bulb; I only need to find one way to make it work."
I only wish I was that optimistic.

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

my favorite is this one...

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

And my other favorite is

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional"

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

Ceravan wrote:my favorite is this one...

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"
I've always liked that saying as well :mrgreen:

Flight Rising

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

One I like, which has no attribution, is one I read on a forum more than 15 years ago:

"Life has no meaning, you just have to live as though it does."

It wasn't meant to be cynical, but rather to point out that even if life did have a "meaning" we aren't truly capable of determining it. But having Purpose is still very important in living a fulfilling life. I like that.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

Not really an inspiration quote, but I've always liked, and mind you this is long remembered fragment thing, but "In the city, where angels fear to hover and devils come to croon, the lady Night lets down her black narcotic hair under a yellow opium moon." Just like the rich imagery that it calls up.

Some more neat ones.

"Education is the sudden realization of our own ignorance."

"This is not a simulation; actual people were hurt for your enjoyment."

"When you want to succeed as badly as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Jangalian wrote:Not really an inspiration quote, but I've always liked, and mind you this is long remembered fragment thing, but "In the city, where angels fear to hover and devils come to croon, the lady Night lets down her black narcotic hair under a yellow opium moon." Just like the rich imagery that it calls up.
Ooh, a very memorable line from The Crow. :) I've always been fond of it as well.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

“This is about all the bad days in the world. I used to have some little bad days, and I kept them in a little box. And one day, I threw them out into the yard. "Oh, it's just a couple little innocent bad days." Well, we had a big rain. I don't know what it was growing in but I think we used to put eggshells out there and coffee grounds, too. Don't plant your bad days. They grow into weeks. The weeks grow into months. Before you know it you got yourself a bad year. Take it from me. Choke those little bad days. Choke 'em down to nothin'. They're your days. Choke 'em!”
― Tom Waits

“My kids are starting to notice I'm a little different from the other dads. "Why don't you have a straight job like everyone else?" they asked me the other day.

I told them this story:
In the forest, there was a crooked tree and a straight tree. Every day, the straight tree would say to the crooked tree, "Look at me...I'm tall, and I'm straight, and I'm handsome. Look at you...you're all crooked and bent over. No one wants to look at you." And they grew up in that forest together. And then one day the loggers came, and they saw the crooked tree and the straight tree, and they said, "Just cut the straight trees and leave the rest." So the loggers turned all the straight trees into lumber and toothpicks and paper. And the crooked tree is still there, growing stronger and stranger every day.”
― Tom Waits
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

-- Marilyn Monroe

Flight Rising

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

"For Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread." The last line in a poem by Alexander Pope called An essay on criticism, 1709.

"It's often just enough to be with someone. I don't need to touch them. Not even talk. A feeling passes between you both. You're not alone." Marilyn Monroe

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." George Carlin

"Yes, I guess you could say I am a loner, but I feel more lonely in a crowed room with boring people than I feel on my own." Henry Rollins (Sums up me for most of my life.)

"I don't want to be alone, I want to be left alone." Audrey Hepburn (Sums up me for most of the day.)

"Hey, do you mind if I tell you a story? One you might not have heard. All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. After so, so many millions of years these elements came together to form new stars and new planets. And on and on it went. The elements came together and burst apart forming shoes and ships and sealing wax and cabbages and kings. Until, eventually, they came together to make you. You are unique in the universe." Doctor Who
(Yeah I know it's sad I'm quoting Doctor Who but I really like this one. He is talking to a little girl about to sacrifice herself to a monster and telling her that there is one of each of us and there will never be another like us, ever again.) "Getting rid of that existence isn't a sacrifice, it is a waste!" (I think that applies to everyone.)

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night." Edgar Allan Poe

"That pleasure which is at once the most pure, the most elevating and the most intense, is derived, I maintain, from the contemplation of the beautiful." Edgar Allan Poe

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe (This one always makes me smile.)

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely." John Emerich Edward Dalberg-Acton

"We will never have true civilization until we have learned to recognize the rights of others." Will Rogers

These are my favorites, well most of them but listing all of them would take up most of the post's page. :lol: :mrgreen:

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

"He was thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music" -A quote I read a long time ago

"Dance as if there is no-one watching, and you will dance your truest" - cant remember

"You are never to old to enjoy the things that make you happy, and never let anyone make you believe otherwise." -Something I tell people who say I am (or someone else) is to old to like something.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon

“Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company.” -- Mark Twain

Flight Rising

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Dalaran - US

Unread post by Helsinki »

"I believe there are monsters born in the world to human parents…. They are accidents and no one’s fault, as used to be thought. Once they were considered the visible punishments for concealed sins. And just as there are physical monsters, can there not be mental or psychic monsters born? The face and body may be perfect, but if a twisted gene or a malformed egg can produce physical monsters, may not the same process produce a malformed soul? ...to a monster, the norm must seem monstrous since everyone is normal to himself…. To a man born without conscience, a soul-stricken man must seem ridiculous. To a criminal, honesty is foolish." -John Steinbeck, East of Eden

Applicable to everyday life and goals: "Plough deep while sluggards sleep."
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary