Apocalypse cosplay outfit help

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Apocalypse cosplay outfit help

Unread post by Redith »

So for this Con I plan on going as either a Zombie Apocalypse survivor or just a general survivor. Any one have any advice on what I should wear, what props I should have, any comments would be helpful.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Apocalypse cosplay outfit help

Unread post by Makoes »

Well, in order to initiate a proper head-shot double tap (standard zombie kill method) a good choice in fire-arms is top priority! It is also a good idea to have a survival kit (band-aids, non perishable foods, water, rope etc) in a handy (and usually worn) burlap sack. For those hand to hand moments, a good bear knife or such makes a handy weapon, or the standard baseball bat for a game of zombie ball. Some worn out holy (see what I did there XD) clothing adds a nice touch, as well as the usual BO from lack of hygiene (compared to zombies, everyone smells like roses!) baseball cap to keep uncut hair out of the face, and a couple scarves for those quick triage's. A mini-radio to keep in touch with other survivors (you cant be the only one who tripped a buddy to get away right?), along with a trust flare gun.

And Always remember:

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Turgus
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravencrest

Re: Apocalypse cosplay outfit help

Unread post by Turgus »

If you are going for "realism" I have a few suggestions.

Anyone that has survived the first few weeks of the Apocalypse will have the proper gear and are properly armed.
(being able to survive the elements and the zombies or other survivors)

Being able to survive the elements is the most important thing.
A survivor will not be wearing any cotton cloths, but instead clothing made of some other substance like nylon.
A good set of waterproof boots and non-cotton socks are also a must.
A waterproof jacket of some sort, and a non-cotton hat and gloves (maybe fingerless.)
You can add a pair of goggles, dust mask, or other stuff if you want as well.
Also the clothing can be a variety of colors but it is important that they do not stand out. (reds, yellows, etc)
Of course the actual clothing is up to you, but those are my suggestions.

The second most important thing for a survivor is having a good set of weapons.

A baseball bat is not enough, you will need a solid primary weapon, a shotgun is a good choice and a backup weapon, which a handgun preferably a 9 mm fits nicely. Use an air-soft gun or a toy.
A final melee weapon is also good to have in case you run out of bullets, I would personally suggest a hatchet or an ax as it is functional for a great deal more than just being a weapon.

Gear-wise you will need a good backpack, one that is a muted color and waterproof. Your gear could be just about anything you can think of and think you would want. (rope, candles, lighters, survival blanket, etc) Toilet paper will probably be the currency used by survivors, so a roll or two would be good as well.

Just remember the last thing that makes up a successful survivor, being quick and agile on your feet.

So regardless of what gear and weapons you select make sure that you pack it on yourself so you can go into a dead sprint with it on and having everything nicely packed so you don't get snagged on something while running through a dilapidated building.

My suggestions.