HELP!!! (Mature Content, only SERIOUS POSTS PLEASE)

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

HELP!!! (Mature Content, only SERIOUS POSTS PLEASE)

Unread post by Lazurianis »

I was talking to my Girlfriend yesterday and she informed me her Ex is being released from prison at the end of the month. He was charged for very high charges (They will not be mentioned). She has a restraining order on file and I'm concerned for her safety because I am afraid he is going to do something while I'm not looking. PLEASE HELP.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: HELP!!! (Mature Content, only SERIOUS POSTS PLEASE)

Unread post by Lisaara »

Well first things first, you need to calm down. Panicking will only make things worse, trust me.

Second, she's got a restraining order on the dude. I'd say that's a good sign.

Third, You can try and see if there's anyway to relocate or go under something similar to witness protection program.

Finally, you can't prevent everything but you do need to not let it hang over your head and fear for your life everywhere you look. You should live life normally but becareful who you give information to.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Alright, I appreciate your support. I'll look into it, thank you.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

It's all good. We're here for you. *hugs* Everything will work out okay. What will be will be. :3

LisaaraPokefarm

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Thank you, I am just concerned for her sake at the moment.

― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

My sister teaches a women's self defense class. Perhaps you could talk her in to taking one? There is an organization called RAD that most colleges use which offers them free to all women student or otherwise. I wouldn't allow yourself to get so worried it chagnes your life,but keep the normal safety precautions in mind locking doors, making sure tools like shovels or rakes are locked away in a shed or garrage not laying aorund outside when not in use, make sure at least one person knows where you are if you are going out, and keep a cell phone within reach.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Bulletdance wrote:My sister teaches a women's self defense class. Perhaps you could talk her in to taking one? There is an organization called RAD that most colleges use which offers them free to all women student or otherwise. I wouldn't allow yourself to get so worried it chagnes your life,but keep the normal safety precautions in mind locking doors, making sure tools like shovels or rakes are locked away in a shed or garrage not laying aorund outside when not in use, make sure at least one person knows where you are if you are going out, and keep a cell phone within reach.
Very sound advice. I agree. Self defense classes are fantastic. Maybe even keep pepper spray on you at all times.

LisaaraPokefarm

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

To Update:

Everything is going okay, we just celebrated our 1 Month Anniversary ^_^

The police confirmed that he was released from jail for some time ago, however they did speak with him and said he is not allowed in the town at all. But we are still trying to work things out, because she still is paranoid about everything, which I can't blame her. But I appreciate all of your advice, I am sorry I could not get back to you sooner, she was in the hospital yesterday so I had to make sure she was okay. (Continue Reading if you want to know why) I appreciate all of your support and caring! You all have made a difference in her safety and mine.

~Laz

Yesterday, my girlfriend wanted to give blood, because she has a rare blood type O Negative. Despite she has a deathly fear of needles, she gets props from me for facing her fear. She wanted me at the blood drive. So I willingly went, but I made sure she wanted to do this, she insisted and we went in. After about, twenty minutes, they laid her on the table to give blood. She was only supposed to give one bag. Of course, as they prepped her she became increasingly nervous as the anticipation built on her. I told her to just look at me and to breath in and out. After the needle penetrated the skin and she began giving blood, we spoke for a few moments, and the nurse told me that she was going to get another nurse because she was off-shift. But as time passed, she was fine, until in the middle of talking, she said "I'm think i'm going to be sick." Bear in mind, this was VERY abrupt. I did not see it coming, and I called for the Team Supervisor, he gathered four other nurses to treat her, she was marked as a Short-Term Faint. And was immediately removed from the needle. The supervisor had instructed the other nurses to give her sugar. During this time, she was coughing in a bag, and from what she told me, she passed out, I didn't notice because she continued to cough. After coming back too, she was sweating. Heavily. As noticing that she was also pale. They gave her both Orange and Grape Juice and began administering make-shift ice packs to her forehead, neck, and wrists. She had a hard time keeping her eyes open, at this point we tried to continue to make sure her eyes stayed open. This took many attempts because she took a few seconds to do so. At this point I was terrified, for her health. After a few minutes, color was restored back to her face and she stopped sweating. The supervisor had instructed her to go to the foam mat to sit down and rest for a few more minutes. While sitting up, she did fine for about five minutes, until she said that she felt she was going to be sick again. I got the supervisor's attention again and they re-administered the makeshift ice packs to her forehead, neck, and wrists. The same process took place, she became near unresponsive to our requests to keep her eyes open. After another five minutes the instructor had suggested for her to go back to her class. As she was feeling better. So we made our way back to the class, and not even five feet down the hall way, she almost collapses, she does not respond this time. However her eyes are open. We finally get her to respond and I got the supervisor once again. We brought her on a stretcher back inside, and the supervisor had told me and her that if she did not feel better within a half hour, we are going to bring her to a hospital. At that point I had told the supervisor I needed to go explain to my instructor that there was a medical emergency and I would be late. Well, I could not find my instructor, he was not in his room. I began searching for him and said i'd go and check on her again, before I searched anymore. Well, she lay there, on the stretcher and she looks up at me, pale, and weak and tells me "I threw up. A lot, more than normal." The instructor explained to me that he was calling an ambulance, he was not waiting any longer. So she was put into the hospital and they had explained to us that she had mild shock from the blood drive. She gave too much blood. (Bear in mind we had no nurse watching her) So, she is currently still recovering but doing better. I am happy she is doing better but they have it on her medical record she is not allowed to do anymore blood drives.

― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Oh goodness! sounds like the 'blood drive' ya'll went to, they weren't doing their jobs properly. :/ I'm glad she's okay. she was very brave. I know how she feel. I can't stand needles.

LisaaraPokefarm

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Junrei wrote:Oh goodness! sounds like the 'blood drive' ya'll went to, they weren't doing their jobs properly. :/ I'm glad she's okay. she was very brave. I know how she feel. I can't stand needles.
I agree it was unfortunate that they weren't :l but thank you, i'm making sure she's in good condition at all times. Haha and I agree, I hate needles with a passion. :lol:

Thank you again for your support, i'm sure she'd appreciate it as much as I do :hug:

― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Lazurianis wrote:
Junrei wrote:Oh goodness! sounds like the 'blood drive' ya'll went to, they weren't doing their jobs properly. :/ I'm glad she's okay. she was very brave. I know how she feel. I can't stand needles.
I agree it was unfortunate that they weren't :l but thank you, i'm making sure she's in good condition at all times. Haha and I agree, I hate needles with a passion. :lol:

Thank you again for your support, i'm sure she'd appreciate it as much as I do :hug:
They're lucky you didn't sock em for being so irresponsible. They could've done some serious damage not only to her but to the rep of the blood drive too. Needles are evil!

Not a problem. :3 Just trying to be a friend and all. :hug:

LisaaraPokefarm

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Junrei wrote:
Lazurianis wrote:

They're lucky you didn't sock em for being so irresponsible. They could've done some serious damage not only to her but to the rep of the blood drive too. Needles are evil!

Not a problem. :3 Just trying to be a friend and all. :hug:
Hahahaha yeah, I thought about it but it was her place to do that, I was only an eyewitness. Yeah, the possibilities are endless to what could have happened to her. And the blood drive at the same time might become more distrusted because of it. AGREED. Needles = Bad News.

Thank you, :) lol I again appreciate your support :D

― R. Adm. Jay Stark