The Twelfth Doctor

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

The Twelfth Doctor

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Picture says it all.

I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: The Twelfth Doctor

Unread post by Lupis »

I think I'm really happy with this choice. I've been waiting for another stern looking, serious doctor and I hope this guy does the job. Plus he looks older and craggier, perfect for the 12th regeneration. I might even start watching the show again!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

/twitch. I. So. Excited. Cannot wait to see how he does AND HE'S SCOTTISH. I LOVE SCOTTISH ACCENTS! He reminds me of a cross of Craig Ferguson and Dr. House. :lol:

Nevish
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Thunderhorn

Unread post by Nevish »

I might actually start enjoying the show again!

dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: ghostlands

Unread post by dragonaa »

just saw this and i think they made a good choice perfect for the current storyline i loved matt smith but i know he had to go sometime cant wait to see where they go from here

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Ah I wonder how many times he'll drop the C-bomb in the first ep :P

That's a joke only someone who knows him would get :lol:
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Doctress wrote:/twitch. I. So. Excited. Cannot wait to see how he does AND HE'S SCOTTISH. I LOVE SCOTTISH ACCENTS! He reminds me of a cross of Craig Ferguson and Dr. House. :lol:
Will he be using his accent tho? David did not use his scottish one.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

SWEET! An older and quite dapper gent!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Ah guys any one on Tumblr should bunker down there is bound to be heaps of long ass rants about him not being coloured or female. Off to the bunker!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

cowmuflage wrote:Ah guys any one on Tumblr should bunker down there is bound to be heaps of long ass rants about him not being coloured or female. Off to the bunker!
And prepare for the rest of us to do the collective eye roll for people being stupid like that(though most on FB didn't want him to be female at all).

:roll:

LisaaraPokefarm

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Junrei wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:Ah guys any one on Tumblr should bunker down there is bound to be heaps of long ass rants about him not being coloured or female. OR young. Off to the bunker!
And prepare for the rest of us to do the collective eye roll for people being stupid like that(though most on FB didn't want him to be female at all).

There Cow, fixed your quote. I've seen "He's a Grandpa wtf." all over social media today and it just.. It just..

STOP. JUDGING. BEFORE. YOU. GIVE. HIM. A. CHANCE. K. THNX.

And to Junrei

^ This, I don't have anything against women(for goodness sakes I am one)I just personally, ME PERSONALLY, feel the Doctor should be a man. It just feels right to me that way but I cant really stand when people do that.. Like if its justified? Sure, but I'm sure it took them FOREVER to even pick the 12th Doctor and settle on someone they felt could fill the role.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Doctress wrote:
Junrei wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:Ah guys any one on Tumblr should bunker down there is bound to be heaps of long ass rants about him not being coloured or female. OR young. Off to the bunker!

There Cow, fixed your quote. I've seen "He's a Grandpa wtf." all over social media today and it just.. It just..

STOP. JUDGING. BEFORE. YOU. GIVE. HIM. A. CHANCE. K. THNX.

And to Junrei

^ This, I don't have anything against women(for goodness sakes I am one)I just personally, ME PERSONALLY, feel the Doctor should be a man. It just feels right to me that way but I cant really stand when people do that.. Like if its justified? Sure, but I'm sure it took them FOREVER to even pick the 12th Doctor and settle on someone they felt could fill the role.
Agreed on both accounts. Personally, I think the older guy looks quite swanky and he has an impressive resume(look him up on IMBd). Doesn't need to be young to be considered attractive or a decent actor(Shit isn't RDJ in his 40s or 50s now?). And yeah, while I know Timelords arent set in their genders, the Doctor, personally for me, should stay male.

LisaaraPokefarm

Angerfang
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore,Stormrage,

Unread post by Angerfang »

ANYONE is better than Matt Smith... that being said i really liked peter in Torchwood
Nevish
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Nevish »

Junrei wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:Ah guys any one on Tumblr should bunker down there is bound to be heaps of long ass rants about him not being coloured or female. Off to the bunker!

It's a valid frustration. While I like Peter Capaldi, I was also mildly disheartened when I saw that the Doctor was going to be another generic looking white British guy. However, despite the fact that I'd like the Doctor to be a woman or a person of colour (or both), I do NOT want Moffat in control of that character. So, it's off to waiting again until the next Doctor.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I don't think I could get behind a female doctor. I just can't see him as one *shrug*
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nevish wrote:
Junrei wrote:

It's a valid frustration. While I like Peter Capaldi, I was also mildly disheartened when I saw that the Doctor was going to be another generic looking white British guy. However, despite the fact that I'd like the Doctor to be a woman or a person of colour (or both), I do NOT want Moffat in control of that character. So, it's off to waiting again until the next Doctor.
Wasn't saying it wasn't valid. It's just there's a difference between people being genuinely disappointed and people just whining for the sake of doing so(WoW is no different in those terms either). And he's not British. He's Scottish. :P David Tennant was Scottish too I think.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Yup David Tennant was a Scot
Nevish
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Nevish »

Junrei wrote: Wasn't saying it wasn't valid. It's just there's a difference between people being genuinely disappointed and people just whining for the sake of doing so(WoW is no different in those terms either). And he's not British. He's Scottish. :P David Tennant was Scottish too I think.
Eh, I'd like to think that sometimes the whining and genuine disappointment go hand in hand when you know you're powerless to stop something from happening, but you're still holding out on the small hope that it'll change. It'll stop soon enough, at any rate.

And, really? After a while all of BBC becomes a giant blur of Union Jacks and thick accents for me. U_U

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nevish wrote:
Junrei wrote: Wasn't saying it wasn't valid. It's just there's a difference between people being genuinely disappointed and people just whining for the sake of doing so(WoW is no different in those terms either). And he's not British. He's Scottish. :P David Tennant was Scottish too I think.
Eh, I'd like to think that sometimes the whining and genuine disappointment go hand in hand when you know you're powerless to stop something from happening, but you're still holding out on the small hope that it'll change. It'll stop soon enough, at any rate.

And, really? After a while all of BBC becomes a giant blur of Union Jacks and thick accents for me. U_U
You can express disappointment without the tantrums and whining. But I've already seen one person threatening to boycott Doctor Who cause it's not a woman or colored person. I just wanna :roll: at them cause that's just going overboard, imho.

Yup! Fun lil facts, no? and hey, I'm all for accents. XD

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

That's 99% of American tv for me. You ask me where in the states some random yank actor is from and I'd have no clue :lol:

I don't think it will go away anytime soon. Not on Tumblr it wont. That's a breeding whole that kind of person. It's kinda sad.

David Tennant's accent in the show is English tho. But that's acting!