What was the last movie you saw??

Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: What was the last movie you saw??

Unread post by Snowy »

Tårnfalk wrote:a million ways to die in the west... disappointed.. the language and the way to many references to sex/penises... it could have been a really funny movie and there WERE some funny moments but the language and the sex references ruined it for me
This is what ruins 90% of comedies for me these days. Sex/drug/fart jokes were funny when I was 10, not when I'm 22.

In better news though, Big Hero 6 is FINALLY out here in the UK and we're off to see it today! I'm not sure how I feel about it yet but I'll give my opinion when I'm back.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Tårnfalk wrote:a million ways to die in the west... disappointed.. the language and the way to many references to sex/penises... it could have been a really funny movie and there WERE some funny moments but the language and the sex references ruined it for me
I loved that film! my husband and I both thought it was hysterical.
but then, if you saw this without knowing who Seth MacFarlane was, then it's understandable.
everything about his humour is rude, about sex and blood and gore, and just really really twisted.

if I recall, the film also had a "restricted" rating because of the content, so definitely not a "family" movie.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Big Hero 6 was REALLY good. :D And for once... I liked a Fall Out Boy song, haha. Great soundtrack, great film overall. Still didn't enjoy it as much as Wreck It Ralph though. ;)

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

I absolutely adored Big Hero 6 :) I personally thought it hit the Wreck It Ralph level of awesomeness haha! I love both so much

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Big hero 6.. awwwww :hug: :hug: now thats my kind of movie

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

We saw Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) on the weekend. I really liked it. I thought it would be more about him being the character in his head but i really like Michael Keaton and Edward Norton in this film. Its really arty and different.

We also saw Big Hero 6 and that was awesome too. Very wreck it ralph :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

The Kingsman. Like it was really good! Loved the legless henchwoman.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

fast n furious - one in the movies

BUT! we had to leave during the movie.. fire alarm went off 20mins during the movie.. about where they shown the guy dying in the car crash from tokyo drift.
we smelt smoke outside the cinema in sunybank - brisbane, so my bf, i didnt want to find out if it was a fire.. we bolted to the car and drove home.. welp ill be buying the dvd when it comes out >.<

5$ a movie ticket.. its not worth complaining to them about having to miss it.. lol
Last edited by Divixon on Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

I saw Kingsman last month and absolutely loved it :) Haven't enjoyed a movie that much since Big Hero 6. It was a really fun movie!

Just saw Chappie earlier today. I'm not a big fan of the man's work (he did District 9, which I liked the concept of and the design of the aliens but I don't like how he executed it) but I liked Chappie for the most part. I will probably never watch it again though. It pulled at to many heart strings and I hated almost all the characters at one point during the movie except for Chappie and his maker.

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Battle Royale 2 - didn't even know this exsisted till we saw it in JBHiFi. It was ok but I think I prefered the first one. Always watch the quiet one though, she defiantly going to fuck things up! :D

Shadowlands

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Guardians of the Galaxy.. entertaining.. but not with alot of substance.. but i kinda like that :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Castile wrote:We saw Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) on the weekend. I really liked it. I thought it would be more about him being the character in his head but i really like Michael Keaton and Edward Norton in this film. Its really arty and different.

We also saw Big Hero 6 and that was awesome too. Very wreck it ralph :)
Rented Birdman and for the life of me can't figure out how it won best picture. The acting was top notch from everyone but the story stunk and the camera work looked like it was done by an amateur with a camcorder. I gave it 2.5 stars on Vudu. Only because of the acting.

I rented A Million Ways To Die In The West a while ago too and thought it was hilarious. I didn't much like Ted but A Million Ways was much better.

I don't like any of the animated movies and never watch them more than about a minute.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

I had to hunt this thing down XD

I lose track of what movies I've watched x.x Of course I saw Age of Ultron. I liked it, but I feel like I need to rewatch it in order to get a more definite opinion of it. I watched Pitch Perfect 1 because all my coworkers told me to. It was good I guess, but not amazing or anything imo. i wanted to see Ex Machina but my bf wanted to see Hot Pursuit instead /sigh. Hot Pursuit was short and funny though, which I liked. It wasn't HILARIOUS but the shortness of the movie was a major plus and it was still funny. I get tired of 2-3hour movies after awhile and Hot Pursuit was a good 90minutes long. I've probably seen some other movies since Kingsman, but I can't think of them right now. CAN'T WAIT FOR JURASSIC WORLD OMG I watched the first 3 with my grandma when I was really little and I jokingly told her she needs to visit so we can watch this one together and NOW SHE'S COMING TO SEE THE PREMIER WITH ME AND I'M SO EXCITED BECAUSE DINOSAURS AND NOSTALGIA AND GRANDMA AND AHHHHHHH!!!

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Went to see "When Marnie Was There" at the cinema and it was really sad but good! Ghibli is still awesome after Haiyo has retired. The only down point is this girl with the biggest head ever sat right in front of me and sat bolt upright in the middle of the subtitles like seriously? Theres a whole empty row there but you choose to sit right in front of us. I almost said something but she slumped down after 20mins thank god...

Shadowlands

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I saw all the Mad Max's XD
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

The last of the hobbit trilogy.. and now im sad because there will be no more middle earth movies :( ...no other movies moves me the way that those movies had

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Does Eurovision count as a movie? XD
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I get to see Jurassic World on Sunday and I'm sooooo worried about it. D: It's not going to be all it's hyped up to be, I know that much, but a while ago I believe they promised robotics in the movie as well as CGI but from the looks of the 4385349530 trailers (I've basically seen the film at this point) it's 99% CGI which always makes me sad when they had other opportunities. When the director said he's going to 'ignore' the sequels (I like The Lost World... the third one was alright... o.O Never understood the hate) all I could think was, "Well, your movie better be pretty freaking good then."

It's also looking more like a spinoff than a sequel. As much as I like the concept of the Indominus Rex, in hindsight it's such a cop-out idea to grab attention. I just don't want this movie to be, "Chris Pratt's popular right now right? CGI is all the rage, right? And 3D? Yeah, let's make a dinosaur film, call it a sequel to Jurassic Park to build even more hype, and make the big bucks." That's what I'm really scared it'll be. D: And sorry for the rant about it but Jurassic Park is an important childhood movie to me, so if they butcher the series I'll not be all too pleased.

I'm going in with high hopes but low expectations.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Well it's pretty good and the Indominus Rex is not a cop-out idea it makes sense in the story people where getting bored of real dinos so they made one that was bigger and better then a real one because that's what the owner wanted. It's a proper sequel not a spinoff at all.

Indominus Rex is pretty great. I'd tell you what it's made out of but that would spoil a lot of it.

They also have a one off blink and you will miss it line about why the dinos are not realisticly feathered and I loved it.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Oh they do explain what Indominus is made from? That's pretty cool, I was kinda hoping they would explain it but never thought they actually would, lol.

As I say, I'm just worried that I'll be disappointed. I'm seeing it on Sunday so I'll comment how I felt about it after then. :)