What was the last movie you saw??

Cynarea
Realm: Stormrage

Re: What was the last movie you saw??

Unread post by Cynarea »

Home. At school our teacher let us watch Home when we didn't have anything to do since it was the Christmas week. I missed a lot of school that week so I got back and only watched maybe from the half way point, but I already watched it.

I think it was the day I got back from being sick that I bought my crush a hot chocolate at the bake sale. He was way too grateful, so cuuuute~

Any ways I don't know if that was the last movie I watched, I'm not a big movie nerd and if I do watch a movie it's because it's an anime movie or I was forced to.

"Nothing's perfect, the world's not perfect, but it's there for us, trying the best it can.
That's what makes it so damn beautiful." -Roy Mustang Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (2009 anime)

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Well, what movie have I seen last...?

At home, I'm right now pushing my way through all 8 Harry Potter movies again, but this time watching them in the original english language. (I'm from Germany.) Just finished "Prisoner of Azkaban" and move on to "Goblet of Fire" tonight.
In cinema, there was The Force Awakens, of course. As a Star Wars nerd who has actually seen Ep. 4 (the first SW movie ever) in the cinema in 1977, I naturally had to go see Ep. 7 too.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Theatre: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens. I really liked it. Like Jurz, it felt like A New Hope 2.0 to me, which wasn't a bad thing, because, to be frank, I found A New Hope to be a little on the boring side. ^_^;

Home: Over the weekend, I saw The Blues Brothers for the first time and really enjoyed it. The over-the-top humor is enjoyable without being annoying and Carrie Fisher's role was quite amusing. XD I'd definitely watch it again if I ever get the chance to.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

The last movie I saw was Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens. And then not even a week later, I saw it again. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Falconcrest wrote:I saw The Blues Brothers for the first time.

Yep, that's one hell of a movie. :headbang:
And just in case you didn't know:
  • The band really existed, toured and had some albums.
  • It's really Dan Akroyd and John Belushi singing, they formed the real band as well.
  • The actors are all the real band members.
  • There is a sequel called "Blues Brothers 2000" with John Goodman.
  • The sequel is not as good as the original but still worth watching.
  • John Goodman is one hell of a singer too!
Death_Dino
Realm: A lot of realms o.o

Unread post by Death_Dino »

Last movie I watched was Piglet's Big Movie from the Winnie the Pooh series.
MANLY TEARS
THE UNDEPASS HAS BEEN RAIDED BY DEMENTORS O NOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm literally going to crap a castle if I have to endure any more of this lameness!. -Harry Potter

I'M DISSAPOINTED IN U DERPYKERPY I HAD AN INTERVIEW 2 DAY AND THEY TOLD ME I WAS THE FATTEST CHICK THEYVE SEEN!
-Sir Topham Fat
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Watched the dark Crystal last night, my daughter had never seen it. She was a little creeped out but thought it hilarious that the boys don't have wings.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Watched the new Star Wars finally and i will probably get hate for this but i found the story a tad...predictable and underwhelming. It's like a carbon copy of episode 4 down the fatal design flaw of the big fuck off weapon. Don't get me wrong i liked it and I'm sure the hardcore fanbois did too (I liked there was more female villians) but yeah. Also the new sith needs to get more badass quick cause he kinda seemed abit weak in this...

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Saw Deadpool last night .....YAY

sergpus

Unread post by sergpus »

Last edited by sergpus on Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I decided to go see Batman vs Superman.

Liked parts of it.
Loathed parts of it (especially the horrible soundtrack).

It's like Snyder decided to sap all the fun out of the movie. It COULD have been a blast, but instead makes Schindler's List look like a feel-good movie.

There are some great action sequences, a few truly dramatic and gripping parts, some strong emotions here and there...
All counterbalanced with a constant dour feel to the film - no one cracks a single smile for two hours and 30 minutes (BTW, there's no after-credits scene, so don't sit in your seat like a fool waiting for one like I did). The whole thing gives the impression it is set in a world with no sun; it's just incredibly dark and cloudy and muddy all the time.

A brief word about the soundtrack: it is absolutely one of the worst soundtracks I've ever heard for such a large budget film. The music for Wonder Woman was so awful that I thought it was a joke and burst out laughing during the film.

Jesse Eisenberg's take on Lex Luthor starts out fine, if a bit grating (he's basically himself). But then, he just dives into the deep end and goes full-on psychopathic, to the extent that it's hard to believe the board of directors of LexCorp wouldn't have had him committed.

Two positives, I like Henry Cavill as Superman... a tiny bit too emo for my taste, but that's the way they've resurrected him for these movies.
And honestly, Ben Affleck makes an absolutely awesome Batman/Bruce Wayne (except the whole dour, depressive thing that Snyder imposed gets annoying).

Speaking of Wonder Woman... I am DYING to see her solo film. She looks promising.
There are three minuscule cameos by other Justice League members, but SO minuscule they may as well have been cut. They brought absolutely 0 to the proceedings.

The rest of the cast is functional.

I give it 5/10

I WOULD see it again, but not at the theatre.
Last edited by Sukurachi on Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

The Pool of Dead :lol: :mrgreen:

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

I saw the limited release anime film of The Boy and the Beast (subbed ver.) and it was pretty damn awesome. The director also did Wolf Children (which I also highly recommend) so I had high hopes going into this one and wasn't dissapointed. I won't spoil the plot for those wanting to see it but if you like parallel worlds were animals rule instead of humans you'll dig this. :)

Shadowlands

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

DEADPOOL! !!!! 8-)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Just watched a movie called this is love. So good and funny

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

sherry159 wrote:Midnight Special 2016 (8.5/10) - Jeff Nichols is one of my favorite current directors and this time he seamlessly mixes his naturalistic deep south storytelling with Sci Fi for a modern spiritual tale.
Just tested a new Projector screen by "Elite Screens" with this movie. Excellent performance!
I bought the Bluray of Midnight Special when it came out a few months ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Last new movie I saw was Guardians of the Galaxy 2, which was a blast.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Saw the Last Jedi finally and tbh it was abit...meh. I mean I didn't hate it and I like were they were going with it but the last 30mins felt like it was tacked on and that they went for special effects over story. Even the fight scenes weren't very well done. I understand why people have strong feelings either way. I mean it isn't episode I bad but it isn't Rogue One good either. 5/10 popcorns.

Shadowlands

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I finally got to see The Shape of Water recently and it was excellent! Just as good as I'd hoped it would be. It was a beautiful movie, and the characters were fantastic. I really enjoy Guillermo Del Toro's stuff. :)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

True lies. Always a good one.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote:I finally got to see The Shape of Water recently and it was excellent! Just as good as I'd hoped it would be. It was a beautiful movie, and the characters were fantastic. I really enjoy Guillermo Del Toro's stuff. :)
I so want to see that!!! It looks beautiful :) Guillermo Del Toro has a wonderful imagination and Pan's Labyrinth is one of my all-time favourites.
Castile wrote:Saw the Last Jedi finally and tbh it was abit...meh. I mean I didn't hate it and I like were they were going with it but the last 30mins felt like it was tacked on and that they went for special effects over story. Even the fight scenes weren't very well done. I understand why people have strong feelings either way. I mean it isn't episode I bad but it isn't Rogue One good either. 5/10 popcorns.
Sadly, I really agree. I loved The Force Awakens (even if the story template was a bit derivative), I love the new core characters, I heard nothing but good things before seeing Last Jedi, and I went in expecting to love it and... I found I started wincing. And I kept giving the movie passes, expecting it to get better, then about 2/3 of the way through I faced the fact that I didn't really like it. And I'm glad you're a woman that wasn't impressed because I've seen too many posts trying to conflate every man that dislikes it with all the alt-right kiddy trash out there. I thought it had a lot of great promise, but it was clumsily executed. I had some good laughs, but I found that a lot of the humour was very millennial, and I'm so very not millennial - which is fine except the movie series already has a style and the I think the new director ignored that and turned it into a personal vanity project. Sorry, rant over :P
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.