Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: What was the last movie you saw??

Unread post by Ana »

Watched Warm Bodies yesterday

Best zombie movie ever.. :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I saw Sleepy Hollow on Halloween (I could watch it a thousand times over aaaaa it's so good I love it <3)

I definitely give that movie two thumbs up. When I was a kid the blood didn't look so cheese cause that's what they had to work with when they made it and the effects for the gateway where the horse comes from and... urf I want to say it but I can't cause its a spoiler for people who haven't seen it but it has to do with the horseman and his head. The scene was well done for the special effects they had then imo. Great semi-old movie all around and I honestly never found it scary as a kid, nor now
Crestonwolf73 wrote:Been so long I saw a movie but I think it was that one with these zombies and one had feelings for a human girl wish I remembered what it was but maybe one of you guys knows what I am talking about. Next year my girlfriend comes to see me and I know we will be watching movies while snuggling on the couch.
Sukurachi wrote:
Warm Bodies.

Loved it.
Tårnfalk wrote:Watched Warm Bodies yesterday

YESSSS MORE WARM BODIES FANS EEEEEEEE *hugs both*

Nicholas Hoult's so hawt ermagerd.... And the movie was so goooooood *hugs her dvd tightly and purrs*

Edit: Aaaaa didn't see Suku was a Warm Bodies fan earlier :lol:
Last edited by Chimera on Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Castile wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:Battle Royal. It's no where near as good as the book or the comic but it's still one of the best "teens being forced to kill each other for tv" movies out there. I like it more then the Hunger games. But the running man is also a good movie in the same style.
When Hunger Games was first published there were lots of "lol its just BR clone" comments on it. I love Battle Royale and I didn't mind Hunger Games when I eventually watched it but I do feel its abit of rip off. I know there are only so many stories in the world but really....so similuar.

Haven't seen too many movies since Thor 2 but I bought the new Baz L version of The Great Gatsby on blu ray and am watching some old school anime I bought recently: Martian Successor Nadesico and Revalutionary Girl Utena. Also watching series 2 of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding - just so good!

There is a old 80s Aussie movie called Turkey Shoot that has a similar plot but more "People hunting other people" kind of thing and with adults and uh lesbian crossbow rape @.@ It's good old Aussie cult filmness.

Anyway it's cheesy but fun. Diamanda hagan has a video review of it and it's a cool film imo.

Man sorry to be the odd one out but I really hated Warm Bodies :lol: I really don't want teenagey romanticness in my zombie films I guess :lol: I'd say Shaun of the Dead or Dead Snow would be my fave zombie movies.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Tårnfalk wrote:Watched Warm Bodies yesterday

Very good movie. And still a better love story than Twilight.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote: There is a old 80s Aussie movie called Turkey Shoot that has a similar plot but more "People hunting other people" kind of thing and with adults and uh lesbian crossbow rape @.@ It's good old Aussie cult filmness.
All I can say is only in the 80's :lol:
cowmuflage wrote: Man sorry to be the odd one out but I really hated Warm Bodies :lol: I really don't want teenagey romanticness in my zombie films I guess :lol: I'd say Shaun of the Dead or Dead Snow would be my fave zombie movies.
"OMG...she is sooooo drunk!" haha my fav too!

In other news: At work we are quickly developing the "The Castaway was the worst movie ever" club. Any comments or new members wish to join? :P

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Yes only in the 80's indeed :lol:

I re-watched a New Zealand movie called Black Sheep. It's about mutant killer sheep! :lol:

It's a black comedy and it's pretty funny.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

--
Last edited by Sukurachi on Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Lets see out of all of these...

Conjuring - LOVED. It's based on a true story too and those people were real people. They investigated the Amityville horror house which is supposedly what the second "Conjuring" will be about.

Black Sheep - WERESHEEP! So freaking funny.

Warm Bodies - LOVED it. LOVED SO MUCH. I like the book a lot too and they're really nothing alike.

Hunger Games - Bleck do not like the movie or the books. Not my style I guess.

Thor 2 - LOKI LOKI LOKI LOLKI LOKI LOKI!!!!!!!!! PERFECT FOR LOKI LOVERS!!! I LOVE Loki and I LOVE Tom Hiddleston. I have always loved Marvel's Loki and actual Norse Mythology Loki. Loki is the comic relief a lot in Thor 2. My friend ALSO works at the movie theater where we saw Thor 2 on my birthday, because it's awesome and came out ON my birthday, and she brought me the standee of Loki. This thing guys.. It's tall. It almost touches my ceiling and Loki is there in all his regal glory. *dreamy sigh*.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I hated World War Z because the book was awesome and they made a movie that had little to nothing to do with it. It could of been super good if they made a mini series or something but no they made a subpar action movie. That's why most people hated it because it's nothing like the book at all.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

---
Last edited by Sukurachi on Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Castile wrote:
cowmuflage wrote: There is a old 80s Aussie movie called Turkey Shoot that has a similar plot but more "People hunting other people" kind of thing and with adults and uh lesbian crossbow rape @.@ It's good old Aussie cult filmness.
All I can say is only in the 80's :lol:
cowmuflage wrote: Man sorry to be the odd one out but I really hated Warm Bodies :lol: I really don't want teenagey romanticness in my zombie films I guess :lol: I'd say Shaun of the Dead or Dead Snow would be my fave zombie movies.
"OMG...she is sooooo drunk!" haha my fav too!

In other news: At work we are quickly developing the "The Castaway was the worst movie ever" club. Any comments or new members wish to join? :P
I actually liked The Castaway. In my humble opinion, the worst movie ever made is Joe Dirt. I have never been able to watch more than 20 minutes of it.

Also, people should be able to express their opinion, positive or negative , without worrying about whether someone will misconstrue and twist it into anything more than what it is, an opinion.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:Yes only in the 80's indeed :lol:

I re-watched a New Zealand movie called Black Sheep. It's about mutant killer sheep! :lol:

Oh i have that on a Bali dvd somewhere! Must watch again!

Theres a similuar film with killer squid in it called "Slither". I watched it while back when i was abit drunk and for a horror film it was freakin hilarious!! Had the cpt out of Firefly in it. Half way through he has this board tracking the "killings" of the squid. Its basically a straight line bwhahaha!! "if we follow the current pattern...the squid will kill here next!" OMG REALLY NO WAI! Plus the whole logic of how a squid can survive on land...o.0

Then we watched Dora the Explorer for some reason and had a 20 min debate on why she sucks at orienteering :P

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Castile wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:Yes only in the 80's indeed :lol:

Oh i have that on a Bali dvd somewhere! Must watch again!

Theres a similuar film with killer squid in it called "Slither". I watched it while back when i was abit drunk and for a horror film it was freakin hilarious!! Had the cpt out of Firefly in it. Half way through he has this board tracking the "killings" of the squid. Its basically a straight line bwhahaha!! "if we follow the current pattern...the squid will kill here next!" OMG REALLY NO WAI! Plus the whole logic of how a squid can survive on land...o.0

Then we watched Dora the Explorer for some reason and had a 20 min debate on why she sucks at orienteering :P
Yeah I liked Slither too. Grabbers is another good horror comedy too but with alien squids who drink peoples blood but are allergic booze.... and they happen to land on a small island off Ireland :lol: Not the best of places for something allergic to booze!
Silivren

*had to watch Food Inc in class today...*

I don't feel so go- *vomits into garbage can*

If you want to still like the food you eat DONT WATCH THIS DOCUMENTARY.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Got to see Ender's Game as a (very late) birthday present. I read the first two books and loved them but was a bit cautious about the film seeing as how it only got a 60% on rotten tomatoes. It was actually really good. a few slow spots and some things obviously had to be cut for time but all in all they kept most things close to the book. :) The war games gave me goosebumps.

I was disappointed to find that his brother and sister had almost no roll to pay though.

Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

Speaking of 80s Australian movies, anyone seen Razorback? Saw it in my college dorm back in the day. I was curious to see what Gregory Harrison had been doing since Logan's Run. "That's one intelligent pig!" one of the guys kept commenting. "Ah, I knew it -- Pig strikes again!" I remarked of one scene. "Yeah, the intelligent pig strikes again!" :lol:

More recently, our local space channel has been showing Rogue every once in a while. That one has lots of little touches that are... well, touching. Like the old man secretly scattering the ashes in the river.

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

I wanted to add that I saw Warm Bodies when it came out...went into it thinking it was going to be a piece of crap...came out LOVING it (I'm not a big zombie fan but that movie was AWESOME!!)

Just saw Thor 2. Usually I hate Marvel's take on Loki but...I really liked him in this movie. I liked the movie a lot more than the first one. I really like the movie overall :)

Also saw Last Vegas because my bf begged me to. It was cute and funny but...meh. It was a good movie but nothing I'd see more than once.

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

We should of watched Die Hard because evil German terrorist Professor Snape is awesome but no you wanted to watch the 5th one because it's the new one >.> It was bad. Uh yup.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Frankenstein's army. Think it's WW2 and Dr Frankenstein's grandson Dr Frankenstein is a Nazi and Hitler has made him make a army of flesh and steel!

The good guys are the Russians and it's pretty cool. All monsters are people in suits no CGI!
Silivren

cowmuflage wrote:We should of watched Die Hard because evil German terrorist Professor Snape is awesome but no you wanted to watch the 5th one because it's the new one >.> It was bad. Uh yup.
SNAPE <3 Oh Allen I love you. I don't know why I just do.