What was the last movie you saw??

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: What was the last movie you saw??

Unread post by Sukurachi »

AHA! watched Mortal Instruments last week!
I enjoyed it a HELL of a lot more than any of the Twilight films.

***minor spoiler ahead*********

So! is he or isn't he her brother?!?!?!?!?

(I don't want to know.. keeping some mystery for the next film)

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Sukurachi wrote:AHA! watched Mortal Instruments last week!
I enjoyed it a HELL of a lot more than any of the Twilight films.

***minor spoiler ahead*********

So! is he or isn't he her brother?!?!?!?!?

(I don't want to know.. keeping some mystery for the next film)
Argh I wanna tell you because I know the answer but I wont. God that movie was SO GOOD. The eye candy. O.O

HNNNNNGGGG. Jace and Magnus for me. <3 Both super sexy characters and the romance was good but not "too" much I don't think. I do know they apparently changed it a bit from the books according to my friend which is why I feel like it's ok to read them now that I've seen the movie. Holy hell those demons though. *scuttles up tree*. ALL THE NO THANK YOU'S!

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

The hobbit. It was great. Smaug is such a wonderful creature and Legolas. Omg fangirl alert. And his good looking and evil dad. I don't mind they changed the story a bit.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Watched Starship Troopers with my dad and bro. I still think it's a awesome movie. Love those bug designs.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

cowmuflage wrote:Watched Starship Troopers with my dad and bro. I still think it's a awesome movie. Love those bug designs.
Awesome movie. it's a shame audiences didn't get the sarcasm and perverted wit behind it.

last night I watched Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters.

I sort of semi-liked the first movie (Lightning Thief) though I found it trying a bit too hard to be "the next Harry Potter". But this second movie? I REALLY didn't like it. Full of silly clichés, obvious visual riffs on Harry Potter, bland acting, barely acceptable visual effects, etc...

Do YA movies/books always have to be either about mopey emo self-centred goth vampires or written in such a way as to insult young adults' intelligences? (obviously, PJ:SoM fits into the latter category)

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

I'm so behind on my movies x.x Just watched Anchorman 2. It was...alright. It's good if you're into mindless, stupid comedy (I find myself liking the smarter comedies more and more)

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Frozen and tangled (Watched them back to back so I somewhat count it as 1) amazing films :3
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Finally subjected myself to Twilight recently. What a boring waste of time. :/

I also saw Pacific Rim the other day which was lulzy and kinda boring and omg sooooooo many continuity errors. However I've recently been to the cinema to see the Desolation of Smaug (for the second time) and Frozen, both of which are amazing and so full of charm. I wasn't fond of Frozen at first but I've warmed to it. (: Especially after realising how charming yet different it was from other Disney films, it really stood out. Also the soundtrack. <3

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

I watched 'The Mist' last week.

It was good. However, even though I KNEW how it was going to end it still messed me up.. Ugh

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Tygard wrote:I watched 'The Mist' last week.

It was good. However, even though I KNEW how it was going to end it still messed me up.. Ugh
awesome film.

love how Stephen King said he wishes he had thought of that ending.

"Step on no pets!"

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I just watched American Mary, I'm really surprised I hadn't known about it earlier, it was my kind of movie. Loved it! :)
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

The Mist was great! I loved the short story as well, but I agree with Stephen King - the movie ending was better! And they couldn't have picked a better theme music for it - Dead Can Dance's "The Host of Seraphim" is just divine...

I also enjoyed American Mary (split tongue - what a nifty idea!), but I found the ending very disjointed and unbelievable. It felt like it'd been forced on them by the P.C. committee. If there's a director's cut I'd quite like to see that instead.

A friend and I watched Desolation of Smaug on the weekend and we both enjoyed it thoroughly. Time flew by, and it really didn't feel like the 2.5h+ it was. Legolas is such a show-off... but pulls it off so well despite the sheer absurdity of some of his antics! /applaud
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I had a feeling that's the ending they wanted (to me I was kind of glad. I did not like Mary much XD).

Those twins in the movie wrote it I think. Well some twins did anyway!.

I found it to be a movie not for me. I really can't stomach surgery films like that. I really can't because it brings back memories and feelings from my surgeries. Like I can feel it in my scars and stuff DX Hell that tiny scene in Iron man when he pulls the drain from his nose when he's in the terrorist camp? I have to skip that :lol: I had one of those XD

Not saying it was bad just really not for me @.@
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

DinoCroc... :P not as bad as sharknado.. but the monster chould have been done better :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

I watched all of Baka and Test season 2. Such a great and HILARIOUS anime :)

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

last night we watched a gay movie for which I held VERY little hope.

it just sounded downright cheesy and stupid.. but in the end it was one of the most hysterically funny films I've watched in a while, and the basic premise would actually make a GREAT big-budget film.

Movie called "Bite Marks". Super low budget, full of silly clichés, and just so damned funny.

"Step on no pets!"

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Just finished watching 2 anime series and now waiting on the arrival of a dvd to watch the follow on films - Revoluntionary Girl Utena and Martian Sucessor Nadescio.

I watched Nadescio a lonnnnnng time ago but this is the first time I've watched the whole thing through properly. I love the whole space-comedy theme and Ruri is still one of my favourite anime characters. Utena is very mind-bend 90's anime but i love the concept of Utena the "princely" girl and Anthy the weak Rose bride/Witch personality. Can't wait to watch the movies for both!

Then I might re-watch Sailor Stars as the new Sailor Moon will be screened in July (its a remake of the original series I think) and then Sakura Wars ^.^

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I saw Disney's Frozen finally! It was good; nothing spectacular but the songs were catchy as hell! I'm still breaking out into random bursts of "Let It Go", "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?", and "Fixer Upper" to this day!

~~WARNING: Spoilers ahead! If you haven't seen Disney's Frozen yet, I advise you to skip the rest of this post now.~~

I love Disney animated features! I grew up watching them. I have been surrounded by all things Disney my whole life due to living in Southern California and working at the "Happiest Place on Earth". So it goes without much say, that the opinions I express are simply my own and forwarded by a curiosity for popular consensus. I know people who have lost their ever-loving minds over this film! That's great! Still, there are a few things I must debate:

• Nothing is explained about Elsa's magical power: how she came to acquire it and why she is the only one? Doesn’t this bother anybody? I certainly wanted to know! A simple 10-15 second backstory would’ve solved this oversight.
• The way the King and Queen handled the "situation". UGH! Confining their daughters inside the castle with no interaction to the outside world or even each other … what the hell kind of parenting is that!? I understand that they were concerned for the safety of themselves and others but they teach Elsa to fear her abilities. "Conceal, don't feel" ... that not psychologically healthy!
• In Disney's Tangled, you're told how Rapunzel gains magic in her hair and why she's locked away in a tower ... two very important, yet similar details which, I felt, were lacking in Frozen.
• The male protagonist is raised by trolls … um, ok? What happened to his parents? He’s clearly introduced at the beginning of the film among other humans … sooo, did his Pa get hit in the head with an ice axe or something? Not that Disney would EVER tell us something horrific like that, but it emphasizes my importance of including the details.

I did enjoy the clever plot twist with the movie's villain, something never done in a Disney film before, and the overall message the film portrayed about sibling camaraderie. And again, the music was damn catchy!

Am I alone on any of this? For those of you who watched the film, were you also bothered by these tiny, but obvious, plot holes?

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Niabi wrote:Am I alone on any of this? For those of you who watched the film, were you also bothered by these tiny, but obvious, plot holes?
No you're not! A lot of things in Frozen bugged the hell out of me, it was such an enjoyable film but those little obviously missing details really bothered me. I also didn't like the snowman character very much, I'm afraid, so some of the comedy was totally lost on me. There was quite a touching moment with him towards the end I did like (in front of the fireplace) but otherwise, meh. But it was indeed a BEAUTIFUL film. The soundtrack was fabulous (I'm a huge fan of 'Let It Go', I couldn't stop singing it for days after I saw the film) and the animation was over and above what I've seen Disney do before.

I'm also REALLY, REALLY glad for the ending. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but the ending... It made me so happy. (': I found it also wasn't that predictable either. Almost everything that happened in the resolution was a complete surprise for me.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

Niabi wrote:I saw Disney's Frozen finally! It was good; nothing spectacular but the songs were catchy as hell! I'm still breaking out into random bursts of "Let It Go", "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?", and "Fixer Upper" to this day!

~~WARNING: Spoilers ahead! If you haven't seen Disney's Frozen yet, I advise you to skip the rest of this post now.~~

I love Disney animated features! I grew up watching them. I have been surrounded by all things Disney my whole life due to living in Southern California and working at the "Happiest Place on Earth". So it goes without much say, that the opinions I express are simply my own and forwarded by a curiosity for popular consensus. I know people who have lost their ever-loving minds over this film! That's great! Still, there are a few things I must debate:

• Nothing is explained about Elsa's magical power: how she came to acquire it and why she is the only one? Doesn’t this bother anybody? I certainly wanted to know! A simple 10-15 second backstory would’ve solved this oversight.
• The way the King and Queen handled the "situation". UGH! Confining their daughters inside the castle with no interaction to the outside world or even each other … what the hell kind of parenting is that!? I understand that they were concerned for the safety of themselves and others but they teach Elsa to fear her abilities. "Conceal, don't feel" ... that not psychologically healthy!
• In Disney's Tangled, you're told how Rapunzel gains magic in her hair and why she's locked away in a tower ... two very important, yet similar details which, I felt, were lacking in Frozen.
• The male protagonist is raised by trolls … um, ok? What happened to his parents? He’s clearly introduced at the beginning of the film among other humans … sooo, did his Pa get hit in the head with an ice axe or something? Not that Disney would EVER tell us something horrific like that, but it emphasizes my importance of including the details.

I did enjoy the clever plot twist with the movie's villain, something never done in a Disney film before, and the overall message the film portrayed about sibling camaraderie. And again, the music was damn catchy!

Am I alone on any of this? For those of you who watched the film, were you also bothered by these tiny, but obvious, plot holes?
They came to my mind, but they didn't really bother me as much. It's loosely based on the fairy tale The Snow Queen, which is a more...adult fairy tale imo (most fairy tales, if you take away the morbid ending then they could be for children but The Snow Queen actually has a happy ending and a morbid story) so maybe they just didn't know how to address some of these things. I know they could have, and probably very easily, but I try to not let these things get to me.