Silly things you hate.

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: Silly things you hate.

Unread post by Rhyela »

One thing that has always irked me is when people hang toilet paper "under" instead of "over", if that makes any sense. I can't stand it! Ack!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

People who use Wikipedia articles as 100% fact to try and win internet arguements...I'm a librarian and it irks me! They aren't arcurate and can be edited by ANYONE! Also using articles from a pro-whatever site doesn't help either as they are slanted to say exactly what their target audience wants to think. Peer reviewed or GTFO!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

People who talk really loud on a bus. Like use your indoor voice because there are over people on the bus.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Toothpaste. Mostly because it makes me gag and I throw up whenever I brush my teeth, which is stupid.

Also being able to hear someone walking. Just no.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

Rhyela wrote:One thing that has always irked me is when people hang toilet paper "under" instead of "over", if that makes any sense. I can't stand it! Ack!
My dad is like that lol. He can't use my bathroom because I do the toilet paper under because if not my cats will unravel it all. Closing the door doesn't do anything because the oldest cat knows how to open it lol.

Another thing I really hate is when someone is always saying "you know what I mean?" I have no idea why, but it makes me want to slap that person so hard. My mom does it a lot.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

"imo" and "imho" bug me, though I can't say why. I just get mildly ticked off every time I see a sentence beginning with "Imho".

I suppose it's because- why would you be saying something that isn't your honest opinion?

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

People who get angry when you give them a critique when they ask for one. Don't ask for critiques if you can't handle what you get.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:"imo" and "imho" bug me, though I can't say why. I just get mildly ticked off every time I see a sentence beginning with "Imho".

I suppose it's because- why would you be saying something that isn't your honest opinion?
Huh, this is kind of a random comment, but I've always known it to stand for 'in my humble opinion'. I didn't know it could be 'honest' too, that changes the tone a bit!
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Huh, I always learned it as Honest! Humble vs. honest does change the tone a bit- and the tone is what always bugged me about it.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I don't like "in my humble opinion" or "in my honest opinion". Either one makes me feel like seeing some roadside billboard advertising "clean restrooms": immediately makes me think the restrooms are in fact not clean, and the opinions neither honest nor humble.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

GormanGhaste wrote:I don't like "in my humble opinion" or "in my honest opinion". Either one makes me feel like seeing some roadside billboard advertising "clean restrooms": immediately makes me think the restrooms are in fact not clean, and the opinions neither honest nor humble.
...That is a brilliant analogy and that's exactly why I dislike the phrase! Why must you point out how honest or humble you're being?

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Huh, I always learned it as Honest! Humble vs. honest does change the tone a bit- and the tone is what always bugged me about it.
it stands for "humble".

an opinion is "humble". it can't really be "honest". if so, you could have a dishonest opinion, which makes no logical sense.

The one that ticks me off is "in my personal opinion". Really? You have both a personal opinion and... what... a regurgitated opinion from someone else? ALL opinions are "personal".

/facepalm

Ugh, also people having "opinions" about facts!
You can't have an opinion about gravity.
You can't have an opinion about something that is quantitatively provable.
You can have an opinion about something abstract, or something that is purely a matter of taste.

In my opinion, some politicians views have evolved over time in regards to gender issues. But I don't have an "opinion" about evolution.

In my opinion, The Big Bang Theory is one of the better comedy shows on TV right now. But I don't have an opinion about the actual scientific theory called "the big bang theory".

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

... //uses "imo" a lot
... u H
but i use it mostly because i grew up with the internet so internet shorthand and such comes second-nature to me. if i'm in a debate of any sort, i usually refrain from using it for obvious reasons >______>

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

I really, really dislike it when one of my linguistics major friends rags on me for spelling colour with a u. They're both "correct". Besides, uniformed spelling has only existed for a few hundred years! And she really should know better, since linguistics is the study of ALL grammar, and holds none above any other. Internet speak is just as valid as MLA form english. Redneck english is just as valid as British english. Etc, etc. I mean, the rules of written grammar are often in direct opposition to the rules of spoken grammar (looking at you, "don't end a sentence with a preposition").

It just makes me irrationally angry because it's a way of acting as though you're better than someone based on the silliest of things. Can you understand them? Then their grammar is fine. Linguistics values the cultural differences between grammar, it doesn't hold any above the others!

Part of why it makes me so angry is that I'm still training myself not to think that way.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I always find it funny when someone tells me I've spelled something wrong when it's just the English way of spelling it :lol: Like the word realise for example XD
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:I always find it funny when someone tells me I've spelled something wrong when it's just the English way of spelling it :lol: Like the word realise for example XD
YES to both posts!!! When I taught high school whenever I saw a student use "Color" in an essay I felt like screaming "THIS IS AUSTRALIA!" *queue spartan esq kick* "We speak and write the Queens english here!!!" mumble grumble

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Castile wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:I always find it funny when someone tells me I've spelled something wrong when it's just the English way of spelling it :lol: Like the word realise for example XD
YES to both posts!!! When I taught high school whenever I saw a student use "Color" in an essay I felt like screaming "THIS IS AUSTRALIA!" *queue spartan esq kick* "We speak and write the Queens english here!!!" mumble grumble

Speaking of spelling...

If you want to have fun and start a flame war in /trade chat, simply write the following:

"Rouges are overpowdered" (or any variant including those words)

You'll be amazed at how few people actually take the time to READ.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

When people say they have OCD when they don't just because they check everything/like to be tidy. Coming from someone who has it there is more to OCD then that sterotype XD
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Stemming from a lack of social media usage save from (sparingly) Facebook... what the heck is up with "hash-tagging"?! It makes no sense to me.

Also, so-called "original" characters that are straight-up palette-swaps of existing characters. Woo orange Sonics and blue Pinkie Pies and stuff :/ Come on guys, at least give them different clothes/hairstyles or SOMETHING. (No offence meant to anyone here who has such an OC. It just doesn't feel "original" to me :P)

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

silly things...

I hate seeing celebrities and suddenly realizing I'm old enough to be their father.

"Step on no pets!"