Silly things you hate.

Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Re: Silly things you hate.

Unread post by Agravaine »

Mine is people who type gangsta or whatever it is that makes them sound like uneducated primitives in chat.

I can be a bit of a spelling and grammar tyrant too; having both parents and a sib who teach will do that to a person. A few years back I made a list of those common contraction mistakes alongside the proper forms for my kids, and in between I sketched a pretty glum-looking Harry Potter. I told them that those mistakes made him sad.

Speaking of HP and grammar nazism, I was in an LFR the other day when someone asked the person correcting them, "What are you, some kind of spell nazi?" I couldn't resist and asked if they meant a spell nazi like "It's leviOsa, not leviosA." Someone got it and told me "You win." That made my day. :)

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Agravaine wrote:Speaking of HP and grammar nazism, I was in an LFR the other day when someone asked the person correcting them, "What are you, some kind of spell nazi?" I couldn't resist and asked if they meant a spell nazi like "It's leviOsa, not leviosA." Someone got it and told me "You win." That made my day. :)

ROFL

I would have gotten it too.
My husband and I VERY often quote that line.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Rhyela wrote:Yes, I am quite...passionate...about grammar and such. I try to keep the beast caged, but sometimes I just let loose. Sorry you all had to see that. :lol:
That's okay. We like beasts. This is Petopia after all! ;)
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Vephriel wrote:Really random thing but oh my god I hate the word "toon" for characters. It drives me up the wall.
Yes. Oh god, YES. I HATE IT.
Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

I live, apparently. Who knew.

I agree with everyone who hates the sound of people eating. I. Cannot. Stand. It. Same goes for people typing. Even MY OWN typing on the computer drives me crazy sometimes. Oh and my dog licking his paws as well. Basically, everyday noises drive me crazy.

Also, people who call characters that people make for fandoms "fan characters", as opposed to "original characters." It just rubs me the wrong way, since it (at least to me) seems to imply that "fan characters" are not as good or valid as "original characters." I'm sorry, but just because my character is a Pokemon does NOT mean she is any less "original" than someone's dog OC. Sure, I didn't make up her species, or her world, but.. It's technically the character we're talking about. Not the setting or the species. My Umbreon is a fandom OC. I've put just as much thought and time and effort into her character and story as lots of people have put into their "traditional" OCs. Don't you dare invalidate my character that way, just because she's a fandom character and not a character for some selfmade ~*original world*~.

Oh and the people who don't know the difference between "canon" and "most canon"/"implied canon." If a ship is not OUTRIGHT STATED TO BE CANON, EVEN IF IT IS HINTED AT OR IMPLIED OR WHATEVER, THEN IT IS NOT CANON. (A certain video game fandom I know reaaaaally needs to understand this. Oi vey.)

this turned into more of a rant here. whoops. but I guess these are still silly things to hate. I mean, I REALLY shouldn't let this stuff bother me, but..
Yuki
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Yuki »

I can't stand it when someone can hear my side of a phone conversation (someone aside from the person at the other end of the line, obviously). If I'm with someone when I need to make/take a phone call, I have to take the phone into another room or something so they can't overhear me. It doesn't matter who it is or what the call's about; it just makes me as twitchy and uncomfortable as having someone looking over my shoulder when I'm trying to write.

... Actually, to be honest, I hate pretty much everything about phones. :D That part is definitely the worst, though.

I also agree with everyone who mentioned the sound of people eating. Ew.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

Vephriel wrote:Really random thing but oh my god I hate the word "toon" for characters. It drives me up the wall.
I agree so much. It makes me so mad for some reason. Haha.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Mine I guess are mainly physical...I can't stand having the tip of my nose wet or people putting their hands up my sleeves

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

The uh whole "people who draw fan art are not as good as people who draw OC"

Last year I had this very large lady say that to my face at my table at Armageddon.

Yeah those people have never worked in Animation :lol: That's really your job XD

Also you try selling original content at a con and come back to me. Unless you are super pro no ones going to care.

I'd love to sell my original stuff but no one would buy it because no one would know what it is. It's that simple people want to buy drawings of things they know :lol:
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yuki wrote:I can't stand it when someone can hear my side of a phone conversation (someone aside from the person at the other end of the line, obviously). If I'm with someone when I need to make/take a phone call, I have to take the phone into another room or something so they can't overhear me. It doesn't matter who it is or what the call's about; it just makes me as twitchy and uncomfortable as having someone looking over my shoulder when I'm trying to write.

... Actually, to be honest, I hate pretty much everything about phones. :D That part is definitely the worst, though.
Oh my god I'm like this too, and I can't fathom people who can just LOUDLY TALK on a bus or something, where everyone can hear them. If I have to answer my phone in a public place I talk super quietly.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Phones in general, I hate phones! Talking on the phone kills me. It's the most awkward, awful thing.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Double posting but I have a weird thing against those inspirational sports-player-with-disease stories on sports channels. I just- I understand that the person is brave, but my god I hate them.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

Fingernails in the sink. Even if they are mine and I just cut them - I just hate to touch them when cleaning the sink. Same with my cats' claws. If they are scratching and those little pieces that look like a piece of claw lie beneath the scratching post. They make me shudder. I always use the hoover to remove them.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

People who post things on facebook and tumblr and go "YOU MUST REBLOG THIS/ALL MY FREINDS/WATCHERS MUST REBLOG THIS/IF YOU DON'T REBLOG THIS YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PERSON AND YOU ARE WORSE THEN HITLER"

Uh no. World anit going to change if I do that.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Oh lordy.. speaking of Facebook posts...

People who post "next month has 5 tuesdays and wednesdays and thursdays (or whatever three days of the week happen to be there that month), and it only happens once every 800 (or whatever stupid number) of years".

My god, people, just look at a fricken' calender! it happens every 4 years!

People are so quick to repost stuff without ascertaining whether or not it's actually true!

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Yes!!! I'd say gullibility irritates me greatly. It's like everyone believes everything they see on FB or on the internet in general, without actually taking the time to look into things for themselves. It's like...do people have no minds of their own?

I also hate phones. HATE THEM. I mean, I love it when my husband calls me at work to see how I'm doing, but after the - "Hey, how are you?" "I'm fine, how are you?" "I'm alright." - part is done, we just kinda sit there, and it drives me up the wall.

And when my phone rings at work, I want to strangle someone. I know it's going to be some inane question and just...urgh! Part of that may also be that I really cannot stand my job anymore. :lol: This shingles crap I got? Yeah, stress from work.

Edit: Dirty dishes. Oh lord I can't stand dirty dishes. They make me want to vomit. My husband is so bad about leaving food in his dishes and then leaving them in the sink, so that when you go to touch them they're all slimy and smell awful. UGH! I would rather pick up poop from my cat's litterbox with bare hands, than touch a slimy, nasty dish with God-knows-what stuck to it.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

"Like if you don't want to eat babies, ignore if you PRAISE SATAN AND WANT EVERYONE TO DIE OF CANCER."

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Dirty dishes UGHUGHGUHGUHGHUGUGHGH
I can't with dirty dishes -- give me all other chores around the house but god spare me from the dishes

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Bananas.

Yes, bananas.

I HATE bananas. The very smell of them is enough to make the bile rise in my gorge.

BUT!

I am super stupidly addicted to banana-nut muffins!

How come the smell of the raw fruit literally makes me want to toss my cookies, but I could chow down on an entire box of Tim Horton's banana-nut muffins without so much as a 2nd glance?

And I can't even MAKE my own banana muffins. I'd have to have raw bananas in the house, and the smell makes me physically ill.

my husband brought some home the other day because his trainer at the gym suggested he eat them for the nutritional value... and every time I walked into the kitchen I got the heaves.

But those muffins from Timmy's.... mmmmmmmmmm

"Step on no pets!"

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

You'd like NZ right now as we are having a banana shortage :lol: