What's Your Personality Type?

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

What's Your Personality Type?

Unread post by Niabi »

I remember doing a Myers-Briggs personality assessment years ago back in my high school psychology class. I also remember falling somewhere between the spectrum of an INFJ and an INFP at that time.

I decided to retake the assessment recently, just to see if my personality has developed more to one side or differed over the past few decades. Based on my answers, it would seem that I am a hardcore INFJ-T, Advocate type:
90% Introverted
69% Intuitive
69% Feeling
57% Judging
75% Turbulent
The results are spot on if you take the time to read it all - it's almost scary how accurate everything is! INFJ's are also the rarest personality type! Made me wonder if anyone else might share the same mindset and quirks that I do.

So what's your personality type? What makes you, you? I want to know. https://www.16personalities.com/

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: What's Your Personality Type?

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

INTP-A, logician, but fairly balanced traits other than the introversion (100%) and prospecting.
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

According to that one I am INFJ-A (82/73/51/54/60). In the past I've typically ended up as INTJ or INTP.

I must say that this does *not* sound like me though: "Advocates find it easy to make connections with others, and have a talent for warm, sensitive language, speaking in human terms, rather than with pure logic and fact.". I'm quite slow to make friends, and logic and facts are my bread and butter. And while I certainly don't aim to hurt people's feelings, I do tend to be rather blunt. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Given the heavy bias on a forum like this, I imagine we'll be seeing a lot of "I" personalities :D
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

MEDIATOR PERSONALITY (INFP, -A/-T)

Mediator personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, Mediators have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the Mediator personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

Being a part of the Diplomat Role group, Mediators are guided by their principles, rather than by logic (Analysts), excitement (Explorers), or practicality (Sentinels). When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue – Mediators are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments. People who share the Mediator personality type are proud of this quality, and rightly so, but not everyone understands the drive behind these feelings, and it can lead to isolation.

We Know What We Are, but Know Not What We May Be

At their best, these qualities enable Mediators to communicate deeply with others, easily speaking in metaphors and parables, and understanding and creating symbols to share their ideas. Fantasy worlds in particular fascinate Mediators, more than any other personality type. The strength of their visionary communication style lends itself well to creative works, and it comes as no surprise that many famous Mediators are poets, writers and actors. Understanding themselves and their place in the world is important to Mediators, and they explore these ideas by projecting themselves into their work.

Mediators have a talent for self-expression, revealing their beauty and their secrets through metaphors and fictional characters.

Mediators’ ability with language doesn’t stop with their native tongue, either – as with most people who share the Diplomat personality types, they are considered gifted when it comes to learning a second (or third!) language. Their gift for communication also lends itself well to Mediators’ desire for harmony, a recurring theme with Diplomats, and helps them to move forward as they find their calling.

Listen to Many People, but Talk to Few

Unlike their Extraverted cousins though, Mediators will focus their attention on just a few people, a single worthy cause – spread too thinly, they’ll run out of energy, and even become dejected and overwhelmed by all the bad in the world that they can’t fix. This is a sad sight for Mediators’ friends, who will come to depend on their rosy outlook.

If they are not careful, Mediators can lose themselves in their quest for good and neglect the day-to-day upkeep that life demands. Mediators often drift into deep thought, enjoying contemplating the hypothetical and the philosophical more than any other personality type. Left unchecked, Mediators may start to lose touch, withdrawing into “hermit mode”, and it can take a great deal of energy from their friends or partner to bring them back to the real world.

Luckily, like the flowers in spring, Mediator’s affection, creativity, altruism and idealism will always come back, rewarding them and those they love perhaps not with logic and utility, but with a world view that inspires compassion, kindness and beauty wherever they go.
Huh. .some fits others don't so yeah prob not 100% correct. I have taken these these before and always comes up as Mediator :P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

“THE LOGICIAN” (INTP-T) :D :mrgreen:

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Mediator (INFP-a)
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I remember doing this test some time back and it looks like nothing's changed. I'm The Mediator (INFP-T).

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

A couple of helpful tips:

1. Sometimes it's best to wait a day or two and retake the test again. You may come up with a slightly different result. Usually not by much or at all, but still, what's the harm in making sure.

2. Really take your time to read each question and understand what it is asking you. I re-read each question two, sometimes three times, for my husband when I had him take the test. He'd hear it one way when in fact he missed out on crucial, but slight distinctions that would influence his answers: would/wouldn't, does/doesn't, are/aren't, have/haven't, etc. (He's a ESFJ-T, Consul btw).

3. Your results may not be what you think they should be and that's ok. Every personality, whether you believe it to be a positive or a negative, has the potential for growth, improvement, and sometimes even change. On the other hand, it is possible that we don't always see ourselves clearly as others would. Having less-than-desirable attributes can be hard to come to terms with. We are more inclined to dismiss or ignore what we don't like about ourselves than accept those qualities as part of where we've been and who we have become.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for taking the time to do this with me. I find it fascinating to see all the different results! My hope is that even if you don't put much stock into stuff like this, you can still find a level of insight and maybe, even enjoyment, in the process of it all.
Last edited by Niabi on Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flight Rising

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I remember in the past I seemed to be ISFJ, but this time I got INFP. Don't know which is more accurate! :lol:
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

Take into account that if you fall within the 50-59%, which is seen as neutral in some regards, it's possible to harbor tendencies and characteristics of the opposite spectrum as well.

Take my results for example, I landed slightly more on the Judging end vs. Prospecting end at 57%. I feel I could just as easily teeter between those two attributes depending on a given circumstance or event going on in my life.

Flight Rising

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Some of these questions I dont know what to answer as I go huh I never thought of that.. e.g. If a room is full, do you go towards the center or the walls. ehmm I havent been in a full room in over 7 years due to my disability. I use the walls in my home as support so I dont fall so I answered the lowest possible agree I could on that.. no idea how I would react if I could walk and got shoved in a full room :P Im very social so I prob would mingle.. but I am not sure so :D

Another one is if your friend is hurting you would rather offer emotional support than find a way to fix the problem. I am known to do both! :lol:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

@Tarn

Consider the situation as if your disability wasn't a factor. What would you do then? You said you haven't been with a large gathering of people in many years but it doesn't stop you from remembering what it was like in the past. And if that isn't possible, just imagine it.

Would you want to stand back and observe everything at a distance or would you get in the center of the action and mingle? Don't allow your disability to influence who you really are on the inside. You are you; You are not your disability.

And if you're still on the fence about it or if your decision is based on certain conditions, like you'd mingle with friends and family but not with strangers, then just answer neutrally (the middle grey circle). I know the test asks us not to do this but it is important to be as honest as possible. And in truth, sometimes that's just how we are about certain things in life. Middle of the road, neutral, not feeling strongly one way or the other.

For the second one, just answer neutrally. I tend to be the same way in that situation and that's how I answered that question on my test.

It's very likely your initial test results were accurate (with only marginal % differences due to your uncertainty on some of the questions). I don't know you on a personal level, but based on our online interactions and from what I've read about the Mediator personality on the website, I can see how this result might apply to you.

What were your exact percentages if I may ask? You might be a hybrid of two personality types.
Last edited by Niabi on Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Flight Rising

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh yeah maybe. . Neutral be an option. I will have many neutrals though ;). I have a problem remembering things so I actually can't remember what I was like before. . Sadly. I also think my actions would vary dpending on which ppl were in the crowded room e.g. if it was a room filled with nu spiritual brothers and sisters I would be more comfortable there than in a room with other ppl :D. I try take the test again later

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

Sounds good Tarn. I look forward to seeing if anything changes.

On a side note, the website posted this today: "INFJ Insight of the Day: Advocates are the most likely personality type to proofread their writing 3 or more times." -- That is some legit, hardcore truth right there! :lol: It's the perfectionist side of me shining through!

Flight Rising

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

ESFP-A, The Entertainer! This feels a lot more spot on than my previous results from this, but I've changed a lot as a person and it's been fun to watch that evolution through these test results. I was INFP for aaaages, but I've come out of my shell a lot lately and realized I'm far more extroverted than I thought!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Mediator (INFP-A) I'm not sure it's entirely accurate, but some of it seems about right lol
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I've only taken it once, which came out as "The Mediator" (INFP), which is seems sound like me.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Retook the test and it came out
Advocate (INFJ-t

43% Extraverted - 57% Introverted
55% Intuitive - 45% Observant
35% Thinking - 65% Feeling
53% Judging - 47% Prospecting
25% Assertive - 75% Turbulent

The Advocate personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As members of the Diplomat Role group, Advocates have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is that they are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.
Well the high morality fits with that I believe that the bible is the word of Jehovah God and tries to follow the guidelines in it.
they have very strong opinions and will fight tirelessly for an idea they believe in
well sort of.. I wont call it fighting though.. but I do preach and try to tell ppl about what the bible really teaches.
They are decisive and strong-willed, but will rarely use that energy for personal gain.
Huh I dont see myself as strong-willed at all :mrgreen:
Egalitarianism and karma are very attractive ideas to Advocates, and they tend to believe that nothing would help the world so much as using love and compassion to soften the hearts of tyrants.
Well that is totally not fitting. I believe that the only solution to mankinds problem is that Jehovah God will one day (soon) intervene and make things better.. I dont think this test take faith into account :mrgreen: :lol:

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

@ Tarn

Based on those percentages, I wouldn't classify you strictly as an INFJ. You're actually a hybrid of INFJ, INFP, ISFJ, and ISFP; While every great once in a while, having tendencies to be an Extrovert under certain, specific circumstances. It's safe to assume that none of these are going to absolutely, 100% apply to you because there is so much neutrality (50-59%) with your answers. And this shouldn't be perceived as a bad thing either. It just means that you have the capacity to alter certain personal behaviors more comfortably when the situation calls for it.

Generally speaking, the test is broken down into 4 separate components:
Extraversion/Introversion: How do you recharge yourself? Do you feel energized when surrounded by large groups of people or do you feel physically and mentally drained?
Sensing/Intuition: How do you perceive or take in new information? Do you focus on the grand scope of things or on the specific details?
Thinking/Feeling: How do you make decisions? Do you base them on facts and established rules and laws? Or do you base them on what you feel is the right decision at that time?
Judgement/Perception: How do you orient yourself in the world around you? Are you methodical with your pursuits by setting goals/making plans/writing lists? Or are you spontaneous and would rather just see what the day brings you?

I think you're also misinterpreting the results that were given. Sometimes words are meant to be taken figuratively rather than literally. "Fighting" doesn't always have to mean the physical action itself or causing harm onto others in abusive ways. It can also be interpreted as having a strong conviction to promote something through verbal communication and lifestyle choices.

Strong-willed is defined as one who is determined or headstrong. You've made mention of your unwavering faith and connection to God many times. Your proud of your faith and not afraid of what others may say or think. That alone, qualifies you as being a strong-willed individual.

And yes, this test was not designed to take religion into account. It was designed to interpret an understanding of basic cognitive function.
Last edited by Niabi on Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

Flight Rising

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh thanks for explaining :). I think a hybrid sound more like me

Extraversion/Introversion: How do you recharge yourself:
. I am very out going when I finally get out or to be around other ppl but I also enjoy being just with my husband and having no ppl call or visit. I need days where we don't have any body but the two of us i order to not get stressed but then I really enjoy it when we get company.

Sensing/Intuition: How do you perceive or take in new information? Do you focus on the grand scope of things or on the specific details?
Well that depends on the information and who I get it from ;). I always always consider information in according to my beliefs. So both I think. Sometimes I just look at the grand score but other times i really like to go into details.

Thinking/Feeling: How do you make decisions? Are you practical and logical or accomodating and empathetic?
Again I always take my faith into accounts when I make a dessision. Is It something which the bible speaks for/against? If no bible principals can be used how will my actions/words effect others? If there is a chance that some of my spiritual brothers and sisters might take offentlige I will avoid to do it, even if I am in my right to do so. And im both pratical and logical :P.

Judgement/Perception: How do you orient yourself in the world around you? Are you organized and methodical or are you spontaneous and carefree?
I am really bad with directions. I must plan every detail and look at the route 10000 times. But I am not a great to keep order in the house , and sometimes ppl need to point out to me that things need to be done. Im niether spontanious nor carefree :P

Yes, Im very proud of being a Jehovas Witnesses and I speak about it to all I come across :D. So if that's strong willed then I am. But I am also always working on my personality, to be more humble and not to regard myself higher than others, and to carefully choose my words so I dont hurt or upset others. I do it because I want to try to better myself and I use the guidelinies in the bible to help me. So both strong willed and mild I guess ? :D