Hunter Trainers

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Hunter Trainers

Unread post by Wain »

I was just reminded that we hadn't added any new Hunter Trainers in a while, so I was looking at doing that, and would like suggestions PMed to me.

What responsibilities does the rank bring? None. It's just an acknowledgment of Petopia members who have been around for a while and contributed significantly to the community here. And it makes your name blue.

I'm asking for suggestions because lately my head has become so buried in running the site, managing data, etc. that I can often overlook the valuable contributions that people make over time. Or rather, I'm so distracted it's hard to remember them all. Plus, there are different kinds of contributions, in different sub-communities here, and I don't read them all. So please don't feel that this means you're not appreciated, I'm just all over the place.

So who are the users who make your experience here better, and have contributed positively over a reasonable period (doesn't have to be many years, just more than a few months :) ) and don't already have the blue Hunter Trainer rank?

Please PM me, or post here.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Re: Hunter Trainers

Unread post by Anyia »

I'd suggest this one guy, goes by the name of Wain, but he's already got the blue name tag :)
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Vephriel if she isn't yet, I mostly just lurk and post around the time of new patches and expansions, but she's active, passionate about pets, has been around a long time, and is kind from what I've seen.

Valnaaros is already staff, right?
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

oh hey my name is blue now!

Would also suggest Aroim! I know they've made a lot of cool contributions with beta this time around.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I was actually considering new ranks, if the community thinks it's a good idea.

One I was was considering was "Pet Hunter" (name negotiable) for members that are especially prolific in finding new pets and reporting updates on older ones. Maybe a green name?

Another was "Pet Artist" or "Artist-in-Residence" or something (name suggestions?) for those that showcase all their beautiful artwork here. (colour? something bright?)

Are there any other suggestions? :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I think new ranks would be a good idea :D I am ranked Hunter Trainer even though I dont play WoW anymore.. I would not mind a more appropriate rank like Crazy Dragon Lady :P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Wain wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:12 am Thanks :)

I was actually considering new ranks, if the community thinks it's a good idea.

One I was was considering was "Pet Hunter" (name negotiable) for members that are especially prolific in finding new pets and reporting updates on older ones. Maybe a green name?

Another was "Pet Artist" or "Artist-in-Residence" or something (name suggestions?) for those that showcase all their beautiful artwork here. (colour? something bright?)

Are there any other suggestions? :)
A nice forest green would be great for Pet Finders :)
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I love the idea of new ranks! "Pet Artist" sounds like a great one to add- I know I do a lot more art posting than pet finding or hunter advising, myself. :lol: Maybe a nice dark/muted purple or red? (That's self indulgence talking though!)

Green for pet finders sounds perfect!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Roughly in these ranges? I'm trying to not get a purple that is too close to the one Veph has.

Pet Finder

Pet Artist - too pink?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

It looks great

Dark Brown range/golden Brown for Crazy Dragon Lady ;) not sure Fr require its own title though ;) but I do think I need to not be a Hunter trainer ;)

Think an outfit master title for Kalastra be nice?
And a mount and minipet title?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Wain wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:04 pm Roughly in these ranges? I'm trying to not get a purple that is too close to the one Veph has.

Pet Finder

Pet Artist - too pink?
Those look good imo :D
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Oh the pink is quite cute, I like it a lot!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Noguchi »

Im a total noob here but have used the Petopia site for a long while. Wish i had known about this forum way back but from what i can tell everyone has a big passion for the pets and always have useful information to pass along.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I love the idea of new ranks. Pet finder is an awesome rank. I for one truly appreciate those that go out and locate to friends for us.