Gator!

BooBoo
Realm: Wyrmwrest Accord

Gator!

Unread post by BooBoo »

A few people in Petopians seem to really dig gators, so I thought I'd share a visitor we had in our backyard not too long ago. The man in the pics is my brother-in-law and lives right next to me. Eventually, he took the gator away to a more swampy and appropriate area. :)

He was just a baby, as you can see. lol He was feisty though! He was hissing and thrashing up a storm!

For as the eyes of bats are to the blaze of day, so is the reason in our soul to the things which are by nature most evident of all.
--Aristotle
Nelium
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Detheroc/Nesingwary/Frostwolf

Re: Gator!

Unread post by Nelium »

What a cute little fella! I LOVE gators and we have them here all the time in Louisiana. In fact there was one in my friend's pool last weekend and I saw one while I was swimming three days ago. They are a common sight, but I still reallly enjoy them!

I am very glad that whoever found the gator was kind enough to set it free. :D I have had to hear of them being killed/sold to the market too many times.

Personally, when I find them I don't have to move them as they are on our land with all of the swamp, and they don't frighten me. I have yet to have a pet/farm animal be attacked by one, and I have never beeen struck at even when I walked right onto a mother and her little ones once.

Thank you for sharing the pictures! It makes me smile to know that the little one was unharmed. :hug:
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ahmg it's so cute!!!!!!! *degenerates into squeeing mode*

I wish alligators stumbled into my backyard. D:

Thanks for sharing. ^_^
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

*Sees Veph going crazy*
*Thinks for a short while*
*Disappears*
*Returns with a frying pan*
What...? It looks delicious.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Aaaw! Gator! I held a baby one once....
BooBoo
Realm: Wyrmwrest Accord

Unread post by BooBoo »

Yep, I'm in Louisiana. I live in a more urban area, but it's only a few minutes drive to some swamp. It's a little less common that they wander into the neighborhoods, and it's only the young ones that do. Of course, people do eat plenty of gator around here, but I think it's actually illegal to kill them without a special license? I was under the impression most gator served in restaurants came from gator farms. lol I bet it's a whole different story in Cajun country, though! Not too long after this little baby came to visit, we saw a MONSTER hanging out in City Park. We called Wildlife and Fisheries over that one, though, because many people walk their dogs and let their children play near the ponds there. Don't worry, Veph, they just relocated that one, too. :)

For as the eyes of bats are to the blaze of day, so is the reason in our soul to the things which are by nature most evident of all.
--Aristotle
Rottingham
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin; Illidan

Unread post by Rottingham »

VEPH! I finally have that picture to tag you in for facebook now!!! rofl

Rottingham, Troll Hunter in the Petopians Guild

Check me out on youtube!