What are you reading right now?

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: What are you reading right now?

Unread post by Ana »

Theme in my bookclub : Cartland & Harlequin

Super drippy romantic books.. nothing to do with reality.. but those two ive read havent beed horrid..just unrealistic and honey sweet. 5 books to go. I had feared they had more sex in them but none so far.. which is good. I skip over sexscenes in books

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Reading the Silmarillion in English.. not as hard as i had thought it would be :D more than halfway now
Last edited by Ana on Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I should sit down and read the Silmarillion all the way through, rather than the bits and pieces I have so far. My knowledge of the first age is very sketchy!

Currently reading the science fiction Martine's A Memory of Empire, the second novella in Byatt's Angels & Insects, and Haig's The Midnight Library.

I'm reading Byatt because I saw the film Three Thousand Years of Longing and wanted to read the original story. I realized I already had her novella collection on my e-reader (because of the other film :) ) and decided to finish it first.

The Midnight Library is our book club book this month, a fantasy about the choices we make in life.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Reading all of Astrid Lindgrens work. I quite like the books eventhough they are labeled childrens books. 12 books read so far

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Done with Astrid LIndgren and moved on to Lisbeth Pahnke´s series of books about Britta & Silver... not sure they are in english... its a sweedish writer. I read them when i was a teenager and i enjoy reading them again...
I think i never grow to old for these kind of books :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I am reading all of the black stallion books.
Any one got any good horse series books? I got the Jennie books read already and the Wendy books.
I just love to reconnect with those kind of books again

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I just finished Gailey's American Hippo, set in a silly violent alt history of the usa where hippos were imported to the Mississippi river. All the antiheroes are riding around on hippos, with which they've developed very close relationships.

Also finished Griffith's Spear which is her take on part of Arthurian legend.

Currently reading Knaak's Frostwing. Mind control warnings, other psychic powers, but it's interesting enough for a book club read.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

GormanGhaste wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:41 pm I just finished Gailey's American Hippo, set in a silly violent alt history of the usa where hippos were imported to the Mississippi river. All the antiheroes are riding around on hippos, with which they've developed very close relationships
Except the violence part it sounds quite fun! Is it very violent? Might give it a go if it's not :)

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

The main characters are morally grey and include assassins and thieves. I found them sympathetic, but not everyone does. There is a graphic death of an innocent teenager and a death threat to an infant (neither done by the main characters).
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ahh.im rater squimish so prob going to give it a pass. The hippo thing sounded cool ;)

I stick to my teenagere horse books :P

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Reading Suzanne Snows books about thorndale and others.. they just build like a Halmark movie.. soo predictiable... but kinda fun to read :mrgreen: .. guilty pleasure :mrgreen: :oops: :P

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

reading the third book in Novik's Scholomance series. It's a magic school series, and the second book ended on a cliffhanger. not sure if it's a trilogy, or if we're getting another cliffhanger :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Just read the 4 books about Bridget Jones. Vastly different from the movies. Can recommend the two last books. They really funny and well written. The two books in order is: Bridget Jones Baby and Bridget Jones mad about the boy

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

finished the Scholomance series, recommend

just started reading Kuang's Babel. fantasy alt-history that takes place in Oxford in the 1800s--was on a dark academia reading list :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

one of my guilty pleasures are romantic books.
Been reading the 3 books in the series about the little beach street bakery by jenny colgan. Can highly recommend

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I skipped the sex scenes but this story is just intense... well to me. Read all the books in one week

Anna Todd
After (October 2014)
After We Collided (November 2014)
After We Fell (December 2014)
After Ever Happy (February 2015)
Before (Prequel Novella) (December 2015)

there are more books about the persons in the books.
Landon series
Nothing More (September 2016)
Nothing Less (December 2016)

Just love love love them... well cept the sex scenes

going to watch the movies too.... not sure it be as good as the books

Edit they are not...im such a book geek :)

EleanorBrooks

Unread post by EleanorBrooks »

I think I read Anna Todd's "Nothing More" a long time ago, but I didn't really like it because of those scenes. And I realized that I still love something fantasy. I'm currently reading Stardust by Neil Gaiman, a story about a guy who travels to a magical land to collect a shooting star to give to his sweetheart. Along the way, he encounters witches, pirates, unicorns, and other creatures. This book makes you believe in miracles, dreams, and love. I really like to read, but I never learned how to write. I don't get this skill at all. I even found a site for homework https://essaylab.com/cheap_essays where I can buy cheap essays online from expert writers. Still, I like reading much more, I can say that this is my passion, without which I cannot imagine myself.
Last edited by EleanorBrooks on Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I enjoyed Stardust!

Recently finished Baldree's Legends and Lattes, a cozy fantasy about an orc opening up a coffeeshop. Recommended

Currently enjoying Wolfe's Shadow & Claw.
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I can second the recommendation for "Legends and Lattes" I read it a little while back and it was a fun, light read.

I just started Scalzi's "Kaiju Preservation Society" since I was in the mood for something else kind of light.
Wingaard

Unread post by Wingaard »

Maria wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:02 am Reading all of Astrid Lindgrens work. I quite like the books eventhough they are labeled childrens books. 12 books read so far
Oh, I read about Pippi Longstocking as a kid. It was funny. But now I like Andrzej Sapkowski more. And I mean books written before 2000!, not new series on netflix :twisted: