Amazing Singing

Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Amazing Singing

Unread post by Nevar »

This clip is from Americas Got Talent - I witnessed this on TV, let me first say theres no way she can fake this they'd be all over her looking for how she does it and it isnt possible you can NOT lip sync at least on that show she'd have been caught you cant cheat talent. I normally am not a fan of opera but man this...this is beautiful - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKhmFSV-XB0

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: Amazing Singing

Unread post by Sukurachi »

sadly, it's not so "amazing" singing.
if the girl continues singing this way, she won't have a voice by the time she hits 18.

she's singing with all the worst defects possible for an "opera" singer. her voice is placed wrong.

and no, I'm not jealous.
I've been working as an opera coach for nearly 30 years.

what I find a shame is that this sort of thing gets as much attention as it does, while singers who work their a$$es off for years get no attention, and struggle to make ends meet. I blame American fast-food mentality. "it's gotta be cool, or else we aren't interested".

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Korii
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Korii »

Sukurachi wrote:sadly, it's not so "amazing" singing.
if the girl continues singing this way, she won't have a voice by the time she hits 18.

she's singing with all the worst defects possible for an "opera" singer. her voice is placed wrong.

and no, I'm not jealous.
I've been working as an opera coach for nearly 30 years.

what I find a shame is that this sort of thing gets as much attention as it does, while singers who work their a$$es off for years get no attention, and struggle to make ends meet. I blame American fast-food mentality. "it's gotta be cool, or else we aren't interested".

Thank you, it's good to know I'm not the only one thinking this (I'm not an opera coach....had a few years of voice training, but nothing spectacular)

I also have this irritation with children being put on these shows, beauty pageants, etc. To me it feels like exploitation and/or the parents trying to live vicariously, but....that's jusy my opinion...

Thanks, Veph for the siggy!
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nevar »

While she could be damaging her vocal cords.. She still gets the glory shes singing her parents arent. I think shes good because it sounds pretty if it had come from an older woman it'd still be pretty but the fact is America is amazed it comes out of such a tiny body. Its like your saying she dosent deserve attention or credit because shes good just because of her age and to me thats wrong. How many singers do you know that go out and promote what they do, if any of them had gone on a show like this that is televised nation wide then perhaps. I find it amazing because it sounds beautiful just like when Susan Boyle sang.. it was amazing to find that a voice like that could come out of someone you dont picture it coming out of. Were people the extraordinary amazes us but dont be negative because then your just being rude - shes a child, honestly I doubt she knows any of what you just said in part because if I remember right she taught herself to sing in like 2 years. Just my opinion.

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

and that is where you are wrong.
she DOESN'T sound "amazing".
she only does so to someone who doesn't know anything about voice.

we should be amazed "because she's young"?
I'm sorry, but that is SO not the right reason.

I've heard children with glorious voices. And I WAS amazed at the beautiful instrument they were gifted with. Also the hard work that went into preparing their voice. But they didn't try to pass themselves off as an opera diva.

This girl's voice sounds like crap because it's buried deep in her throat.
She also is missing half the notes in the piece and "improvising" part of the melody. (which is a terrible mark of disrespect to maestro Puccini)

you're falling into the circus freak trap.
it's "amazing" because it's a kid.
if it was an adult it would be ho-hum.

well, that's the wrong attitude to take.
this kid is destroying her voice trying to sing the way she is.
and you MIGHT think it's "pretty" now, but I can guarantee you that there are countless women with FAR more beautiful voices singing that exact same aria (I accompanied one at the piano in concert a month ago).

don't let yourself get sucked into that bottomless pit of mediocrity that is the American entertainment industry, especially when they are pawning off some child as "brilliance".

Those judges are as impressed as the audience, and I can tell you why: because they KNOW about as much as the audience does about classical singing (or singing at all).

If some adult came in and sang that same aria, the same way this kid sings it, no one would be batting an eyelash. because she's just not that good.

people are ONLY impressed "because she's a kid". and that is SO the wrong reason to be impressed.

edit:
and by the way, saying that I'm just being negative, and being negative is "rude"? really. get serious.
I'm giving a professional opinion, and one that NONE of the "judges" on that show are actually capable of giving.
if you think THAT is rude, you've got some growing up to do before you hit the real world.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nevar »

Frankly, I enjoyed it and liked hearing her sing and tbh thats all that matters to me. I like hearing pretty singing and to me its pretty all there is to it. I posted it so others could hear and hear how pretty it is too I didnt post this for someone to over anazlyze it.

Foxy and Wiley! <3

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

My mother loves America's Got Talent. She watches it frequently while I'm sitting in the living room on my laptop, so I see a lot of acts on this show.

It STUNS me how often children are on this show. I totally agree with you Korii, I have a real problem with kids being on this show. Not because they do or don't have talent; some of them ARE genuinely talented. But kids are impressionable, and parents can easily say 'you want this,' and kids can just as easily say, 'okay.' Furthermore, the prize at the end of this show that everybody wants is a show slot in Vegas. VEGAS. Kids do not belong in Vegas. Kids should be being KIDS, not having their lives ruined because they're doing business when they're eight, nine, ten years old for adults. It just bugs me.

The other thing about this show that bugs me is that there are people with genuine talent, obvious TALENT, but they're frequently not voted through, while stupid acts go through with alarming frequency. It's not because of talent, it's because they need something amusing in the later episodes so they can have fun making fun of people and kicking them off to keep the audience entertained in the future.

Just...ngh.

I did see this girl on the show, btw. I thought she was pretty good, but I also had a hard time believing it was her. I know nothing about music or singing, though, so if she was doing something wrong I'd have no idea. That's the point--if nobody knows, it'll sell. Sigh.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

if we're going to post videos of BEAUTIFUL young voices, then at least, let's hear something that Really IS beautiful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2uXZCUT ... re=related

now THIS is a gorgeous child's voice.

and if you want to hear O Mio Babbino Caro sung properly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul9OTShQ_rc

enjoy. now THAT is one gorgeous voice.

"Step on no pets!"

Korii
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Korii »

Nevar wrote:While she could be damaging her vocal cords.. She still gets the glory shes singing her parents arent.
Right, she may get the glory, but her parents get the profits. She has a CD out, amongst other stuff....she's a minor and can't technically receive or control the incoming funds.
Nevar wrote:I think shes good because it sounds pretty if it had come from an older woman it'd still be pretty but the fact is America is amazed it comes out of such a tiny body. Its like your saying she dosent deserve attention or credit because shes good just because of her age and to me thats wrong.
I'm not saying she shouldn't get credit because she's young. I personally don't think she's that good in that style of song. I'm far from an expert, but I've noticed a ton of technical issues with her singing. To me, it doesn't sound like her actual voice. I can her her natural singing voice trying to break through on some notes, and the rest sounds like she's attempting to imitate an opera singer.
Nevar wrote:How many singers do you know that go out and promote what they do, if any of them had gone on a show like this that is televised nation wide then perhaps.
I know a lot of singers, and all of the ones that I do know DO attempt to promote themselves. The problem is that...how many 20-30+ year old singers are there out there? I have friends who have performed in musicals, both in local theatre as well as Broadway, and I also have friends who are trained opera performers, and also have appeared on stage.
Nevar wrote:I find it amazing because it sounds beautiful just like when Susan Boyle sang.. it was amazing to find that a voice like that could come out of someone you dont picture it coming out of. Were people the extraordinary amazes us but dont be negative because then your just being rude
I don't think that criticizing anyone in itself is being rude, or even negative. This is my opinion on the matter, which everyone is entitled to have and express.
Nevar wrote: - shes a child, honestly I doubt she knows any of what you just said in part because if I remember right she taught herself to sing in like 2 years. Just my opinion.
Exactly. She is performing in a very very complicated style without actual training. To give a different example, it would be like playing cello without instruction. A person may have a natural talent for it, but without instruction......that talent can't be developed and made into professional quality work.

We may all sing in the car, shower, what have you, but professional singing on stage, putting out CDs, etc, requires a better technical grasp on the instrument (your voice) than 2 years of being self taught.

Again, just my opinion. Agree or disagree as you will....I'm not overanalyzing, trust me....you'd know if I was. This is just from listening to the video once through.

Edit: and I noticed other responses posted before mine.....haven't read through them yet...

Thanks, Veph for the siggy!
Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Vespias »

Mrs Ves agrees that the child will destroy her voice. She says that the song she chose to sing is one that requires a lot of control that this girl obviously doesn't have yet. She is just extending her voice to where it shouldn't be yet. I myself know what I like as far as music goes but even I could see the difference in how natural the flow of the sound was when I listened to the second video that Suku posted. The more learned and controlled voice was much more relaxed and therefor much more natural.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I'm not a fan of opera in any way, so I can't exactly tell if she's good or not, but even to me it's obvious that she doesn't really sing like that. At some points her real voice got trough, and it was obvious. Besides, as said, she will destroy her voice. Poor people on television...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Quin
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US )

Unread post by Quin »

Saturo wrote:I'm not a fan of opera in any way, so I can't exactly tell if she's good or not, but even to me it's obvious that she doesn't really sing like that. At some points her real voice got trough, and it was obvious. Besides, as said, she will destroy her voice. Poor people on television...
^ agreed

She sounds more like she's trying to mimic an actual opera singer instead of actually singing opera if that makes sense.

That said, she clearly has a good deal of vocal talent (I know I couldn't do that!), but she needs to be properly trained and cultivated like any talent.
Quiniel Suncrier

Mini-Pet Collection - Mount Collection - Tabard Collection

Many thanks to Ket Shi for the lovely signature and Moonlost for the wonderful avatar!