Whacha listenin' to?

Erwin
Realm: Quel'Thalas EU / Runetotem EU

Re: Whacha listenin' to?

Unread post by Erwin »

Chris Rea - The Road To Hell (1989)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xecm2p6x ... re=related

A real 'freeway feeling' while listening to this and ride on my goblin trike :)
Image Image
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

Nightquest by Nightwish. Best song ever, by a really awesome band. Kinda operatic heavy metal with fantasy elements in their songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSo5Gk2P8OA for those wanting a listen. It really is best track on the whole goddamn CD. Anyone who likes it, I wish you the best of luck finding the CD with that track on it. Its a Japanese-only bonus track, which also happens to be the best track on the ENTIRE CD! Why they'd make their best track available only in Japan...who knows. Either way, VERY worth a listen, at the least. I have the entire CD with all the bonus tracks on it. My granny bought it for me when I went to visit her in Japan. Yay family connections. :mrgreen:
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Neverforever
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Anetheron (Horde-US)

Unread post by Neverforever »

She Wolf-Shakira (The name of my worgen druid.) =D

Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

UGH, I love Nightwish...and Within Temptation...and especially Epica. Dramatic Mezzo-Sopranos ftw!

The Gates of Hell from the Bayonetta soundtrack.
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Nahale
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Nahale »

Last edited by Nahale on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Aritria wrote:UGH, I love Nightwish...and Within Temptation...and especially Epica. Dramatic Mezzo-Sopranos ftw!

The Gates of Hell from the Bayonetta soundtrack.
Woot! Another fan! I also love Epica and Within Temptation. Have you tried the bands Tristania and Sirenia? They're similar, but a little more metal-y and have more growly vocals. Sirenia's latest albums have been kind of...veering away from metal, though, sadly. At Sixes and Sevens remains their best so far. While Tristania's best is World of Glass, in my opinion. Beyond the Veil is awesome too, and it was the last time Morten Veland was with Tristania. =(

Listening to: Oh Death, by Jen Titus. I was compelled to by Supernatural reruns, and this song is badass. At least, the Supernatural rewrite written specifically FOR DEATH'S OPENING SCENE is.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

Sarantha wrote:Woot! Another fan! I also love Epica and Within Temptation. Have you tried the bands Tristania and Sirenia? They're similar, but a little more metal-y and have more growly vocals. Sirenia's latest albums have been kind of...veering away from metal, though, sadly. At Sixes and Sevens remains their best so far. While Tristania's best is World of Glass, in my opinion. Beyond the Veil is awesome too, and it was the last time Morten Veland was with Tristania. =(

Listening to: Oh Death, by Jen Titus. I was compelled to by Supernatural reruns, and this song is badass. At least, the Supernatural rewrite written specifically FOR DEATH'S OPENING SCENE is.
I've heard of Tristania and I did buy Sirenia's 13th Floor album a bit ago, but I haven't had a good sit down to just listen to it. I enjoy the genre because a) It shows that female-fronted metal bands can kick arse and take names, and b) Gives me hope that those with choral experience and more operatic voices can make a name for themselves in a genre such as metal. It makes the Choir nerd in me happy.

Listening to:Night Ride Across the Caucasus, Loreena McKennitt.
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Aritria wrote:
Sarantha wrote:Woot! Another fan! I also love Epica and Within Temptation. Have you tried the bands Tristania and Sirenia? They're similar, but a little more metal-y and have more growly vocals. Sirenia's latest albums have been kind of...veering away from metal, though, sadly. At Sixes and Sevens remains their best so far. While Tristania's best is World of Glass, in my opinion. Beyond the Veil is awesome too, and it was the last time Morten Veland was with Tristania. =(

I've heard of Tristania and I did buy Sirenia's 13th Floor album a bit ago, but I haven't had a good sit down to just listen to it. I enjoy the genre because a) It shows that female-fronted metal bands can kick arse and take names, and b) Gives me hope that those with choral experience and more operatic voices can make a name for themselves in a genre such as metal. It makes the Choir nerd in me happy.

Listening to:Night Ride Across the Caucasus, Loreena McKennitt.
Sirenia's 13th Floor isn't a good one to start out with, imo. That is the album where they start veering away from metal into more rock/pop sounds. Start with At Sixes and Sevens. I honestly PREFER female fronted metal to male fronted metal. It just...I dunno, SOUNDS so much better.

Listening to: Carry on My Wayward Son, Kansas. Also known as the Supernatural theme song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3OdH9lHWdQ&feature=fvst
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Love Nightwish and Within Temptation. ^^ There's a couple songs from the new Nightwish vocalist that I like, but overall I prefer the original singer.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Anette Olzon is good, and has a gorgeous voice, but I SO PREFER Tarja and her style of singing. It was much grittier and just went much better with Tuomas and his growling vocals. Thats why I like Nightquest so much. The Escapist is my favorite Anette song, but nothing beats Nightquest.
Atalanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Daggerspine/Frostwhisper EU

Unread post by Atalanta »

Santerna - Fireball

Epic tune. ^.^

Druid // Hunter

"There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today."

Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjPau5QYtYs

For some reason I'm on an 80's kick again....

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

World of Glass, by Tristania

Youtube link for a listen to this wonderful song and band: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV37od2UQRk
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I'll admit I can't stand either Tarja's weak mezzo, or Nightwish in general, but at least all this talk of her has brought me back to opera this morning, so thank you. <3

Giulietta Simionato and Giuseppe di Stefano performing "No, no Turiddu rimani, rimani ancora" from Mascagni's Cavalleria Rusticana.

Also, drooling over Cecilia Bartoli's delightful version of Händel's "Ombra mai fu."

Really happy now. :D
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

La Luna, by Sarah Brightman

And I do not think Tarja is weak at all. She has a very strong voice in my opinion. Perhaps not for pure opera, but she sings her parts very well as the lead singer of Nightwish.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Jonney cashs "hurt". Stupid bus driver playing it makeing all of us want to die D:
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Randomly woke up in an AFI mood today. Currently listening to God Called In Sick Today.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Sarantha wrote: And I do not think Tarja is weak at all. She has a very strong voice in my opinion. Perhaps not for pure opera, but she sings her parts very well as the lead singer of Nightwish.
Yes, you're right there. Her voice is indeed sufficient for her genre, but my problem is that I love metal (but my tastes are clearly wildly different to yours) and I really love opera, but I despise mixing them. And then I try to be fair and listen to her voice in an operatic sense, which makes me want to cry when I realise that this woman could never make it on a real opera stage, which is likely why she stuck to her goth-"metal".

Anyhow, I started liking Nightwish a heck of a lot more once I heard the new singer. She has a lovely, delicate voice which works with the music. Still can't say I'm a fan, but I think the band is now more about music and harmonies, rather than vocal fireworks.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people liking them, more fame to my country after all. :lol:

Currently listening to Maria Callas performing Rossini's "Una Voce Poco Fa" from The Barber of Seville.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I like operatic metal a lot. I think mixing the two was GENIUS. Of course, tastes may vary wildly. :D

Pure opera is gorgeous, pure metal is badass, but the mixture is just perfect. Its not too shrill and high pitched like some pure opera is, and its not too screamy like some metal.

Also, Johnny Cash is NOT AWFUL!

Listening to: Ring of Fire, by Johnny Cash, whom I love.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Who said he was all I said was that song allways make people want to die cos it's so sad.