Piercing ideas.

Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Piercing ideas.

Unread post by Moore »

So sometime soon my brother's going to take up piercing and I've agreed to be a guinea pig when he does.

Question is I'm out of piercing ideas :{

So far I've got tongue/labret/ eyebrow but don't know what else to get. Was thinking about getting a few more eyebrow piercings but that's all I can come up with.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Piercing ideas.

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I have a bull ring XD Image Get one of those
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Moore »

I was telling my friend how I liked those the other day, I also would at some time like to try a cheek piercing of some sort. Also just saw a piercing that's roughly right behind your knuckles looks neat o.o Also want a wrist piercing sometime as well.

Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Gumballs »

I have a septum ring that I have had for over three years and I love it. I recommend it to anyone because it is easy to pierce, easy to maintain and so cool looking. I hope to get cheeks pierced too, they are pretty cool and I don't see them around often. Anything on ears is pretty easy to heal and some can look pretty neat like a tragus or anti-tragus. A few other neat ones are tongue webbing, smilie or high-nostrils. And theres always the standard navel piercing, top or bottom.

I would NOT advise getting a microdermal or a surface piercing. especially in a high traffic area such as knuckle or wrist, and especially if it's going to be done by an amateur. I got four microdermals along my hips this summer, done by the same piercer who has been doing my piercings for years. He is very talented and skilled and I trust him 100%. I did a ton of research beforehand and he instantly averted me from surface bars because they have a very high rejection rate (70-80% I believe) and have the potential to leave bad scarring.

I ended up going with Poly Microdermals. They are small implants under the skin. The negative to this is that they are fairly permanent unless you a) go to get them removed or b) have them reject. The rejection rate is very low, close to 1%, and the poly ones do not need to be removed when you have surgery. I got them done and it hurt pretty bad but damn I loved them.

The only problem was is that they were on my stomach which is a high traffic area. Sleep, snuggling, sex, car rides, and even carrying things (like boxes for work) had the potential to hit them. It ended up being a very bad experience; I smacked them very hard on the desk at work and both ended up rejecting on one side because of it. Afterwards one got ripped out while I was sleeping and I ended up taking the last one out. They left pretty nasty scars on my stomach but I AM planning on getting them redone, only one at a time.

They look amazing and they can turn into very beautiful piercings if taken care of right. I only wanted to share my story to show that in high traffic areas they can be trouble, even when pierced by a professional with 30+ years of experience.

Good luck to your brother and his piercing career, and good luck to you guinea pig! Share pictures when you get anything done. :)
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Don't get a willy one only bad things come out of those :S
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Moore »

I knew about the rejection rate for the microdermals, how do they do the implants under the skin? I've seen those but haven't seen how they do it exactly. Scarring is not really an issue for me as I'm a dude and have plenty of scars anyways o.o.

However I'm not sure about the nose because I don't like my nose so I'm paranoid about drawing attention to it @_@.

Also the lower region piercing, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

With micros they basically take a 'cookie cutter' needle. They puncture the skin with it and it has to be a certain depth; too deep and it will cause excess damage, and too shallow and it will reject. The puncture cuts a little 'o' in the skin which the piercer then removes. Then they just fit the jewelry under the skin and screw the top on.

It was SO damn painful. I have a high pain tolerance and it hurt like hell, but it was way worth it.

Here's a cell phone shot of them a few hours after they were done. I got them higher up than some people but I wanted to show them off and not have them hidden by my jeans which usually rest on my hip bones anyways.

And here's what they turned into. This was my first one to reject, as you can see the whole was a LOT bigger than what it's supposed to be. Ugh, I miss them so much.
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Moore »

That's awesome I'm gonna have to remember that ofc I'll have to find a suitable area, I cringe thinking about having those on my arm and then someone running up beside me and running their arm down mine and pulling them out ._.

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I'm curious too...where you looking for permanent piercings, or temporary ones? I know some are meant to stick around for a long time (ears, nose, etc) while others are temporary (a day to a week or two). Might give you more options.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I really like my ear piercings!

Yeah, I'm not a cool kid like you guys... :/

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Saturo wrote: Yeah, I'm not a cool kid like you guys... :/

Pffft, What ever Saturo, you can try and act all not cool and stuff, but we all know you are. Admit it, you invented the back seat of the bus!

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Moore wrote:That's awesome I'm gonna have to remember that ofc I'll have to find a suitable area, I cringe thinking about having those on my arm and then someone running up beside me and running their arm down mine and pulling them out ._.
Oh yeah. It was a constant fear having them on my hips. I was so scared it was going to get hit. Especially in the car because the seatbelt went right over them. If you ARE considering get microdermals, be prepared to make constant changes depending on wear you get them, and make sure everyone you will be close-ish to knows about them! They take 4 months to a year to anchor in completely, but even afterwards if they are pulled or hit very hard they can reject.

And I also never considered 'play' piercings when I made suggestions! Fun things like corset piercings (on your back, calf, etc.) or any surface piercing EVEN if you don't put a bar through. It will help your brother practice placement and actually piercing itself. Just depends on your pain tolerance. :)
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Moore »

Corset piercing would be kind of odd for me. O_O

And I know if I did get a microdermal one of my friends would rip one out for fun @_@, (we have some weird senses of humor)

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

The craziest piercing I've gotten is my tragus, lol. I did get a small keloid from it on the inside of my ear that thankfully went away about a year after the piercing, but it was pretty irritating that whole time.

I think eyebrow piercings are neat, lip piercings are sexy as heck on guys (but I'm not a guy, lol), nose piercings look good on other people but I don't think they'd look good on me, and any sort of non-facial piercings are out of the question for me. I just don't have the right kind of body to want to draw attention to anything other than my face. :cry:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
KynraWindrunner
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Windrunner/Uther

Unread post by KynraWindrunner »

I love lip piercing on guys! They're so sexy, snake bites especially =D

I love anykind of piercing though. Tounge piercings are sweet and I want one so freaking bad! I also have my lip pierced <3 I love it. My brother had his eyebrow pierced and it looked pretty cool on him, and he also had snake bites (both sides of the lip pierced, case you didn't know) =]
Your Zodiac sign is: Rooster Image

People with this sign are said to have these characteristics:

Neat, organized, alert, perfectionist, scientific, responsible.

Can be critical, egotistical, rough, opinionated.
pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

You should consider getting a monroe. I'm very happy with mine and don't see them often. :O
Also, I'm not sure if this is typical, but the piercing healed very quickly. Overall just a very clean one to maintain, and cute!

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

Tsiya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Tsiya »

I have a piercing, I guess it would be an upper tragus? It's not in the flap, but in the curve above on the front edge. Love it and get tons of compliments on it, seen one other with it and after about 6 months she let it close. Still freaks my mother out, even though I've had it for 10 years lol.

My pets - My companions

Sig by Sookie!

Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Moore »

A lot of these latter ideas seem odd for a guy to have o.o lol

Also story time:

My friend had a lip piercing once, then got a job working with fiber glass. Fiber glass got into the piercing and it swoll up so bad he had to take pliers to get it out.

Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Moore »

Anyone happen to know a site where I can buy jewelry? :\ I lost the ball to my labret piercing and cannot find it for the life of me :(