Blood Beast taming search

For discussion of the current expansion - pets, mounts, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3844
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Valnaaros » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:19 pm

They aren't against adding loot to the loot tables of outdated raids. A prime example is how they added pets to some of the bosses of many old raids. Uldir is still current content and will remain current when 8.1 drops.

SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:35 pm
Realm: Everywhere

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by SlickrockGhost » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:27 pm

True, but those were cosmetics. I'm not against it being added as a raid drop, I just find it odd.

Also, given the greater extent of massive secret questlines these days, I'd more likely expect a 27-step questline than a raid drop.

Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3844
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Valnaaros » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:42 pm

Technically Hunter pets, in large part, are just cosmetics.

It's possible that it could be a secret, but there hasn't been anything found in datamining that would indicate that. We'll find out in a couple of weeks whether it is a drop or something more elaborate :)

User avatar
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Posts: 3258
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:45 pm
Realm: Aman'Thul
Location: Australia

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by SpiritBinder » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:23 pm

I guess they have added new content in old maps/areas (like new mech tamables in gnomeregan) and for other classes, etc. However i have a feeling it will be either be either like slick suggested (A mystery wrapped in an enigma, lost in the twisting nether) or probably just be found on a vendor or super easy.
I hope it has some flair to it myself. A little story and lore, a bit of digging around (like the gara quest line, but not so involved) and thus you end up like you’ve found/earned some secret into the art of taming then.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­

SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:35 pm
Realm: Everywhere

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by SlickrockGhost » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:01 am

Side question.. did we really have a lot of people asking for Crawgs?.. seems there could have been other choices for a special tame...

Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3844
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Valnaaros » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:53 am

I like them, but they weren't a family that I was hoping would be made tamable. I honestly thought that due to their nature that they would never be made tamable.

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11761
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Wain » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:55 am

Yeah, a lot of people seem to love crawgs. At least anecdotally, I haven't run any surveys recently :)

It's not a creature I expected, because crawgs are really limited thematically - created through special magical circumstances and not likely to appear anywhere else in the universe - so on their own they'd have become a tiny family. I did have hopes for blood ticks, because they could have fit with spiders as an arachnid family. Instead, the designers came up with Blood Beasts, which is possibly a little forced, but I think that's ok - I strongly suspect the designers realize that, but did it anyway so they had an excuse to add both crawgs and blood ticks, and I appreciate that. :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16007
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Vephriel » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:27 am

I was hoping for Crawgs *so* badly, I'm so thrilled they'll be tameable, I honestly didn't think we'd get them. :D The ticks are just a cherry on top!

User avatar
GormanGhaste
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4963
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:00 pm
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by GormanGhaste » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:23 am

I wanted to tame the blood ticks at first sight. And now I have the Veinseeker mount, which is my absolute favorite!
Image

SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:35 pm
Realm: Everywhere

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by SlickrockGhost » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:21 am

Vephriel wrote:I was hoping for Crawgs *so* badly, I'm so thrilled they'll be tameable, I honestly didn't think we'd get them. :D The ticks are just a cherry on top!
Well I'm truly glad to get the option for them. Just didn't see them as high on the list.

Although I have grown fond of the crawg outpost mount.. he's very useful. :ugeek:

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11761
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Wain » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:05 pm

SlickrockGhost wrote:
Vephriel wrote:I was hoping for Crawgs *so* badly, I'm so thrilled they'll be tameable, I honestly didn't think we'd get them. :D The ticks are just a cherry on top!
Well I'm truly glad to get the option for them. Just didn't see them as high on the list.

Although I have grown fond of the crawg outpost mount.. he's very useful. :ugeek:
Spud? I think he's responsible for a lot of Alli players becoming fonder of crawgs :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:35 pm
Realm: Everywhere

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by SlickrockGhost » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:42 pm

Wain wrote:Spud? I think he's responsible for a lot of Alli players becoming fonder of crawgs :)
Yep. Til we fly, he'll be quite worthwhile. Maybe even after that, he's pretty fast.

User avatar
Myzou
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1115
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Myzou » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:58 pm

I'm more surprised we're getting Crawgs simply because they're the children of a Loa.

User avatar
Qraljar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Qraljar » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:33 pm

Myzou wrote:I'm more surprised we're getting Crawgs simply because they're the children of a Loa.
I know. The mate of a Loa is one thing, but the children--

What is this world coming to!?

:P
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

User avatar
Myzou
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1115
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Myzou » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:41 am

Qraljar wrote:
Myzou wrote:I'm more surprised we're getting Crawgs simply because they're the children of a Loa.
I know. The mate of a Loa is one thing, but the children--

What is this world coming to!?

:P
I mean, the mate of a Loa isn't necessarily related to a Loa. Loque'nahak could very well just be a wild animal.

But the children of a Loa has Loa blood in them. :P And apart from that one instance of Shadra, they've been very careful to not let hunters tame anything Loa related.

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11761
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Wain » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:48 am

Crawgs are corrupted and are pretty much just wild animals now, though. Krag'wa even disowned them. I doubt there's any hard and fast rule, they probably just decided they were mundane enough looking for taming.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3844
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Valnaaros » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:09 am

Wain wrote:Crawgs are corrupted and are pretty much just wild animals now, though. Krag'wa even disowned them. I doubt there's any hard and fast rule, they probably just decided they were mundane enough looking for taming.
This. If Krag'wa still cared about them and they still had their sentience, we would not be able to tame them. The dire toads in Krag'wa's domain cannot be tamed for these reasons.

User avatar
Qraljar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Qraljar » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:42 am

Valnaaros wrote:
Wain wrote:Crawgs are corrupted and are pretty much just wild animals now, though. Krag'wa even disowned them. I doubt there's any hard and fast rule, they probably just decided they were mundane enough looking for taming.
This. If Krag'wa still cared about them and they still had their sentience, we would not be able to tame them. The dire toads in Krag'wa's domain cannot be tamed for these reasons.
You stop it!

We're gonna get tameable dire toads, we're gonna get em - get em - get em, damn it! :cry:
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3844
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Valnaaros » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:50 am

Can make other dire toads that use the same model and are not related to Krag'wa. It's just the ones specifically in Krag'wa's domain that would be considered his children :)

User avatar
Qraljar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Qraljar » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:54 am

Valnaaros wrote:Can make other dire toads that use the same model and are not related to Krag'wa. It's just the ones specifically in Krag'wa's domain that would be considered his children :)
Yeah, I'm just kidding.

It really is weird to me that in the expansion where they add two new toad models and one new frog model, they also add a tameable toad family but none of those new models are available?

Major PSYCH going on there.
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

Post Reply