8.3 Taming List

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 8.3 Taming List

Unread post by Wain »

I'll add those things to the unofficial family category. I've already taken shots of the wicker creatures, but I'll get pics of the skeletal/undead ones too. What do we have, apart from skeletal raptors, skeletal Zandalari raptor, skeletal Zand. devilsaurs, skeletal windserpent, skeletal hippogryph, undead Grong model gorilla?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Wain wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:54 pm I'll add those things to the unofficial family category. I've already taken shots of the wicker creatures, but I'll get pics of the skeletal/undead ones too. What do we have, apart from skeletal raptors, skeletal Zandalari raptor, skeletal Zand. devilsaurs, skeletal windserpent, skeletal hippogryph, undead Grong model gorilla?
There's the skeletal dogs/hellhounds, I think they first appeared during the Molten Front? Not sure if they're considered undead per se, but I feel like I've seen them used as undead in a few different areas, like Drustvar.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

PrimalTazza wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:54 am
Wain wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:54 pm I'll add those things to the unofficial family category. I've already taken shots of the wicker creatures, but I'll get pics of the skeletal/undead ones too. What do we have, apart from skeletal raptors, skeletal Zandalari raptor, skeletal Zand. devilsaurs, skeletal windserpent, skeletal hippogryph, undead Grong model gorilla?
There's the skeletal dogs/hellhounds, I think they first appeared during the Molten Front? Not sure if they're considered undead per se, but I feel like I've seen them used as undead in a few different areas, like Drustvar.
Thanks :) I think I have images of those already. As you mention they're a bit complicated, as they seem to be used for undead and elemental creatures.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I'm not sure about them as a separate family. Already mechanicals feel like you're being shoe-horned into one family if you want to RP a tinker. As far as keeping track of possible pets in an expansion featuring the afterlife and undeath, though, no arguments here on that.

other undead beast models: Gluth. And maybe this is a stretch, but there's skeletal hozen without any gear on. They could possibly be monkeys. Maybe that's too many degrees of 'what if', I dunno.

If they've got artists working on new 'undead' models, bear and cat skeletons would be fun, both as hunter pets and for druids.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Xota wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:49 pm
I'm not sure about them as a separate family. Already mechanicals feel like you're being shoe-horned into one family if you want to RP a tinker. As far as keeping track of possible pets in an expansion featuring the afterlife and undeath, though, no arguments here on that.
The "unclassified" family is just where I stick all these untameable models when it's not yet clear which family they'd belong to :) I created it because in early Beta I like to take shots of anything that might become tameable, and it's a good way to keep track of things when we're unsure of family, and continue to keep track of things that don't make it. I need to add elemental & undead beasts yet.
Xota wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:49 pm other undead beast models: Gluth. And maybe this is a stretch, but there's skeletal hozen without any gear on. They could possibly be monkeys. Maybe that's too many degrees of 'what if', I dunno.

If they've got artists working on new 'undead' models, bear and cat skeletons would be fun, both as hunter pets and for druids.
Oh yes! Gluth! :)

It would be cool to have more skeletal models of things. In BfA they went all-out with making new humanoid skeleton models (or was it Legion? I'm losing track), so some artist there must be pretty good at it by now.
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by erictks1 »

I wondering did we missed the mechanism to tame brutosaur ? Saw some of them have beast lore but can’t be tame ...
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

There are a lot of beasts currently untamable that has beast lore, with the Brutosaurs being one of them. If Brutosaurs were actually tamable, there would be information in the database that would indicate that there was some way to do so.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Went to tame Ala'washte, and let it spawn its Fierce Hatchlings. While Beast Lore says it's tameable, the Fierce Hatchling can NOT be tamed because it's already controlled. There's no reason to tame the Fierce Hatchling since the rare has the same skin and keeps its name, but this should be noted on the page for the Orange-Black Roc as an untameable NPC, not a tameable one.
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sen'jin NA

Unread post by Pokcmvmxckm »

I don't think its been mentioned yet but some of the dread raven pets can fly, at least when used as Animal companions. I have Irewing and he loves to fly away after I get off of elevators as well as chase down flying mobs. Here's a pic I took while fighting Vexiona, its absolutely hilarious watching my bird follow the boss trying to fight it in there air.
WoWScrnShot_031120_214800.jpg
WoWScrnShot_031120_214800.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 33982 times
Valariel
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by Valariel »

Pokcmvmxckm wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:01 pm I don't think its been mentioned yet but some of the dread raven pets can fly, at least when used as Animal companions. I have Irewing and he loves to fly away after I get off of elevators as well as chase down flying mobs.
WoWScrnShot_031120_214800.jpg
Thats a known issue/bug/feature with pets that were flying before taming.
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

Valariel wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:33 am Thats a known issue/bug/feature with pets that were flying before taming.
Definitely a feature in my opinion! :D
All flying pets should be able to do this. Although in the interest of being fair I can understand why it isn't. :|

However, I'd be more than happy for them to stay with you when flying on your own mount rather than despawn as they do currently. :o
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

dumb request. can you make sabuul a separate model on the site as he has a void effect that stays with him after taming.
i mean you did for the marsuul why not sabuul and also do the talbuk with the void effect in his eyes
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Zoruaronan wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:18 pm dumb request. can you make sabuul a separate model on the site as he has a void effect that stays with him after taming.
i mean you did for the marsuul why not sabuul and also do the talbuk with the void effect in his eyes
Not a dumb request at all :) I'll look at doing that. It'll take a little while because it will require photoshop work (which I'm not good at) and I have more urgent stuff to do on Warcraft Mounts (Blizzard are switching off the method we use to get mount collections on the 16th so I have to switch it over before then!).
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sen'jin NA

Unread post by Pokcmvmxckm »

Valariel wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:33 am
Pokcmvmxckm wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:01 pm I don't think its been mentioned yet but some of the dread raven pets can fly, at least when used as Animal companions. I have Irewing and he loves to fly away after I get off of elevators as well as chase down flying mobs. WoWScrnShot_031120_214800.jpg
Thats a known issue/bug/feature with pets that were flying before taming.
Is there a list of these pets some where? I wish to tame them all and raise an armada of birbs!
The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by The Insect Man »

Wain - re undead pets, do you have the spectral spider in the WoD Garrison halloween pack? That would be grand.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The Insect Man wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:05 pm Wain - re undead pets, do you have the spectral spider in the WoD Garrison halloween pack? That would be grand.
Hmm, I might add that! But then, any creature model could potentially have a spectral form generated easily. For now I might just stick to ones where the base skin is undead-like so currently not tameable. I'll look into it and decide :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

This *isn't* tameable but I wish I'd noticed it sooner and maybe it could have been:
There are "Strider Tonk" mechanostriders in the spawned trash just before the 'Tussle Tonks' fight in Operation: Mechagon. They come in at least two unavailable strider colours: red and blue (both with green eyes).

I've added them to the database and the suggestion list, anyway. It's also possible it might prevent the bosses spawning if you tame one rather than kill it, but I'm not sure.
The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by The Insect Man »

Also for undead - the Nerubian fliers in Northrend (with the blood beast-style models) and the Nerubian skitterers (https://www.wowhead.com/npc=24566/nerubar-skitterer and similar) are undead and would make great pets if tameable.