Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Teigan »

Oh. Oh my pretty, pretty ponies. This is glorious.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:I forgot about Bees. Most likely they'll be made tamable, either as their own family or added to an expanded and renamed Wasp family.
Wasn't there something in a build recently? Bees and Wendigo?
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

List of beasts that use the zhevra model (model #212):
https://www.wowhead.com/npcs?filter=34;0;212
Only the white and the infernal appearances don't seem to be used.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

@Qraljar. That was also in the very first Alpha build. It is just the addition of new NPC factions, of which there are dozens of. You normally can't see these families and are largely used by the devs. That being said, I could see Bees becoming tamable as their own family or an addition to Wasps. But not Wendigos/Yetis. New lore has stated that, whilst unable to speak, they do give each other names, form strategy, can create alliances, and they have a belief in an afterlife called the "Afterlands". As such, it would be enslavement if they were made into a pet.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

OK, all dreamrunners and zhevras have been checked in the field and added to the database, so they should appear in their individual look pages. It should make them easy to check for tameability once the family is added. Hopefully next week!

Actually, there's one NPC I couldn't confirm: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=96166/zhevra-runner
It's a different ID for the Zhevra Runner. The ones with the really old IDs were present, but I saw none of the one in the link. It was added in 7.0.3, so I wonder if it was a temporary thing during the pre-Legion invasions.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That would make sense, since Northern Barrens had an invasion. There are probably a few other NPCs that are copies (like Echeyakee).
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

WerebearGuy wrote:Some good news; Animal Companion now works on beta! I still have the floating sea turtle and armored "cat", so pre-tamed ones didn't get changed. Shame they won't be there on live.

Anyone think there is a chance we might get to keep the sea turtle? I tamed one, and because of the way he flaps about named him Dutchman (as in the Flying Dutchman)-he is so ridiculously cute and adorable, I'm going to be sad to lose him.

I mean we got to keep the porcupines.....
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I don't think there is a chance at all. Porcupines, though an accident, are a land-based animal. Sea Turtles are largely a water-based animal, which is why there is a very strong change that, unfortunately, it won't remain tamable. I know that they have already removed the tamability of two of the tamable sea turtles, and they may have removed the tamability of the other two (I haven't checked in a couple of builds).
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

If we get unicorns and not bees.. I will be mightily triggered.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

If I'm not mistaken, weren't horses and such getting model updates? I could've sworn I saw updated zhevra models along with the BfA horses, but I just can't find them.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

WerebearGuy wrote:If I'm not mistaken, weren't horses and such getting model updates? I could've sworn I saw updated zhevra models along with the BfA horses, but I just can't find them.
Horses are getting new models but I don't recall seeing new zhevra ones.
braunmar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Grizzly Hills

Unread post by braunmar »

There was a zebra color but no horn.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/73 ... AModel:531
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ooh! Good memory! :) I don't remember that one at all. I think I prefer the original models with the horns, it made them seem like more of a unique creature. Plus I tend to find the old sleek art style more appealing when it comes to WoW animals, they always make them so bulky and muscled in newer iterations.
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

Nice. After so many years, maybe Horses will finally be tameable. Great to see they have an Unofficial family page.
Last edited by Chya on Sat May 12, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

braunmar wrote:There was a zebra color but no horn.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/73 ... AModel:531
There was always one zebra skin attached the horse model (I don't recall it ever being used though), and it seems they decided to reproduce it for the updated horse. So sadly I suspect it's not a sign they're adding an updated zhevra.

They added so many configurable geosets to the new horse, such as different mane shapes, hooves and tails, that it's a shame they didn't also add an optional set of horns and beard. Then we'd have updated zhevras right now, with access to all the horse colours. Maybe that will still happen but it's possibly more than they have time for.
Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

Vephriel wrote:Ooh! Good memory! :) I don't remember that one at all. I think I prefer the original models with the horns, it made them seem like more of a unique creature. Plus I tend to find the old sleek art style more appealing when it comes to WoW animals, they always make them so bulky and muscled in newer iterations.
I feel the same about talbuks
I loved them because they were graceful and majestic...now..not so much :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Rozzana wrote:
Vephriel wrote:Ooh! Good memory! :) I don't remember that one at all. I think I prefer the original models with the horns, it made them seem like more of a unique creature. Plus I tend to find the old sleek art style more appealing when it comes to WoW animals, they always make them so bulky and muscled in newer iterations.
I feel the same about talbuks
I loved them because they were graceful and majestic...now..not so much :lol:
I'm the same. A bulkier horse model is great for adding war / draft horses, but it's a shame it's a replacement for the sleeker style, which was more realistic for a riding mount. Since it doesn't look like the new horse model is going to be adapted to make new zehvras any time soon, hopefully when they do add them they'll keep the sleeker model.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've now added an unofficial pterodactyl family page, with all the possible looks:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?id=pterodactyl

We haven't received any info on whether these creatures will become tameable, though most of us feel reasonably optimistic. If nothing else, the page is a handy record, just in case.

Also, NPC lists on Wowhead:
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Yep, I really do like the old world pterrodax and will definitely tame a good ol' green one if/when they become tameable. Wish they'd give them the Bat treatment and upgrade the mode la bit.

EDIT: this is gonna bother the hell out of me now. I was discussing pterrodax with my friend, and I noticed the old model has six fingers; three up top sticking out, and three where the webbing exists. I look at bats, and the old bats also have six fingers. New bats have four (gripping finger up top, three for webbing). Pandaria pterrodax have four fingers like new bats, and so do the BfA pterrodax. I want the old pterrodax model since I loved them back when I first saw them, but the six finger thing is going to bother me so much now.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I think they just copied the wyvern wing, with the paw on it. :/