Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Xota »

Oh, sorry. I misunderstood what you were saying in regards to toads being tanks. For what it's worth (next to nothing, I expect), frogs have a reputation around here as being difficult to shoot, even more than their size would suggest. Supposedly, when hunting frogs people shoot under the frog so the force of the water displaced by the bullet stuns or kills the frog, but if you shoot the frog itself, it gets away. I don't know how true any of that is, it's second or third hand information.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The Toads in Nazmir, at the very least, are said in a couple of quests to have thick muscle and hides. Eating a lot of meat seems to bolster them further.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

I seriously can't be the only one thinking how bad the alpaca model looks? :P
Shoonasasi

Unread post by Shoonasasi »

Valnaaros wrote:The Toads in Nazmir, at the very least, are said in a couple of quests to have thick muscle and hides. Eating a lot of meat seems to bolster them further.
Ahh, that makes sense. I guess we have soft toads on in Kul'Tiras. ;) Have the new toads been seen yet? The loa looking ones? I searched and searched on a Horde character for them but never came across one. Now they look tanky!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

None have been found yet. There are two tamable ones in the DB, but they are either spawned via a WQ or they may not actually be in the game.

Somber Dawn is still untamable, as are the three Silithids in Silithus.

The Bramblebacks are still tamable.

It looks like things weren't really touched this week.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Valnaaros wrote:It looks like things weren't really touched this week.
Yep, Thunder Isle and Isle of Giants pterodactyls still aren't tameable. I reported it as a bug. :(
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Xota wrote:Tenacity doesn't mean tank anymore, and ferocity isn't the only viable dps spec. The specs each bring something different, but none is overwhelmingly better for tanking or dps.
Sorta. my gripe is still with the odd combinations. of abilities. extra health paired with pvp talents.. it's back to the old mess, even if the pet specs are more balanced.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

SlickrockGhost wrote:
Xota wrote:Tenacity doesn't mean tank anymore, and ferocity isn't the only viable dps spec. The specs each bring something different, but none is overwhelmingly better for tanking or dps.
Sorta. my gripe is still with the odd combinations. of abilities. extra health paired with pvp talents.. it's back to the old mess, even if the pet specs are more balanced.
I'd say that they still have time to get it right before release, and to trust them, but then I'd be echoing my own words from the Legion beta where the failure to even come close to fixing pets by release (or at all) was completely eclipsed by the failure to get so many classes working properly by launch. So, this time I don't expect them to get it right, it'll just be a nice bonus if they do. I don't blame the class developers, I really think they have too much to do in too little time. Despite Blizzard saying that they now employ more staff than ever, the last 3 expansions have left me with a strong impression that they're over-worked and struggling to get everything working right for release, much more so than Pandaria and earlier. Maybe all the increased staffing is in HR and management :/ Or maybe I'm just noticing it more now.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Is there already a good, official feedback thread for pet abilities, that we can link here?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There is a BM discussion thread here. Other than that, the only other pet thread is one requesting for horses, brutosaurs, and more to be tamable (rather small thread).
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Wain wrote:I'd say that they still have time to get it right before release, and to trust them, but then I'd be echoing my own words from the Legion beta where the failure to even come close to fixing pets by release (or at all) was completely eclipsed by the failure to get so many classes working properly by launch...
I'm off to tame Quillens and SB's on all my new hunter alts. Those two, plus Krolusks, will likely be the 3 I run with for all of BfA.
ResiAni
Realm: Trollbane

Unread post by ResiAni »

Hello! I just got a beta invite recently and I’ve been looking for the green eel serpent and the black diemetrodon. Would anyone mind telling me where I can find them?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

ResiAni wrote:Hello! I just got a beta invite recently and I’ve been looking for the green eel serpent and the black diemetrodon. Would anyone mind telling me where I can find them?
The diemetrodon can be found at The Preserve in northeastern Zuldazar. The eel serpent can be found at Fogcliff Strand on the northern edge of the bay in Tiragarde Sound.
ResiAni
Realm: Trollbane

Unread post by ResiAni »

Thank you so much Valnaaros!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Happy to help :)
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

SlickrockGhost wrote:
I guess we have a different opinion. I really hope they don't remove any of the combinations. If I'm getting consistently burst down in arenas, I'd want to change to a tenacity pet to have a better chance of surviving it. And I wouldn't my only choices not to include offensive abilities. My pet dodging isn't going to help when I'm trying to outdps my enemies heals.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I guess if I had to pick a spec for toads based purely on their stereotypical nature, I would have said cunning. They're usually good at hiding themselves.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Wain wrote:I guess if I had to pick a spec for toads based purely on their stereotypical nature, I would have said cunning. They're usually good at hiding themselves.
True. And they'd be a natural fit for poison effects that did slows or healing debuffs.

BTW Wain, can you bug your secret source about Kungchongs? 8-)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Has anyone checked the tameable rabbits on beta? Are they still tameable? (Asking cause they're still listed on the beasts of BFA page)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They have been untamable for close to two months now. Was never intended for them to be tamable.