Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Wain »

Oh wow, I can't wait to see the thunder lizard! And I hope that the new wind serpent is as bright and colourful as the original.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Qraljar wrote:Now we wait for more videos of the gameplay demos to see if we can track down that supposed new tarantula model. According to Ian/Redshirtguy, it was in the Drustvar zone. So far, only the Lore/Josh Allen zone demo by Blizzard where I didn't see it. All other currently uploaded gameplay demos are Horde.
Apparently RedShirtGuy said he wasn't allowed to take any photos of the demo and that the streamers who were streaming it weren't, uh, supposed to be either. But I did tweet him to confirm about the tarantulas (just to be sure he meant tarantulas and not just a new spider model, I'm particular about this but I know not everyone is :lol: ) and they are definitely the fuzzy type! :D
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Vephriel wrote:
Qraljar wrote:Now we wait for more videos of the gameplay demos to see if we can track down that supposed new tarantula model. According to Ian/Redshirtguy, it was in the Drustvar zone. So far, only the Lore/Josh Allen zone demo by Blizzard where I didn't see it. All other currently uploaded gameplay demos are Horde.
Apparently RedShirtGuy said he wasn't allowed to take any photos of the demo and that the streamers who were streaming it weren't, uh, supposed to be either. But I did tweet him to confirm about the tarantulas (just to be sure he meant tarantulas and not just a new spider model, I'm particular about this but I know not everyone is :lol: ) and they are definitely the fuzzy type! :D
Good that you asked for confirmation. I saw he also listed updated bone spiders, so confusion could have popped up there, somehow. Glad to see tarantulas around. A lot of cool new beasts and beast updates. That lizard definitely stands out too. It's really beautifully textured.

I find it weird, though, that they weren't allowed to take photos or stream the demo, because Jesse Cox was casually having an interview with Ion Hazzikostas while streaming the demo.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

I'm gonna cry forever in a corner when we get in there and confirm that the zombiedinos are undead. ....Which my, ya know, dead hunter can't tame.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Thwip wrote:I'm gonna cry forever in a corner when we get in there and confirm that the zombiedinos are undead. ....Which my, ya know, dead hunter can't tame.
Hope there'll be new non-undead devilsaur, but yeah, zombie devilsaurs could definitely be cool for undead hunters.

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Qraljar wrote:
Thwip wrote:I'm gonna cry forever in a corner when we get in there and confirm that the zombiedinos are undead. ....Which my, ya know, dead hunter can't tame.
Hope there'll be new non-undead devilsaur, but yeah, zombie devilsaurs could definitely be cool for undead hunters.
Devilsaurs are my absolute favorite in the game. Period. Nibbles is my oldest pet and been with me since lvl63 before the taming changes and a race change! I mighta ...squeeled unexpectedly loud when I saw the Zombisaurs and then immediately head desk'd knowing they'd probably be Undead vs Beasts.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Zarola
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Tanaris

Unread post by Zarola »

Parade-dinotopia-818043_700_349.jpg
Parade-dinotopia-818043_700_349.jpg (111.35 KiB) Viewed 4729 times
The Brotosaur looks like it came out of a Dinotopia book.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Vephriel wrote:
That seems odd. Ion sat with Jesse Cox (who was dressed as Mei lol) while Jesse was streaming. They even took twitch chat questions and Ion himself read some of the chat. He knew he was streaming.

HOWEVER

That wouldn't be there first time this Blizzcon were one person said one thing and another said the opposite :lol:
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yep! Chris said we weren't getting new Gob and Worgen models, and Ion said the opposite ;D
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:Yep! Chris said we weren't getting new Gob and Worgen models, and Ion said the opposite ;D
And after that, Chris amended it and said that we were getting new Goblin and Worgen models several times, not at 8.0 launch but during BfA.

Seems like Ion had a stern talk with him. That, or the plans were always to update them, but Chris wasn't sure if he was allowed to reveal that yet.

Dino
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Dino »

I am just so happy for new creature models. I need the lizard, dinosaurs, walking fossil dinos, and the arthropod creature. aaaaaaaaaaa. My geologist side of me is crying happy tears. Now I can only hope they are up for taming.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Qraljar wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Yep! Chris said we weren't getting new Gob and Worgen models, and Ion said the opposite ;D
And after that, Chris amended it and said that we were getting new Goblin and Worgen models several times, not at 8.0 launch but during BfA.

Seems like Ion had a stern talk with him. That, or the plans were always to update them, but Chris wasn't sure if he was allowed to reveal that yet.
I'd guess 8.1, considering they said Goblins and Male Worgen were pretty much done, just needed a few more animations, but they still had to completely rework female worgen. (Which I'm looking forward to) They didn't say they were updating, they said rework, I assume because of how many people have asked.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I feel like it's probably a pipe dream to expect the long-necked dinos to be tameable, but I can't deny wanting them anyways. :lol: I mean, I never in my wildest dreams expected devilsaurs to become tameable, and imagining the long-necks shrunk down to that height is...kind of adorable.

But yeah, I'm really stoked about those new lizards, they feel like a guaranteed tame to me, especially considering they use the warp stalker skeleton. I think they're my most anticipated thing right now along with the tarantulas, which we sadly don't have any images of yet, but I know I'll love them regardless. I don't know what to call those spiky creatures from the desert, but those are awesome too and I'm wondering which of the more...unorthodox looking beasts we might be able to tame. I'm looking forward to getting a better view of those new bird models too. EDIT: OH I almost forgot the pterrosaurs and the armored devilsaurs! High hopes for both of those and I'm eagre for them as well. :D
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I hope the Brotosaurs will have some smaller version that is tamable, but I admit it isn't too likely. A big part of their draw is how big they are, and that would be lost if they were smaller.

I'll definitely be getting one of those lizards, as well as those new insects :D
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Vephriel wrote:I feel like it's probably a pipe dream to expect the long-necked dinos to be tameable, but I can't deny wanting them anyways. :lol: I mean, I never in my wildest dreams expected devilsaurs to become tameable, and imagining the long-necks shrunk down to that height is...kind of adorable.

But yeah, I'm really stoked about those new lizards, they feel like a guaranteed tame to me, especially considering they use the warp stalker skeleton. I think they're my most anticipated thing right now along with the tarantulas, which we sadly don't have any images of yet, but I know I'll love them regardless. I don't know what to call those spiky creatures from the desert, but those are awesome too and I'm wondering which of the more...unorthodox looking beasts we might be able to tame. I'm looking forward to getting a better view of those new bird models too. EDIT: OH I almost forgot the pterrosaurs and the armored devilsaurs! High hopes for both of those and I'm eagre for them as well. :D
Valnaaros wrote:I hope the Brotosaurs will have some smaller version that is tamable, but I admit it isn't too likely. A big part of their draw is how big they are, and that would be lost if they were smaller.

I'll definitely be getting one of those lizards, as well as those new insects :D
I wonder if the Brotosaur can't just be scaled down to a more manageable size. I'll have to check how that works out, proportionally. Their neck is long - really long, so the body might have to be scaled down far too much for it to look good.

But just their wild beast/mount scale doesn't really concern me. We regularly have pets that scale down to smaller sizes. Devilsaur being a good example. Aside from their extended necks, they're pretty much Draenor hydras, even use the same rig, I think. (Edit: I'm not so sure about that now, and now I feel really stupid.)

As for Pterosaurs/Skyscreamers? If there was ever one expansion to introduce them as hunter pets, this one is it. Can even tie it into the Zandalari joining a faction, or something like that. Maybe Zandalari hunters can tame one normally (like Gnomes and Goblins can with mechs) and other hunters have to do something to learn to tame them?

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Maybe we just tame *baby* longnecks :D
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Official list of all known updated models in BfA:

Tarantulas
Frogs
House Cats
Bone Spiders
Earth Revenants
Wind Serpents
Thunder Lizards
Dimetrodons
Pigs
Pet Turtles
Hyenas
Buzzards
Marmots
And it’s really early, so hopefully we can expect more. There would almost certainly be things that people haven’t noticed yet. I wonder if that parrot mount also has a wild version and if it’s going to be an update or something for new areas only. The same with the new seagull.

With all the new naga art I’m honestly surprised that original serpents haven’t been updated yet. Their art and naga art always had a lot of overlap.

The newer devilsaur model is so close to the old that they could almost certainly just create the right skins for it and swap it in. Maybe the gryphon too. The raptor might need a few tweaks, but with some feathers and one less nose horn it could just about be adapted from the newer model.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Oh I wanna see the tarantulas! and the buzzards! marmots! all of them!
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Makoes wrote: Spikey tree wolf-thing
That tree-wolf thing, from what I have seen on a recent video (from this morning, actually), is marked down as an aberration rather than a beast, unfortunately

Not saying that's a permanent label, or course, but I don't think I've seen anyone point it out before now so :') it's a bit of a shame, because they're really cool looking :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Those are wicker creatures, and I highly doubt they'll become beasts, since they aren't. They are composed of wood, dead cats, fabric, etc. And all bound together by druidic death magic.