Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by sasrei7 »

So after forever.. I tamed him when I dismissed my pet prior to killing the guy.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Malformed Lion, Malformed Raptor, and Malformed Vulture are found in the Gallery of Failures in Uldir. The Malformed Vulture is lvl 122, Elite. Uses the Albatross skin with the pink beak.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Silithid Hunter-Killer and Qiraji Scarab are in the Archives of Eternity in Uldir. The scarabs are 120 and the wasps are 121 elites. Both are tamable.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

The Qiraji Scarab and Silithid Hunter-Killer in Zek'voz's room (pretty sure it was his room) are tamable. The Beetles came in a few colors, the Wasps were the "Pewter" skin. :mrgreen:

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The wasps aren't actually tameable, right, since they're 121? Have either of you tamed the beetle yourselves? :) If so you can easily find out all the colours it can come in.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Correct, they are just listed as tamable, so if they remain such then they'll be tamable in the next xpac :) And no, I haven't been able to. There are ~six of them that are apart of a single group along with the wasps; so when one thing is pulled, they all are and it isn't possible to get aggro off of the tank. That being said, I only saw the orange and blue variant being used.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

As I posted on another thread, here's a bulk list of things that are untameable currently, but I think are good candidates for taming:

http://www.wow-petopia.com/tamecheck.php

It's too big to just paste here.

I omitted anything that is (i) friendly to both factions, (ii) friendly to one faction and in an area (city, town) belonging to that faction, (iii) clearly meant to be some other NPC's pet or under their command, (iv) part of a boss fight, (v) part of Island Expeditions (maybe this won't be an issue but I'm unsure).
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

You left the pigs off the list. ;_;

They'd be good candidates for the boar family.

And you know, Beehemoth. ;)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The pigs were deliberately made untameable so I didn't worry about those :)

Unfortunately Beehemoth is 122, which is the only reason we can't tame it :( I focused on mobs that aren't flagged tameable but could be tameable in practice if flagged.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:The pigs were deliberately made untameable so I didn't worry about those :)

Unfortunately Beehemoth is 122, which is the only reason we can't tame it :( I focused on mobs that aren't flagged tameable but could be tameable in practice if flagged.
Are the Dire Toads and the smaller BfA toads also intended untameables?
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Blizz, for some reason, didn't implement Dire Toads that weren't friendly. They are located almost entirely in Krag'wa's domain (thus being his children), and the few found outside of his swamp are also his children and friendly. Hopefully some tamable dire toads will be added in 8.1
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

They kinda implemented a couple of aggressive toads of that style:
- Plague Toads are adds in the Avatar of Sethraliss encounter, so less likely to ever become tameable
- Roughback Leapers are aggressive and high level, but they have the lower-res critter version of the model and are tiny, so who knows whether they intended them to be critters or beasts. They're untameable, anyway, but if they do upgrade them to a hi res model (and keep them as beasts) hopefully they'll allow them to be tamed.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I'm kind of glad I didn't get BFA off the bat, because there's at least three or four creatures I wanted to tame, but for some reason are untamable and there are no other creatures with that appearance.

Purple Krolusk, turquoise deep sea eel, skyscreamers, dire toads, various colors of crabs, etc.

Hopefully these are addressed in a future patch.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Wait. The sea eels are supposed to not be tameable?

.... I think they have been changed to be tameable. Because the last time I came across them, I *swear* I checked one and it was tameable. Going to go check that!

EDIT: I stand corrected. It was the Cove Eels I was thinking about. The picture here makes them look more purple than they appeared on my screen!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Valnaaros wrote:Blizz, for some reason, didn't implement Dire Toads that weren't friendly. They are located almost entirely in Krag'wa's domain (thus being his children), and the few found outside of his swamp are also his children and friendly. Hopefully some tamable dire toads will be added in 8.1

As of right now, there is only one Dire Toad that I have seen that is aggressive, however, it's a 'Spawn of Krag'wa' that spawns during the Ritual Combat WQ atop the pyramind in the Zanchul quarter. I did try Beast Lore, none of the beasts summoned by that WQ are tameable.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

There are neutral attackable Dire Toads located near the Tiger Temple in Vol'dun.

They're smaller than average, and beasts, but untameable. I don't think they're named after the Loa either.

I remember seeing them while leveling my Horde through there.

If no one checks them before I check back on this post and posts their name/screenshot, I'll take some when I hop back on my Horde.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Actually, the frogs I saw are a completely different model than the regular frogs OR the Dire Toads that aren't even on the Toads page.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=136475/speckled-bullfrog

They're similar to the Dire Toads, but not the same. Perhaps they should be added to the Toads page?

And yes, they're beasts, but they're not tameable.

...I actually like these models better than the other two, if I'm honest.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote:Actually, the frogs I saw are a completely different model than the regular frogs OR the Dire Toads that aren't even on the Toads page.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=136475/speckled-bullfrog

They're similar to the Dire Toads, but not the same. Perhaps they should be added to the Toads page?

And yes, they're beasts, but they're not tameable.

...I actually like these models better than the other two, if I'm honest.
Funny coincidence, I just ran into those guys last night :) Actually, probably not a coincidence - probably the same WQ lured us both there ;)

Those frogs are using the critter version of the new toad model, and they're also tiny, so I'm unsure what the intent is with them - were they meant to be critters or beasts? If the latter, they should probably be made a little bigger and use the higher-res beast model - there are actually three different models for this toad: the giant "loa" one with a wreath on its head, the tiny critter one which is low-poly, and one in between which has good resolution but isn't tarted up with wreaths and stuff and is presumably meant for beasts.

I've noted them on the bug thread as a question mark item:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 04#p601504 (last entry on that post)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Naw, I was leveling my Horde through Vol'dun, just happened to spot them. Assumed they had already been found. I thought they were Dire Toads, lol.

They're meant to be beasts. They have a loot table and can be skinned. They also have a diet as well as beast lore.

Now if they were meant to be using the Dire Toad model or not is unclear. But the actual NPC was meant to be a beast. Lol.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I found them back during the Alpha and included them in the main list. I agree with Wain that they may be intended as critters and not beasts. And if it came down to it, I would prefer the Dire Toad model to be tamable over these small toads.