Battle for Azeroth Story Thread (Spoilers within)

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Battle for Azeroth Story Thread (Spoilers within)

Unread post by Ana »

still patch on the eu servers.. first up at 11 am Danish time...

Just played the story with husband
Short but i kinda liked it....

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I liked it, but none of it surprised me.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Kinda sad it was so short.... do we got any eta on the next chapter/expansion what ever they will do?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

8.3 could be deployed on the ptr sometime in October, but they will most likely wait till BlizzCon and announce 8.3 alongside the next xpac. The way things are sounding, N’zoth will be the final boss for this xpac, and we’ll deal with Sylvanas in a future xpac.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ive heard rumors of next x pac being in some kind of underworld. . But they just rumors right? Nothing released yet?

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Judging by all the random shades you have to fight in BFA and all the talk of something in the underworld doing bad stuff I think it's a safe bet. I have a feeling that's where Sylvannas got her new powers from. She's dead after all.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It’s based off of a supposed leak. If it is true, Stormwond gets attacked by Sylvanas and all of the faction leaders will kill each other (after the Horde side again with Sylvanas). We also get killed and we join Sylvanas is going to the Shadowlands.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

huh that sound rather... well weird after they just decided to stand united against her now they will stand behind her again... ohh well guess we have to see...

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Ny'alotha Raid Bosses

Wrathion, the Black Emperor: Despite all his schemes, Wrathion could not avoid succumbing to the madness that claimed his father. With his mind corrupted by N'Zoth, the Black Prince is a force of unbridled hatred, capable of annihilating all who oppose him in blood and flame.

Maut: When the breaking of N'Zoth's prison unleashed his Aqir across Azeroth, their dark prophets set about constructing an obsidian statue imbued with the void essence of the Old God himself. The moment Maut sprung to life it consumed the magic of its creators, leaving their corpses to rot beneath the scorching sun of Uldum.

The Prophet Skitra: Prophet Skitra is a master of twisting his victims minds, until they are unable to discern reality from the terrors he creates.

Dark Inquisitor Xanesh: There are few who can resist N'Zoth's whispers, but those who do are doomed to fall under Dark Inquisitor Xanesh's wrath. A mastermind of torture, Xanesh prides herself on slowly peeling the sanity from of her victims until they have been carved into true worshippers of the Black Empire.

The above boss is shown to be torturing Azshara, with the tools torturing her being a part of the encounter.

The Hivemind: Generals of N'Zoth's aqir army, Ka'zir and Tek'ris are able to exert their will over the hive. Each feels they are the dominant leader and will wrest control from the other, changing the tactics of their minions.

Shad'har the Insatiable: One of N'Zoth's more abberrant creations, Shad'har the Insatiable devours anything he can. Fed by slurry secreted from the walls of its domain, this ravenous beast is wracked in constant torment as the very thing that sustains him also causes radical mutations.

Drest'agath: The great form of Drest'agath slumbered beneath the Black Empire, until she was awakened by N'Zoth's return. Now, she rises to the surface, like a great boil on the verge of bursting. Parts of Drest'agath have already broken the surface, threatening to spill her pestilence across Azeroth.

Vexiona: Vexiona amassed a following of lost souls desperate for power with the promise of being reborn in N'Zoth's image. High atop her temple within the Black Empire she transforms her most loyal servants with the power of the Void, creating a devoted army of unstoppable horrors.

Ra-den the Despoiled: Deep within the Black Empire, the Keeper's fate is revealed. Now corrupted by N'Zoth, Ra-Den works to make his master's vision of the Black Empire a reality.

Il'gynoth, Corruption Reborn: After defeat in the Emerald Nightmare, Il'gynoth retreated to the depths of Ny'alotha. Here, he has merged with the very architecture of N'Zoth's plane. Spreading like a malignant tumor, Il'gynoth's corruption continues to feed on everything he touches.

Carapace of N'Zoth: A writhing mass of flesh, eyes, and tentacles ley like a mountain ahead. Tendrils of corruption and fear seep from the hulking body. This is the core of the Black Empire, the seat of N'Zoth's power, within the body of a god.

N'Zoth, the Corruptor: Despite being imprisoned deep beneath the waves by the titan-forged, N'Zoth's influence continued to corrupt Azeroth. Now, for the first time in millenia, the true form of N'Zoth the Corruptor is revealed. Unless he is stopped, the Black Empire will plunge Azeroth into an eternity of darkness.

World Boss

Grand Empress Shek'zara: With the awakening of N'Zoth, Shek'zara, empress of the mantid, pledged her swarm to the old god's will. In service of her dark master, she unleashed her forces upon the Vale of Eternal Blossoms to claim Pandaria in N'Zoth's name.

The above boss was hinted to in the Island Expeditions.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Kinda sad that Wrathion will be corrupted. .I hasæd hoped they find a way around that. .

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Regarding Wrathion, assuming he is the first boss, he may be purified as he helps us later in the raid.

It looks like for the Goblin heritage armor, we will be helping Gazlowe in taking over Kezan and kicking out Gallywix as leader of the Bilgewater Cartel.

It looks like Calia will be either leading the Forsaken or will be leading her own group of undead. Voss has reached out to her, and it looks like the undead NEs are speaking to her, too.

Depending on whether or not it is a dream, the Worgen may be killing Nathanos in their heritage armor scenario.

Tyrande's Opinion on the Fourth War

Anduin: The armistice is signed. At long last, the Fourth War is over.
Tyrande: No. Not while the Black Moon still cries out for vengeance. Not until the Horde has answered for its treachery.
Anduin: Further bloodshed will not bring back the fallen. We must renew our hope and forge a future for those who survived.
Tyrande: And when the next warchief musters an army, will hope save you if it is Stormwind that burns?
Anduin: I know it's difficult to trust, but there are signs of change within the Horde. In place of a warchief, there is now a council led by Baine, Thrall, and the others. I believe they can--
Tyrande: Your faith is naive, lion son. I will sign no treaty unless it is written in the Banshee's blood!
Anduin: Tyrande!
Genn: There is truth in her words, Anduin. Peace may be on the table today, but soon enough the Horde will sound their drums and march for war.
Genn: When that day comes, no scrap of parchment will hold them back.
Anduin: The path to peace will not be easy, and not all will choose to walk it. But this is the only way to build a better future. I believe it will work, Genn.

Shandris: You spoke harshly to King Anduin, Tyrande. The kaldorei can ill afford to shun the Alliance. They have provided aid and comfort to us in these dark times.
Tyrande: The young king is foolish to trust our enemies. Harsh words should be the least of his fears.
Shandris: The Banshee Queen no longer leads the Horde. Those who do seem more inclined toward peace than war.
Tyrande: If the wolf is rabid, it matters not who rides it. Sooner or later, the beast will bare its fangs.
Shandris: You are dearest to my heart, Tyrande. I beg you, let go of the Black Moon's rage and embrace the mother's light once again. I could not bear to lose you to darkness.
Tyrande: Know this. My hunger for vengeance will not be sated so long as Sylvanas Windrunner remains free--and until I know why Elune abandoned her children.
Shandris: Tyrande! Do not say such--
Tyrande: I will tarry no longer in this city of men. Let us leave for the boughs of Nordrassil.
Tyrande: From there we will dispatch the Sentinels to every corner of Azeroth. Let no one rest until the Banshee is found!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Fate of the Forsaken

Overlord Gey'arah: The Mag'har have never known life without a warchief. It will be hard for them--and for me. But it seems your people have lost a queen as well.
Lilian Voss: The Forsaken are torn by turmoil and doubt. Many still love Sylvanas, even after all she has done. Others believe their home remains in the Horde.
Overlord Geya'rah: And you? Where do your loyalties lie?
Lilian Voss:Where they always have--with the Forsaken. To be raised into undeath is to be forever haunted by the ghosts of your past. A caring hand can offer comfort through the pain.
Overlord Geya'rah: I see no crown upon your head. Are you the new queen they seek?
Lilian Voss:No. I'll speak on my people's behalf, but I won't rule them. There is another I believe will prove better suited to that task... when the time is right.
Overlord Geya'rah: The love you hold for your people burns as bright as my own for the Mag'har. I wish you good fortune, Lilian Voss.

Calia: Thank you for coming, Jaina. I wanted you both to know... I have decided to leave Kul Tiras.
Jaina: You're leaving? Why?
Calia: I received a letter from Lilian Voss of the Forsaken. She asks for my help.
Calia: The Forsaken lost their queen. For many, it's the second time they've been abandoned. They feel adrift. Alone.
Jaina: But Calia, none of that is your--
Calia: They are my people, Jaina. My father gave everything for Lordaeron. I wish to honor him, and to prove worthy of the name I was born with. The name Menethil.
Derek: Right, then. So when do we leave?
Calia: I cannot ask you to come with me, Derek. Kul Tiras is your home.
Derek: I am a Proudmoore, and I always will be. But I've changed, and it's time to see where the tides will take me.
Jaina: I understand, though I will miss you both. Come. Mother and Tandred would never forgive me if I let you leave without a proper farewell.

Lilian: My lady. Thank you for agreeing to meet with me. I am Lilian Voss.
Calia: Miss Voss. I once listened to your father's sermons. That was... long ago. Forgive me, I haven't introduced my companion. This is Lord Derek Proudmoore.
Lilian: Lord Proudmoore. You should know that I played a part in the events that led to your undeath. I... regret much of what has happened.
Lilian: I didn't know... at first. Once I did, I should have stopped it. Baine Bloodhoof showed the courage I lacked. If I could change the past, I would.
Calia: You didn't reach out to offer apologies. Why did you ask us here?
Lilian: This champion witnessed your kindness toward Lord Proudmoore. How you helped him through his torment. Sadly, he is not the only one who suffered in the war.
Calia: Night elf sentinels? Why are you... By the Light!
Lilian: Many fell at Teldrassil. Some were raised into rage and darkness, turned against their own people. They, too, have been abandoned.
Derek: Calia, I know the pain they suffer. The hopelessness. You must do something for them.
Calia: We will, Derek. Together.

Calia: Greetings. I am Calia Menethil of Lordaeron. I will do my best to help you. Please, come with us.
Lilian: That meeting went exactly as I'd hoped. I believe Calia Menethil can help many who are lost.
Lilian: We will speak again soon. There is more work to be done.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Horde Council and Darkspear Leader

Lor'themar: The Alliance has sent word. They have agreed to the armistice. This bitter war is finally over.
Baine: At last we can begin to heal our wounded Earth Mother... and the wounded Horde as well.
Lor'themar: One question remains. Who will serve as warchief? Perhaps, you, Thrall, would--
Thrall: No. I told Saurfang I would not lead the Horde again.
Thrall: But perhaps the question is not who will become warchief... but whether there should be one at all.
Lor'themar: Though the Horde has changed through the years--for good or ill--our people have always looked to a warchief to guide us forward.
Baine: That legacy must end. The war nearly cost us everything. There is no place for a warchief in a time of peace.
Thrall: It is true--the Horde has changed. Our ranks have grown, and new voices have stepped forth to lead.
Thrall: This is what makes us strong. All of us, building a new future--together.

Rokhan: Since da death of Vol'jin, da Darkspear been lookin' ta me ta guide dem.
Rokhan: I been fightin' for dem a long, long time... but dat don't mean I deserve ta be deir chieftain.
Baine: I felt much the same when my father died. It happened suddenly, and I feared that I was unprepared to take his place.
Baine: But I was ready, just as you are. You proved that in Zuldazar and at Stromgarde. The Darkspear have faith in you, and so do I.
Rokhan: Heh. Ya best be stoppin' da flattery, Baine, before it be goin' ta me head.
Rokhan: But... da Darkspear do be needin' a leader. A voice on da council. And if it gotta be me... den it be me.
Baine: Trust your judgment, Rokhan. It has led you this far.
Rokhan: It be havin' a lotta help. From da Darkspear, from da loa... and from da Horde.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Huh. That I did not expect. .wonder if Shandris will be the new nelf leader if Tyrande proves to be an enemy of the peace. I cannot imagine the horde players satisfied with the prospect of no clear leader. .

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Namárië wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:50 am Huh. That I did not expect. .wonder if Shandris will be the new nelf leader if Tyrande proves to be an enemy of the peace. I cannot imagine the horde players satisfied with the prospect of no clear leader. .
From what I’ve read on the Story Forums, some are fine with it, whilst others are not and believe it is Blizz’s way to begin merging the two factions.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I personally would not mind the two faction merging but deem it unlikely.. lorewise i could never see the horde rally under a human ruler... well.. maybe Jaina but not mr. Brad Pitt baby face.. err i mean Anduin

Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I don't think that they would ever merge the factions, but if they did I don't think the horde would be ruled by an alliance leader just like the alliance wouldn't be ruled by a horde leader. I think it would be a council and each race has their elected leader to represent them on this council. That's what it seems The horde is going to be doing.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

We do not kill Wrathion, nor is he ever corrupted. The one we fight is an illusion created by N’zoth to try and trick us.